• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kotono Mitsuishi Leads New Sailor Moon Crystal Anime Cast

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
Well this is disappointing.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Why shouldn't I give them slack?

Because they're enormous and they clean up very well with dozens of franchises and marketing ventures? They have money. This looks cheap.

How does it 'look' cheap, when we haven't even been shown any animation, yet?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Because they're enormous and they clean up very well with dozens of franchises and marketing ventures? They have money. This looks cheap.

How would you know that without seeing it in motion? Did they show something I missed?
elior1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

meybe it will be like those shows where the characters art looks cheap but in the episodes itself and in motion it will look much better
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
For all the delays and hype on this project over the last 2+ years, anything less than a full Brotherhood-style remake with good animation is inexcusable.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:32 am Reply with quote
After seeing more of the designs, I'm starting to like the eyes much better. Cross between new and old for me. Looking more like the manga, they look much more older/mature than they use to. I just need to see it in motion now.
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
Kanemoto's actual voice is not as high-pitched as most of her roles, so I'm not worried about her. Everyone else seems great. Ami Koshimizu as Makoto is the highlight for me.

I'm more worried about the script and the pace of the individual episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
Characters on official site:

[/img]
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:00 am Reply with quote
HOLD IT!!! What happened to reuniting the original cast? Did I misunderstand? Wasn't that a big deal a few months back?

The new designs are also... uhm.... weak...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 2 EPISODES PER MONTH?!
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
About the character designs: these actually look closer to the manga than the first anime did, which makes sense considering how they're going to re-adapt the manga and not the anime.

I think they look fine. You're used to seeing the old designs, so the new ones look a bit strange before you've gotten used to them.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Last edited by CeaseActivity on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
siithera

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:56 am Reply with quote
I know people are disappointed about not getting the old cast back together. But have you thought about what if the actors themselves did not want to reprise the roles in the end? most of them would be in middle age and may not want to reprise it personally?

I like the new design because it's more closer to the original design by the naoko then the 90's anime style which would seem very out dated for today's audience.

Also much as I am still a fan at heart, I am glad they are not filling it up with useless filler episodes. I would love it if they followed the original manga story as it is. Plus they use digital system to animate now, unlike back in 90's where it had to be hand drawn. Is it really bad that they only release twice a month? I am just glad that they even bothered to boot it up since they have more lucrative ventures they can direct their resources at.

I agree with who ever said that TOEI could have just released merchandise and not bother with re animating the series.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:23 am Reply with quote
Morning Blue wrote:
I was disappointed they didn't reveal who Luna and Artemis will be voiced by, though. Or Mamoru. Or Queen Beryl. Or the generals.

I'm actually kind of curious if they'll try bringing back Tohru Furuya to reprise his role as Mamoru. For that matter, I'm also curious as to why they replaced Aya Hisakawa with Hisako Kanemoto...
Araki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:26 am Reply with quote
Togame wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

That's the average length for a Toei series.

There's no average length for a Toei series. SSO ran for two years, Kyosogiga was one-cour, this production is utterly unusual so all bets are entirely off.

Kyousougiga was an experimental late night show (like their Hakaba Kitaro, Mononoke and others). The usual length for Toei's regular shows is really about 50 episodes, at least.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote
Legs look off, even for anime.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote
Hey, at least Toei's putting more effort into this than in Dragon Ball Kai.

And Mitsuishi returning can only be a good thing, right?

It's pretty neat having the voice of Ryuko Matoi as Sailor Jupiter. If I recall, she's one of the more rough-and-tumble of the Senshi, so having a badass voice like that will probably work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14