• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - May 12th - May 18th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
The Bleach episode didn't feel pointless to me--it felt more like an intermission of sorts. It was a nice, fluffy little break from the main story. My favorite thing about the episode was the cat that Yuzu decided to name "Cammie" or "Cammy" (spelling?), spoiler[which was short for camel and came from her camel-colored underwear], or something like that (I thought that was so weird and silly that I couldn't help but be amused). Anime catgrin Many people probably thought that the plot points dealing with the cat spirit were melodramatic and sappy, but I actually felt rather sad when I was watching it. Not quite as sad as when I watched the ending of Someday's Dreamers when Yume could only spoiler[help a dying kitten by keeping it company], but still, it was a bit sad and bittersweet, especially since the cat spirit was trying to spoiler[thank Yuzu and make her feel better because she felt responsible for the cat's death. ]

Heh, heh...I also thought it was funny that Ichigo's sisters thought the cat looked like him. And my inner child thought that the kitty spoiler[turning into an awesome flaming lion] was really cool. Anime smile

Once again, I liked the Blood+ episode from this week, although it was a little depressing to watch something that shows how the horrors of war linger long after the war has ended. The soothing nature and timelessness of classical music made an appearance in Blood+ again when the Vietnamese girl (I'm not sure how to write her name) played the piano. I loved that part. It was such a lovely montage of simply lovely everyday things--birds, a cat waiting for the rain to stop, a person waiting for someone, a person looking out the window at the rain, etc. I actually thought of that part when I went to a classical music concert yesterday. I thought of Blood+ and of fighting that goes on in the world today as I watched the different individual musicians work together to make something beautiful with their instruments. The contrast made me very sad and made me wonder why more people can't focus more on working together with the instruments of art instead of fighting against each other with the instruments of war. At the same time, the contrast amazes me. The beauty and the ugliness amazes me. I suppose another anime (and novel series), Kino no Tabi, deals with that as well, doesn't it?

Now, if only I can figure out the meaning behind the title of the episode, other than the fact that there was an actual rainbow or two in the episode. Hmm...
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Idaten Jump (Cartoon Network)
-Thu May 17 6:00am - Episode 1 "Idaten Jump"
-Fri May 18 6:00am - Episode 2 "Detour"

How could such a highlight be relegated to the recycle bin? Idaten Jump, the show so bad CN has absolutely no listing of on its website, and whose VOD slot went to another Pee-Wee episode, is re-running for all of us who missed it the first time .... and plan to do likewise the second.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:14 am Reply with quote
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
Once again, I liked the Blood+ episode from this week, although it was a little depressing to watch something that shows how the horrors of war linger long after the war has ended. The soothing nature and timelessness of classical music made an appearance in Blood+ again when the Vietnamese girl (I'm not sure how to write her name) played the piano. I loved that part. It was such a lovely montage of simply lovely everyday things--birds, a cat waiting for the rain to stop, a person waiting for someone, a person looking out the window at the rain, etc. I actually thought of that part when I went to a classical music concert yesterday. I thought of Blood+ and of fighting that goes on in the world today as I watched the different individual musicians work together to make something beautiful with their instruments. The contrast made me very sad and made me wonder why more people can't focus more on working together with the instruments of art instead of fighting against each other with the instruments of war. At the same time, the contrast amazes me. The beauty and the ugliness amazes me. I suppose another anime (and novel series), Kino no Tabi, deals with that as well, doesn't it?

Now, if only I can figure out the meaning behind the title of the episode, other than the fact that there was an actual rainbow or two in the episode. Hmm...

I'm sure you noticed the song that Mui played on the piano. I've heard it on Big O before, when R. Dorothy used to play it I think. It's "Raindrop" by Chopin. Very pretty little piece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote
I've seen that Cutsey episode of BLEACH, it was good... however, that Don Kanoji stuff should have been cut....
BTW: did anyone notice the "Poor Quality" error during the First Run?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Kazekun

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
Probably because the ColoursTV website schedule never lists what particular episodes they are playing, plus they haven't shown anything new in ages.

Even though the Funi TV block keeps repeating the same shows over and over, ColoursTV could still pick up anime viewers if only they would tell website visitors the episode numbers or episode titles being shown, and supply that information to the on-screen program guides.

Yes, add me to those who regularly consult this column for what's coming up each week. It's a very useful feature. (^_*)

Your most likely right. *sigh*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2