• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds No Game, No Life

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Good pickup Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Yes finally it will get a western release. This is one of the best of the spring season so far. I just hope it will get a dub treatment as well.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as this show is quite popular it might have a chance on getting dubbed... or at least, I hope so. If not, I might skip on buying it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Sentai is on the ball with these game pickups. If both this and Log Horizon get dubbed I'll be one happy camper.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Another one I probably won't buy... Sentai :/
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Excellent choice, Sentai. Nothing but praise from me for this show. 110% entertaining.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Nice im really liking this one
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I would be happier if it was the LN that was licensed.... oh well, good news anyway
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
ultra moe art, "wincest", getting sucked into video games, NEETs...sounds like a "paint by numbers" anime for luring in the otaku.

Is it more than that? The million dollar question.

Probably a title that I won't be able to watch without a dub. From what I've heard, the Japanese vocal stereotypes for moeblobs are in full force on this one. It's gotten so bad that, just from hearing the audio, we can tell what the character with which the voice is associated looks like down to the hair and eye color. Sad

Japanese dubbing has given us the ability that our predecessors in the 1960s needed LSD to obtain: hearing color.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
ultra moe art, "wincest", getting sucked into video games, NEETs...sounds like a "paint by numbers" anime for luring in the otaku.

Is it more than that? The million dollar question.

Probably a title that I won't be able to watch without a dub. From what I've heard, the Japanese vocal stereotypes for moeblobs are in full force on this one. It's gotten so bad that, just from hearing the audio, we can tell what the character with which the voice is associated looks like down to the hair and eye color. Sad

Japanese dubbing has given us the ability that our predecessors in the 1960s needed LSD to obtain: hearing color.

ok time for no game no life 101
They are stepsiblings, spoiler[ whos parents have all died]and they make it very clear that shiro is a genius who has no idea what love is because reasons. The show is actually not that moe and the only person who you might be able to argue is a moeblob is actually shiro and that is because she is 11so it actually works, since at that age girls are like that.
you realize the lead actor for the show also was kirito from sao and sorata from sakurasou right. all three charcters don't really have any overlapping charcteristics that you can consider resonably significant in my oppinon.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:

The first episode is strikingly similar to "Problem Children are coming from another world" as you have cock-sure protagonists who should be from a "normal" setting but are hyper competent in a fantasy world. Which dovetails into episode two spoiler[Where you discover that, altho incredibly proficient at games and a powerful duo, they they are FRIGHTENINGLY codependent and suffer from CRIPPLING neuroses]. I'm really curious to see where the show is headed.
jree78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:
I would be happier if it was the LN that was licensed.... oh well, good news anyway

It was licensed Seven Seas licenced it, its on Amazon for preorder. Oh wait on second thought, it maybe the manga.
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
jree78 wrote:
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:

It was licensed Seven Seas licenced it, its on Amazon for preorder. Oh wait on second thought, it maybe the manga.

To clarify, we've only licensed the manga adaptation and not the light-novel series itself.
Lusbox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:13 am Reply with quote
Wasn't sure about this series from the first 2 episodes, but the last one brought me around. Really looking forward to next weeks.

Also they make it clear there's no 'wincest' going on with an 11 year old girl..
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Also they make it clear there's no 'wincest' going on with an 11 year old girl..

I like the show and am enjoying it so far, but that's FAR from "clear". The whole relationship is (intentionally, IMO) kind of vague. And even if you want to point out that the brother exclaims that he wouldn't do that, Oreimo (just to grab the easiest example) STARTED that way and eventually went another way. I'm not saying it's obviously a "wincest" show, I'm just saying it isn't "clearly not" either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2