• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kotono Mitsuishi Leads New Sailor Moon Crystal Anime Cast

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
Morning Blue wrote:
Togame wrote:
2 episodes a month...

THIS angered me more than any voice cast-related thing that happened tonight. Even after a year of delays, they're only airing the show twice a month.

Weak.

Oh yes. How dare Toei give the crew twice the time to make the episodes look as good as possible? If only they had a smaller time table to rush them. Oh, the humanity.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Oh yes. How dare Toei give the crew twice the time to make the episodes look as good as possible? If only they had a smaller time table to rush them. Oh, the humanity.

I think they're doing it to be cheap more than to make a high quality show, to be honest. Even SHAFT works on a weekly basis.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:11 am Reply with quote
As I expected, they grabbed a bunch of Pretty Cure alumini. Not bad at all. Some stellar choices there.

Crystal wrote:
Oh hey look, ALL of the supporting actors were born in the 80s. Why is being young a requirement for being a voice actor in Japan? So annoying . . .

That's kind of an odd complaint since the actors in the original series were in their 20s back when that started airing. Sailor Moon was one of Mitsuishi's first roles.

And calling these actresses inexperienced is just flat out WRONG, sorry.

Morning Blue wrote:
THIS angered me more than any voice cast-related thing that happened tonight. Even after a year of delays, they're only airing the show twice a month.

We're lucky to get it at all given Toei could have just said screw it and stuck with Pretty Cure which has pretty much consumed Sailor Moon and is way more popular at this state. They didn't really need another magical girl series so it's kind of surprising they're bothering with this at all. Though I'm glad since it led to figuarts and some great modern merchandise for the series, though. I wish more 80s and 90s shows got modern merchandise.

Last edited by Mister Ryan Andrews on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

I think they're doing it to be cheap more than to make a high quality show, to be honest. Even SHAFT works on a weekly basis.

The rate of production, and expenses for a twelve-episode anime aren't really comparable with that of a fifty-episode title. Confused
Togame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:13 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

The rate of production, and expenses for a twelve-episode anime aren't really comparable with that of a fifty-episode title. Confused

Nobody said it's a fifty-episode title.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Togame wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Nobody said it's a fifty-episode title.

That's the average length for a Toei series.
walw6pK4Alo

zeo1fan wrote:

They're working on a 20 episode anime right now. And even if it were 50 episodes for this new SM, so what? Other companies can do that just fine when they're required. Stop giving Toei, the megahouse of anime production with likely one of the largest staffs, so much slack.
NJ_

ChibiGoku wrote:
In regards to Luna and Artemis, I suspect they might keep them (though Keiko Han will probably be replaced as Beryl). However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a sort of "passing of the torch" thing with Luna and have her daughter voice her. Still, I guess we won't know for certain until the production team announces additional cast members.

If they do keep them then who would voice Artemis?

For those unaware, Artemis was recast in the live-action series with Kappei Yamaguchi voicing him there.
Togame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:

That's the average length for a Toei series.

There's no average length for a Toei series. SSO ran for two years, Kyosogiga was one-cour, this production is utterly unusual so all bets are entirely off.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:18 am Reply with quote
The character designs make it look like it's going to be a crappy low budget anime, maybe even Flash. I'm super disappointed. Sad
Mee Deggi The Punisher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
Not a big fan of the character designs.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:20 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

They're working on a 20 episode anime right now. And even if it were 50 episodes for this new SM, so what? Other companies can do that just fine when they're required. Stop giving Toei, the megahouse of anime production with likely one of the largest staffs, so much slack.

Why shouldn't I give them slack?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Morning Blue wrote:
Togame wrote:
2 episodes a month...

Weak.

Surely you're not saying that's acceptable. I mean if it was an OVA/ONA i could understand... but a television series? That's crazy. That said, I'll still check it out since it looks good.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Why shouldn't I give them slack?

Because they're enormous and they clean up very well with dozens of franchises and marketing ventures? They have money. This looks cheap.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
Not really liking the eyes since it has that certain look from current trends and some other nitpicks here and there, but other that those, they are alright.

Am concerned about the bi-weekly thing. Are Toei going to give it a decent push or go low, since it'll only be shown on the web?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 14