• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! School Idol Festival Game App Launches in English

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:46 am Reply with quote
Mmmm, tempting. Anyone playing this?
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
The game DOES actually have the "Love Live! School Idol Festival" name on the title screen itself, it's just that they dropped the "Love Live!" name on the App Store (and I guess the Play Store as well).
eragon2890

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
It's really fun! You *can* buy in-game purchase but the first thing play store reviews correctly mention si that you *really* don't need it! you get the whole game for free Very Happy You have cute moe schoolgirls singing with cute voices and fun rhytm action, plus a kawaii visual novel, fully voiced, and backstories for each separate character as well Very Happy All for free~

I haven't watched the animu yet to be honest, but it's really high up on my list of cute/sexy anime to watch in summer vacation, together with senran kagura :3 This game is really fun anyway if you like moe, rythm games, catchy songies, and visual novels! I recommend it <3
Chipp12

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Maximize a member's Bond

James Bond.
andyscout

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Mmmm, tempting. Anyone playing this?

I played the Japanese version quite a bit back when that launched. It's pretty basic rhythm game fare but it's fun.
As the other poster pointed out, it's free with in-app purchases. One of those timed-refill kind of things where you can only play so often without waiting for your points to refill so you can play more. So it's possible to play without paying if you're patient and only want to play in short bursts. There's only a couple songs available at first (more unlock as you play) so it didn't bother me too much that I was playing in short bursts.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
It's actually pretty fun - it's the first rhythm game I've actually played(I tried the Project Diva demo, but could never figure out what the symbol flying by wanted me to do). My main beef with it is that their translation doesn't agree with Crunchyroll's on the names, as if somebody would find this who wasn't looking for it(hell, even looking for it I ended up having to copy the URL).
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Well I would get this I have a device to play it on
eragon2890

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
Short bursts? I just played for 2 hours! You can do about 10 songs before recharging and by then you *will* have gotten 1 or 2 free hearts Anime hyper
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
The game is set up to be played on a smart phone sized device, so if you try to play it on a larger tablet you might end up playing Twister all over your screen.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
My phone's just small enough that I can still thumb things, but I'd imagine getting used to "this finger on this hand hits this position" might not be all that difficult - and might even make the game easier if you can master it.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Just downloaded it for my phone, but I'm not letting myself near it till my assignments are done...
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
I've been playing the original Japanese version for almost a year and got my rank level up to 188....even so, I will play this to get more out of the stories. I will have to resist buying gems (stones, hearts, whatever) to draw for SR/UR cards.

Wait til the events too, you can get free SR cards if you play enough!
DLH112

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
is there any way to know how many people have been playing this? I've kinda just been enjoying it, and haven't put any money into getting the heart stone things. I randomly looked at the ranking and was surprised to find i'm ranked 8th . I scrolled down to see how many there were but got to 200 before realizing 'probably a lot' .
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
DLH112 wrote:
is there any way to know how many people have been playing this? I've kinda just been enjoying it, and haven't put any money into getting the heart stone things. I randomly looked at the ranking and was surprised to find i'm ranked 8th . I scrolled down to see how many there were but got to 200 before realizing 'probably a lot' .

I'm in the 1300th, right now.
I just checked, there's more than 1700.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1