• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Won't Add Same-Sex Relationships to Tomodachi Life

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
Um, okay... ?
Samo2222

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
If Nintendo doesn't want to include those features in THEIR OWN GAME they shouldn't be forced to.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
Aren't they making social commentary by announcing that they're NOT including them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Beized

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
Their at least commenting on themselves. At best it reads 'We don't care', and at worst 'We are covering for how we really feel with PR BS'. It would have been easier to swallow 'It would be too difficult/expensive to make this change in this already developed game'.

Samo8412 wrote:
If Nintendo doesn't want to include those features in THEIR OWN GAME they shouldn't be forced to.

No one is forcing them.
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Aren't they making social commentary by announcing that they're NOT including them?

You're free to interpret it as such.
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
good to know Twisted Evil
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
I can't really fault Nintendo, if the game was never intended to have homosexual relationships it shouldn't have to.

Would it be a great thing to see? Absolutely, but Nintendo shouldn't feel pressured to include it.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
Well that's one game I won't be getting not to prove a point or anything they've just made it clear they don't want my money. Rolling Eyes I'm honestly really disappointed in Nintendo right now.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Samo8412 wrote:

I agree -- if Nintendo wants to piss off fans, they should be totally free to do so. And those fans should be free to not buy the product, and to tell people why they're not buying the product, and encourage others not to buy the product until Nintendo stops acting like recognizing the existence of gay people is a political statement. That's how freedom works.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Samo8412 wrote:

I agree -- if Nintendo wants to piss off fans, they should be totally free to do so. And those fans should be free to not buy the product, and to tell people why they're not buying the product, and encourage others not to buy the product until Nintendo stops acting like recognizing the existence of gay people is a political statement. That's how freedom works.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

...that was intended as a joke, right?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
Nintendo of America can't really change the game anyway. They'll have to take it up with Nintendo of Japan. I'm not really surprised of this since from what I understand, Japan isn't as open with homosexuality.

I'm sure future entries in the series will probably include it, but for now it's too late in the process to add something like that.
Kuro-Law

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:07 am Reply with quote
I cant believe this is an article.
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Nintendo of America can't really change the game anyway. They'll have to take it up with Nintendo of Japan. I'm not really surprised of this since from what I understand, Japan isn't as open with homosexuality.

I'm sure future entries in the series will probably include it, but for now it's too late in the process to add something like that.

It wasn't in the Japanese version. There was a glitch that allowed you dress another character as the opposite gender but gay marriage never existed in the game.
matsushima

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
Oh my, you want them to only add homosexuality into the game. Why stop there. What about people who are bisexual? What about people who asexual? What about the people who are only into anime characters? Why discriminate in discrimination?
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
matsushima wrote:
Oh my, you want them to only add homosexuality into the game. Why stop there. What about people who are bisexual? What about people who asexual? What about the people who are only into anime characters? Why discriminate in discrimination?

AUGH, THINK OF THE CHILDREN! THE GAYS WILL MARRY ALL YOUR HORSES IF WE DON'T PROTECT STRAIGHT MARRIAGE.

Also, isn't asexuality kind of a default option?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6