• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Infinite Stratos 2 OVA, Monster Hunter Frontier G Crossover Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Hopefully the OVA will make up for the disappointing season 2.
Dfens

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately it won't.

Looks like it picks up and finishes the last volume released which is number 8.

This new OVA in the novels actually takes place before the second to last episode of season 2 and the final episode was filler.

Still at least we will see Chifuyu take on a IS in person with no IS of her own only thing worth seeing, and more fan service if that's your thing.

Which is really sad that their is no more source material and the fact the ending of the this last arc didn't end on a high note vs the first seasons.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
hmm...so that means all the stuff from the novels have been animated as of now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
OH&S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I swear I saw the 9th novel listed on Amazon, but I may have been mistaken. Not that I have any care about this series...
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
IS Infinite Stratos would been so much more if they had taken a risk and did their own storyline so they were crippled by waiting for the light novels to get written.

I'm not against Fan Service, its what keeps the industry alive in some sad ways, but IS needs more content. Badly.

I still don't understand the point of having people goto school for IS and do what after words??? sit in a barrack all day? No one dares having wars. Its a dull setting for an anime unless they do more with it.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
OH&S wrote:
I swear I saw the 9th novel listed on Amazon, but I may have been mistaken. Not that I have any care about this series...
You weren't mistaken, and according to the IS Twitter account, it's set to come out on the 25th of this month.
https://twitter.com/is_anime/status/440351621034172417
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4906866360/

It's the first volume in over a year though. The series has yet to get back into having a regular publishing schedule thanks to the dispute the author had with Media Factory. Volume 8 after all was the first volume in over two years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 was a disaster. This OVA doesn't seem to change my thoughts either...shame.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1