• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Captain Earth (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
It stated later in the episode that spoiler[ the Commander kinda figured that it would fail, regardless of who he sent. That's why he just had Teppei go directly instead of missing the opportunity which was the entire point of it in the first place.]

Quote:
spoiler[But as soon as the guy gave himself up they immediately went to Akari mom and told her and suffered no repercussion whatsoever, why keep it secret then?]

spoiler[They didn't really have any choice at that point since the command center started to realize that something was going on like the fact that a space shuttle left prematurely and destroyed some equipment. They told her mom after the fact. It wouldn't have worked if they said, "Hey, we're here to see Teppei's dad. You mind letting us do that?" as soon as they got there.]

It's really pathetic when the commanding officer has so little faith in his own team that spoiler[he know there going to fail a mission before even sending them. It still is incredibly stupid, it could have resulted in Teppei been captured which would have been far worse situation, or you know him and Akari being killed, Teppei almost died. The correct things to do in that case would have been sending just actual trained soldier with maybe a video camera or something.]

spoiler[After they blew up a wall to escape but before the target gave himself up they really had no reason not to call in Akari mom, worse things that could have happen would have been that she decided to keep the target on the station, but at that point the mission was already done apparently.]
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
phia_one wrote:
It stated later in the episode that spoiler[ the Commander kinda figured that it would fail, regardless of who he sent. That's why he just had Teppei go directly instead of missing the opportunity which was the entire point of it in the first place.]

Quote:
spoiler[But as soon as the guy gave himself up they immediately went to Akari mom and told her and suffered no repercussion whatsoever, why keep it secret then?]

spoiler[They didn't really have any choice at that point since the command center started to realize that something was going on like the fact that a space shuttle left prematurely and destroyed some equipment. They told her mom after the fact. It wouldn't have worked if they said, "Hey, we're here to see Teppei's dad. You mind letting us do that?" as soon as they got there.]

It's really pathetic when the commanding officer has so little faith in his own team that spoiler[he know there going to fail a mission before even sending them. It still is incredibly stupid, it could have resulted in Teppei been captured which would have been far worse situation, or you know him and Akari being killed, Teppei almost died. The correct things to do in that case would have been sending just actual trained soldier with maybe a video camera or something.]

Both Teppei and Akari had to go regardless and the Commander understood this. Teppei for his combat skills plus the reason I already stated and Akari for her hacking skills.

A video camera would be a huge gamble for multiple reasons:
-There wouldn't be enough time to establish a stable connection if it was an instant feed. There are other people after the target, there's no time for that.

-A high possibility of the camera getting damaged/destroyed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

And feels easier to grasp the situation now. Teppei is spoiler[part of a race that are kind of artificial, their bodies could be destroyed but they would exist at a core of some sort]. And they spoiler[consider other races to be inferior and only tools], Hana is spoiler[also artificial, but considered a tool and her only job was to fire a weapon]. Also looks like Salty Dog are spoiler[being manipulated by the very people they are trying to stop], well the boss of it spoiler[has a god complex, and plans to Noah arc the Earth].

I like how there was the pairings here. Overall there was not much action, not counting spoiler[the standoff].
meiam

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
And this is the danger of info dumb episode, everyone has to speak in such an awkward manner. I dunno if it's different in japan, but I've never been in a conversation where people would explain stuff that everyone in the room already knew.

I hope the two kid aren't really the main bad guys, there not really credible I guess, plus they already both got defeated once so it's a bit hard to take them seriously, spoiler[hopefully the guy and his computer will double-double cross them. Also if they just need to be in the vicinity of people to absorb or whatever, how come they can just walk around others?] The ark plan is pretty dumb, not in a "it's an awful plan since most people would die" that's perfectly fine for a back up plan, it's just really dumb cause nothing would protect them anyway and that seems like something at least one person in the plan would have realized.

Would be cool if instead of fighting against them they would use the factspoiler[ that the gun make people immune to the effect], would make for an interesting finale.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
How are we 6 episodes into the series and the main robot has only had about 5 minutes of screen time??? I'm glad the plot is getting clearer, but stuff needs to get exciting. Hopefully next week will be a turning point in the series.

I hate to compare it to Star Driver, but by this point in that show, there were 6 awesomely animated fights. True, this is a different type of show, but it could stand to be more...energetic?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Well I think this episode kind of sets in stone that this is just going to be a fun mecha show and nothing more. The topics they explore are interesting but they never go into any real meaningful detail for me to be mildly effected by it. The whole scene with the glasses guy kidnapping Hana was beyond silly since it appears he was just waiting there on that boat and did not make an attempt to escape with her. Why? It’s as if the stand off was just a setup for Daichi to finally use his boomerang in a practical fashion. It would be nice if we just didn’t see that guy show up ever again because anything involving him is filled to the brim with cheesy evil guy antics.

The more episodes that go on the more i see Daichi as being this cheerful little kid who always gets things to work out in any situation. 1/4 of the series has gone by so I’m wondering if this be will just become standard for him. They even use the “It feels like a game” explanation for why he’s able to pilot the mech so easily which is just beyond stupid imo. What game do you know that has that many complicated controls?………
meiam

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Well I think this episode kind of sets in stone that this is just going to be a fun mecha show and nothing more. The topics they explore are interesting but they never go into any real meaningful detail for me to be mildly effected by it. The whole scene with the glasses guy kidnapping Hana was beyond silly since it appears he was just waiting there on that boat and did not make an attempt to escape with her. Why? It’s as if the stand off was just a setup for Daichi to finally use his boomerang in a practical fashion. It would be nice if we just didn’t see that guy show up ever again because anything involving him is filled to the brim with cheesy evil guy antics.

The more episodes that go on the more i see Daichi as being this cheerful little kid who always gets things to work out in any situation. 1/4 of the series has gone by so I’m wondering if this be will just become standard for him. They even use the “It feels like a game” explanation for why he’s able to pilot the mech so easily which is just beyond stupid imo. What game do you know that has that many complicated controls?………

Yeah I'm not complaining about the glass guy taking her hostage yet staying behind because this gives me hope that it means he's finally out of the show. I like to think that they realized how bad of a character he was after they made the first few episode and so quickly tried to come up with a way to make him disappear.

I'm not quite sure why they decided to use the "it's like video game reason" (well I know, it's to pander to video game fan "you too could pilot a giant robot if you had too cause you play video game") when they've had a perfectly reasonable explanation, he trained for it. There's been next to no fight for awhile now, how hard is it to insert one line "Hey Daichi, remember you might have become very good at this in the simulator but the real thing is different, if you die here, it'll be for real". There you go, it gives a reason for why Daichi is suddenly able to pilot the robot.
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I'd like the show much better if Hana and Daichi were completely cut out and the show focused on Teppei and Akari.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

What does a Captain do? I assume it is fly in space and punch hard enough to light up the galaxy. Probably shouting: Earth Punch!

And you know spoiler[melons are worth destroying your immortality for].

Also the reaction about Pitz saying it was great.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
So, how long till Akari manifests her own Livlaster? I wonder if they're all going to be rotating pilots for the Earth Engine or if they're going to introduce new mecha? Daichi could certainly use the support, he hasn't been doing that well so far.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
So… spoiler[he won the fight by punching the other robot punch and it somehow caused it to explode? Why did he even have to do that? When the robot was wrapped around him he could have easily destroyed it, instead he choose to get away for no reason. I'm thinking those simulation sucked.]

Also at this point I was hoping they'd have it covered by now, but what's there plan for dealing with them anyway? Constantly let them escape so they can come back again at infinity? spoiler[Didn't Pitz tell them where they were so couldn't they quarantine the area, they even know what they look like (answer: very easy to spot). They act as if there were only two possibility, nuke the place or do nothing. Plus if they know where the enemy disabled spaceship is, why not send a nuke to them, I'm pretty sure nobody around jupiter will mind]

Also what about the invader? Why didn't they just have one distract the robot while the other one just b-line the earth?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I wasn't expecting a spoiler[new enemy this episode. Looks like that telepathic kiss sure did the trick from Moco. But anyways, I wonder what will happen to Akari next episode with that PV. I think the enemy realizes her as a threat now. Akari the script kiddy Laughing]

Oh and I also lost how many times the word "captain" was said in this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Plus if they know where the spoiler[enemy disabled spaceship] is, why not send a nuke to them, I'm pretty sure nobody around spoiler[jupiter] will mind

spoiler[It would take about a year to get there (not counting waiting for optimal alignments), by which time the point would be moot. Also assuming the aliens didn't notice it sneaking up on them.]

So I don't get the engineered children thing. Who created them, humans or the Kiltgang? If the former, why are they Kiltgang; if the latter, why were they on Earth?
meiam

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
meiam wrote:
Plus if they know where the spoiler[enemy disabled spaceship] is, why not send a nuke to them, I'm pretty sure nobody around spoiler[jupiter] will mind

spoiler[It would take about a year to get there (not counting waiting for optimal alignments), by which time the point would be moot. Also assuming the aliens didn't notice it sneaking up on them.]

So I don't get the engineered children thing. Who created them, humans or the Kiltgang? If the former, why are they Kiltgang; if the latter, why were they on Earth?

But they've know it's location for years apparently, hasn't it been like 5-10 year since Daichi dad stop them? So they had lots of sitting around doing nothing, beside it's not like there current plan will ever fix the problem.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

You know who is important because of coloured hair. Kind of annoying that another spoiler[kind looking person is turned into a monster].

Okay Akari is pretty scary, to get spoiler[herself freedom she held humanity as a hostage]. Almost got a befriending right there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10