Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Confirms Final Fantasy III PC Release




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sunny milk



Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 695
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Maybe breaking up with the Sony (or more like Sony dumping Square) is actually a good thing for us after all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoppy800



Joined: 09 Aug 2013
Posts: 2673
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Not good for SE though, as it just will encourage them to make more mobile trash and disappointing their fans. The only thing SE that is good now is Bravely Default and most likely Bravely Second.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jave



Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 198
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
SE can't win with ya guys can they? Laughing Make new games, ya don't want em. Make remakes and ports, ya say they have no ideas left. Make up your minds already
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinkTSwordmaster



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 222
Location: PA / USA
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I have mixed feelings about this. I'd think that anyone who has had any desire to play FF3 by now probably already has. As big of a PS1-era Final Fantasy nut as I am, FF3 on the DS was putting me to sleep.

Ultimately, more Final Fantasy - especially on Steam - should generally be good for everyone, but I'm just a bit worried that they are using FF3 to test the waters & see how well more FF games would sell on PC, and just constantly adding remakes that have existed like ~forever~ at this point.....it might work against fans looking to see Final Fantasy X Remaster on Steam any time soon.

FF5 and 6 are the only ones I dont have a really amazing HD version of, so I'd hope we see them in the near-future.....lord knows FF4 & Afteryears will be headed for Steam next.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX



Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 1897
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
They continue to go every direction but forward.

"Will you continue?, No.... but here is part three on PC."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2486
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy III DS is bad anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nhat



Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 916
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Not good for SE though, as it just will encourage them to make more mobile trash and disappointing their fans. The only thing SE that is good now is Bravely Default and most likely Bravely Second.


How is FFIII mobile trash? Wtf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
razisgosu



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 650
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this. I'd think that anyone who has had any desire to play FF3 by now probably already has. As big of a PS1-era Final Fantasy nut as I am, FF3 on the DS was putting me to sleep.

Ultimately, more Final Fantasy - especially on Steam - should generally be good for everyone, but I'm just a bit worried that they are using FF3 to test the waters & see how well more FF games would sell on PC, and just constantly adding remakes that have existed like ~forever~ at this point.....it might work against fans looking to see Final Fantasy X Remaster on Steam any time soon.

FF5 and 6 are the only ones I don't have a really amazing HD version of, so I'd hope we see them in the near-future.....lord knows FF4 & Afteryears will be headed for Steam next.


I'd be okay with them releasing the after years on steam. I have only played he base storyline and have been looking to play the after years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1803
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Jave wrote:
SE can't win with ya guys can they? Laughing Make new games, ya don't want em. Make remakes and ports, ya say they have no ideas left. Make up your minds already
This post dosen't make a lot of sense when the previous posts are saying that new things like Bravely Default are whats good. The post above that one is even praising the fact that they are releasing ports on other accessible platforms.

The only negative thing said about SE is thier focus on mobile stuff and not new games or ports on other platforms.

So your post kind of dosen't make sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
KabaKabaFruit



Joined: 20 Sep 2007
Posts: 1597
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Final Fantasy III DS is bad anyways.

The story wasn't great but look at it this way: It was either the game got a 3DS remake or be doomed to be the only "lost" Final Fantasy title out there. Without it, fans of the series would've had to contend with playing the Famicom version on an emulator.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2486
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Primus wrote:
Final Fantasy III DS is bad anyways.

The story wasn't great but look at it this way: It was either the game got a 3DS remake or be doomed to be the only "lost" Final Fantasy title out there. Without it, fans of the series would've had to contend with playing the Famicom version on an emulator.


I'd much prefer a 2D remake/port (akin to FF+II+IV's releases on PSP) over what we got. The capabilities of the Nintendo DS were quite lacking, even when the game came out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1803
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
I think FFIII looks pretty solid on PSP. It's no graphical marvel, but the visuals are enough to replicate a nes jrpg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group