• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation July 2014 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

Listings removed

EDIT: 2 more releases added back to July (via FUNimation Online Shop)

Last edited by WTK on Mon May 05, 2014 10:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Pretty damn cheap for Deadman, knew it was a good idea to wait for the bluray.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
The DVD version was ultra-cheap too though. No contest that a combo pack is the superior product though.

As for the list, I would probably get Railgun S if there were an LE, but I'll pass until the complete collection.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Whenever Railgun S's second half comes out, I'll be hopping on getting both sets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
Railgun S on DVD is so shameful to degrade such a beautiful piece of art.

anyway, I will be getting ben-to for sure, I need to thank that guy at funimation with the hair that sticks up. I will also pick up senran kagura for sure.

Devil is a part timer, im' on the fence with that. show went no-where and i did not agree at all with the ending.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
Senran Kagura - Ninja Flash? So is this a retitle, a subtitle or a new title? None of them seem to fit. And it's getting dubbed; Guess I'll have to get interested in watching a group of large breasted ninja girls bounce around.

Nope, still don't care. Besides, I'll stick with large breasted samurai girls, thank you as "concealment" and "cleavage" don't quite meet in my mind.

Anyway, Ben-to, I still haven't seen it but if it has a good cast, I can get away with a blind buy; Maybe I'm not looking for the show in the right places.

Devil is a Part Timer, yes... Ish, kind of. I loved the show but it needs more episodes. No, yes, definitely. Wait, I've already made a large preorder for the month so no. Maybe?

And Railgun S is DVD only, I expected it but to actually see Funimation shot themselves in the foot is impressive. Didn't like it as the show itself was confused as to what someone with electrical powers could actually do. An adaptation of a manga that was filler to a light novel, amazing...

And Shana season 2 is a DVD/BD SAVE release already; It wasn't that long ago I kept looking at the overpriced Season 2 two part release thinking "Wow, this season bored the hell out of me. Why do I have season 1 again?"
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
The only one I'm interested in is Deadman, but man it kind of annoys me that its the Anime Classics version. Plus, what's up with what Funi gives the LE treatment to? No LE for Jormungand, but Ben-To and Part-timer get one? Weird.

I liked where Ben-To started and I wanted them to go farther, but instead it went quickly to repetitive mediocrity. Part-Timer was decent, but not enough to warrant a buy for me. As far as Railgun goes I think I too will wait until there's a complete collection.
ChihiroFujisaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I'm interested in any of these titles; I'd absolutely get a Blu-Ray of Railgun S, but it seems as though that's not in the cards. I wonder if they'll do a re-release of the whole Raildex series at some point on Blu-Ray?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
ChihiroFujisaki wrote:
I wonder if they'll do a re-release of the whole Raildex series at some point on Blu-Ray?

I suppose, once Kadokawa stops being penises about it and lets them put out a blu ray. I hear they are getting better about allowing that, but still looks like it's not happening too quickly.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Interesting that they're releasing the second season of Railgun before releasing the second season of Index. Kinda bummed about it, too (though I'll be picking it up anyway; likely when part II is released).
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably get the Shakugan no Shana season 2 S.A.V.E. at some point and maybe Deadman Wonderland.
ChihiroFujisaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
ChihiroFujisaki wrote:
I wonder if they'll do a re-release of the whole Raildex series at some point on Blu-Ray?

I suppose, once Kadokawa stops being penises about it and lets them put out a blu ray. I hear they are getting better about allowing that, but still looks like it's not happening too quickly.

It at least doesn't seem to be impossible, since we've gotten Kadokawa titles on Blu-Ray before. I'm guessing there's a sort of holdback period; Sentai mentioned something of the sort on their Facebook page regarding their DVD only titles. Hopefully it ends soon, because I'd be absolutely down if Funimation released some Raildex titles on Blu-Ray.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
Index II was re-released in Japan on blu-ray this past fall and so was railgun.
Don't hold your breathe for a USA release anytime soon.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Yay! for the Devil is a Part-Timer! I have been counting the months to buy it pretty much since the middle of May 2013, when I fell in love with the show.

I too hope for a second season. And based on the BD/DVD sales in Japan, I will be very surprised if we do not see a sequel soon.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
ChihiroFujisaki wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
ChihiroFujisaki wrote:

It at least doesn't seem to be impossible, since we've gotten Kadokawa titles on Blu-Ray before. I'm guessing there's a sort of holdback period; Sentai mentioned something of the sort on their Facebook page regarding their DVD only titles. Hopefully it ends soon, because I'd be absolutely down if Funimation released some Raildex titles on Blu-Ray.

Wasn't this the issue with other Kadokawa stuff? If my memory is correct didn't they hold back BDs for Is this a Zombie, Strike Witches and Deadman Wonderland, to name a few? I think it was like 2 years after the DVD releases, before we got the BDs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3