• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: KISS Singer Gene Simmons Reacts to Love Live's KISS Parody

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Start your own idol group, Gene. Just do it. Babymetal2. I'm waiting for it.
Soul Tsukino

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
I can't tell if the girl on the far right has a discolored Space Ace face paint, Eric Carr's Fox, or Paul Stanley's REALLY obscure Bandit look.
Jinbei

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
It's true, that Boku no Pico HAS aged and the joke has become too obvious and the series too well known even for those who have just started their long roam on the road of an Otaku. But there should still be another good series to recommend....for the sake of lol's and trolls.

Any ideas? I'd say any ridiculous and somewhat awful fanservice-soaked and brainless show... Eiken? Bible Black with english dub? Or something newer? I admit that I loathe many newer series that only shine on the boob-department rather than the good script and characters.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Jinbei wrote:
It's true, that Boku no Pico HAS aged and the joke has become too obvious and the series too well known even for those who have just started their long roam on the road of an Otaku. But there should still be another good series to recommend....for the sake of lol's and trolls.

Any ideas?

Nnnnnnn-noop!
It's been around for twenty years, fellow geezer (or unaware newbie), it can't be done.
Even the very act of doing so makes everyone around you feel either old or superior to you.

What is this, anyway, cadet hazing?--We're already a decade past the idea that anyone would be unfamiliar with anime, now it's just a question of exposure.
Let's face it, it's just not "our" thing anymore to troll newbies about, so let's just all have a drink and cry into our beers about years gone by. Sad
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:42 am Reply with quote
Jinbei wrote:

Any ideas? I'd say any ridiculous and somewhat awful fanservice-soaked and brainless show... Eiken? Bible Black with english dub? Or something newer? I admit that I loathe many newer series that only shine on the boob-department rather than the good script and characters.

How about Aku no Hana or Togainu no Chi?
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
At least it's not his son making a "homage" to Love Live?
Tiggyz

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
This is amazing. Now I really need to watch this anime
Lusbox

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Kiss x Hello Kitty toilet paper. Genius.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:14 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
CNN just recently did a half-hour piece on KISS. Yeah, while his other KISS partner leans more on the artistry, Gene is all about business. Part of his mansion is dedicated to all kinds of KISS merchandise. He estimates the KISS brand worth to be somewhere between $1-5 billion. Behind all that mask, he's a pretty smart businessman.

I haven't seen the episode, but when I first saw that screenshot I was wondering if someone was going to get a phone call from Gene Simmons lawyer.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Sparvid wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

CNN just recently did a half-hour piece on KISS. Yeah, while his other KISS partner leans more on the artistry, Gene is all about business. Part of his mansion is dedicated to all kinds of KISS merchandise. He estimates the KISS brand worth to be somewhere between $1-5 billion. Behind all that mask, he's a pretty smart businessman.

I haven't seen the episode, but when I first saw that screenshot I was wondering if someone was going to get a phone call from Gene Simmons lawyer.

Here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3-indzP84
KISS on CNN Spotlight
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2