• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Seven Deadly Sins GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad mac

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Seven Deadly Sins is a very solid shonen manga. It has good pacing, action, and a lot of great characters. The art and setting is rather striking and stands out from more generic fantasy settings. It also pretty much skips over the "rookie" stage entirely, as the power level starts crazy high and builds from there.

Unfortunately Elizabeth is still a serious weak point in characterization, with arguably Melodias after her. Basically all of the other Sins are more interesting and likeable then the two leads, which is perhaps not terribly unusual but it drags the series down a little.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed what I've read so far (I'm like at volume 6 or 7). It's been a while since I enjoyed reading a manga this much.
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
DBZ was better. When I was reading it before I got bored I felt like this wanted to be DBZ but just could never be as good.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Up to date on all the chapters myself, I've been enjoying the read lots of interesting characters in the series to fall in love with.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I don't have any real opinion of it sofar (8 or so chapters in), I wasn't really interested when it first came out and only started reading when I heard that it got really good recently. As for what I've read it has some charm to it but not that much and I can't say I care about our two leads or the pig. I'm willing to give it some more chapters to see some of the other characters but so far while not terrible it doesn't strike me as remarkable.
OH&S

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:16 am Reply with quote
I didn't immediately see why people were saying good things about this Manga. It was only after 15-20 chapters that I realized that I was completely hooked. Really. .. It's the characters that make this manga stand out.
vincent_vincent

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote
The blonde guy look like a parody version Kaede from the Last Blade Games (even his clothes)
OrbitoBrekken

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:22 am Reply with quote
This manga is certainly one I will be watching in the future.
As3ann

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I don't have any real opinion of it sofar (8 or so chapters in), I wasn't really interested when it first came out and only started reading when I heard that it got really good recently. As for what I've read it has some charm to it but not that much and I can't say I care about our two leads or the pig. I'm willing to give it some more chapters to see some of the other characters but so far while not terrible it doesn't strike me as remarkable.

exactly my thought. It shows premise but doesn't really get me hooked.

I'm waiting for Shokugeki no Soma review~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1