• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Teased in Sneak Peek Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Hooooly shrimp those clips look fantastic!!! Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
Zemnort

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
My word, they look amazing, impressive frame rate for the game too!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that's great guys, but that's for cut scenes or opening animation. I want to see footage of gameplay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
How much and what will burn if there aren't actually any trumpets in this?

Haven't played HGSS, but perusing the newly mixed soundtrack awhile back left me cold. Hell, the piece that was used for Violet City ended up being used in the Sevii Islands in FRLG and that was better than HGSS's attempt.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Yeah, that's great guys, but that's for cut scenes or opening animation. I want to see footage of gameplay.

It's only been a year since x/y I really don't think the game-play has drastically changed that much. Now if they still have contest, secret hideouts and poke-blocks in the mix I'll be happy. Hell show me footage of that if you can Nintendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Nintendo, this isn't necessary, you already know I'm going to give you my money without a fight. As will many others.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
HOLY SHRIMP! My wallet is ready!
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

It's only been a year since x/y I really don't think the game-play has drastically changed that much. Now if they still have contest, secret hideouts and poke-blocks in the mix I'll be happy. Hell show me footage of that if you can Nintendo.

7 months to be exact.

What we wanted to see if the gameplay (battles or outside world) are the same as those of X/Y's or those of Black/White's. I would prefer X/Y's over Black/White's.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

7 months to be exact.

What we wanted to see if the gameplay (battles or outside world) are the same as those of X/Y's or those of Black/White's. I would prefer X/Y's over Black/White's.

While I'm not saying it's impossible, I don't think we have any reason for them to worry about reverting back to the graphics of Black/White for battles.

They made all of those 3D Pokemon models. Do you really think they're going to throw them out in the very same generation they made them?
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I haven't played a single game from the 3rd gen so this should be interesting for me...
kirac91

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
this so freaking amazing im stoked hoping they include like pal park feature for gha games and pokeblocks hands down. perhaps a mega evolution reference lol
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I haven't played a single game from the 3rd gen so this should be interesting for me...

You really should pick up black or white 2 and x or y. I haven't played any since diamond/pearl and they are pretty damn great games, black/white 2 being the hardest in the entire franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

You really should pick up black or white 2 and x or y. I haven't played any since diamond/pearl and they are pretty damn great games, black/white 2 being the hardest in the entire franchise.

Oh I do own a copy of X, but I never got B2 or W2... only reason being funds and stuff... I was saying I never played anything of the hoenen region.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
It's funny how people who have never watched GetTV before crowded to streams for the "game video" online, and then walked away, raging that we only got mini pieces of the opening videos of the games.

Those of us who watch Get TV (and the previous versions of the show, Sunday and Smash) kinda expected it to be pretty minor, even if we were excited to see what it would be. Anime hyper

Welcome to Japanese television, people! =D
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
At least the R/S legendaries will be legit when you move them to X and Y.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2