• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Licenses Cardcaptor Sakura TV Anime

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Holy snap. Now this brings back nostalgia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Holy fricken cow YES!

I'm going to preorder this as soon as it's up (or if it's already up, as soon as I finish playing L4D2 today).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes! At last Smile
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
They're asking too damned much for that show. It was never that popular here. But at least the "budget" sets will make people happy.
mrakai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm really curious about the Dub.

The previous US release was sub only because the hacked up dub could never match the uncut video.

Since they made sure to emphasize the dub with be mono, it makes me wonder if there's another english (Asiana or European) dub out there or if the audio stubs are only available Mono...
_Emi_

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, holy shit. I thought this day would never come. I'm pre-ordering immediately. Shame we couldn't get a new dub.
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, I just made the most embarrassing combination of a squee and a scream and I don't care because OMG CARDCAPTOR SAKURA WANT NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Although this means I'll have to start selling my singles. I had all but Volume 16. Still, I will be able to get CCS on Blu-Ray and that is so freaking worth it.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh snap!

Im curious to check that out, but thats one pricey bluray. This will require some contemplating whether I get it or not.

I hope they put episodes subbed on Hulu or Crunchyroll, so I can do some previewing before I decide buying is worth it or not (I'd hate to resort to fansubs to figure that out)
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so its the original Japanese audio and video, with some sort of Special English dub bonus feature? Sounds pretty cool. I'll probably pick it up.
Lann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Please for the love of god tell me they are using the Animax dub. That would make my year!

EDIT- It seems some people do not know about the uncut English Animax dub. Its real. Its very very real. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPTf2eSHNGw

Last edited by Lann on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'd love it if the series could get a brand new dub using the cast of the 2nd movie, but the Japanese track is fine.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I feel this is obligatory

malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME!

I figured that Discotek would get it, since they recently got the first film, but whatever.

I do have some questions though, like which dub are they using? Nelvana's hack dub? Or an uncut one?
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe I'm saying this because the epitome of a cheapskate, but I will be getting the premium edition release of this. CCS was my childhood and it was the anime that got me into watching anime full time. It's the also the only anime I've ever collected a boat load of stuff from. I've got most of the art books, the manga, I've even got a sakura doll still in it's original packaging along with hardee's toys (also unopened). I will be saving up for this one, and I can't wait for the release!
malvarez1 wrote:

I do have some questions though, like which dub are they using? Nelvana's hack dub? Or an uncut one?

I think the animax dub is the only one that makes sense to use seeing as that's the only uncut dub in existence. The Nelvana dub would never match up and the only way to release that one would be to make a separate release, and who in this day and age would pay for an edited series? Neither are great choices imo. The Nelvana dub is notorious for being a hack job, and the animax dub...well, it's animax the quality over there is hit miss and imo CCS wasn't one of their hits.

Last edited by kakoishii on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy:
Quote:
Im curious to check that out, but thats one pricey bluray.

It's probably worse in Japan. If it makes you feel better, though, it's cheaper than buying all the Geneon singles on DVD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14