• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Anime Confirmed for 26 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:39 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It's still Toei. Bi-weekly doesn't mean they're taking more time, it just means they have other crap they do care for to churn out.

There, fixed it for you Wink
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:06 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

though one thing is for sure. if it ever gets licensed in the US, at least it won't get a massive hack job like in the 90's where it unfortunately got strangle hold by DIC.
That remains to be seen, especially if it gets broadcast, like proper broadcast not streaming. Wink
Yuukiwr

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
maybe the episoded will be ova style.
So one episode is like an hours or so and cause of this they show it only every two week.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote
Yuukiwr wrote:
maybe the episoded will be ova style.
So one episode is like an hours or so and cause of this they show it only every two week.

It was already confirmed that they're 30 minutes each.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
Now does that mean a full half an hour of animation, or just "fits within a half hour but is actually 23 minutes, including OP and ED?"
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:03 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

though one thing is for sure. if it ever gets licensed in the US, at least it won't get a massive hack job like in the 90's where it unfortunately got strangle hold by DIC.
That remains to be seen, especially if it gets broadcast, like proper broadcast not streaming. Wink

Unfortunately that wont happen. its not the 90's anymore so the odds of this series returning to toonami are ZERO!

like it or not , the series will definitely get a streaming broadcast whether it will be from Neon Alley or from Funi ( though my money says that funi will get the full license )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
I gotta question, does anyone know where I can find some good discussion on the production surrounding this and fan reactions? I've been hearing mixed feelings surrounding this reboot and I'm kinda want get some more insight on it.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Now does that mean a full half an hour of animation, or just "fits within a half hour but is actually 23 minutes, including OP and ED?"

I would not be surprised if they put a good 6 minutes chunk of commercials at the middle of the webstream, so they would not be lying when they say the stream will be 30 minutes long, but only 24 will be used for the actual episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4