• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Announces Blood Lad's English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Another leading role for Bryce. Does this mean it'll be on Toonami? Razz

If Viz and Williams Street are willing to play ball, I don't see why not.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh, hey Bryce. Nice to see you again. Not that I'm complaining. I didn't really like him when I first heard him play Masaomi in Durarara but thanks to Blue Exorcist and SAO he's really grown on me.

This seems eerily similar to the period where JYB got all the lead roles in popular shows years back. Although they're both great VAs so I don't mind. Now if Greg Ayres suddenly got a ton of lead roles that would be a different story.

Blood Lad was one of those shows where I watched the first episode, enjoyed it and then just never went back for some reason so this'll give me a motive to actually sit down and watch it

Also I would very much like it if Viz were to announce the Gargantia dub cast soon

Asrialys wrote:
By that logic, Green Green and Eiken should be on Toonami too. But no one wants that.
gojira89

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
MadMan400096 wrote:
Wait, does this mean Chris Cason's doing work in LA now?

It might not mean that because Funi veteran Mike McFarland did the ADR script for Helling Ultimate episode 2 and did roles in Rumiko Takahashi Anthology and I"S.

Except Chris moved to LA within the last year.
Setis

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:

I'm not positive, but I think he may have been the most recent Funimation regular to move out to LA in search of bigger pastures. But writing also isn't as location-based (Patrick Seitz does a LOT of writing for Funimation of late, and he's in LA), so even if I'm wrong him doing the writing isn't a stretch.
Setis

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Miyanoai wrote:

Let's just hope he doesn't become the Vic Mignogna of Los Angeles. I mean he's good with hot-headed characters, three of the stuff he's starred in ended up on Toonami and I can only pronounce his name right half the time. Lol

Vic Mignogna was ragged on for being that main guy in "everything" for years when he was really only the "main guy" in one thing. Bryce Papenbrook is the "main guy" in a slew of shows, all of which are quite recent. He has become what Vic was often said to be but never was.

Please redirect flak cannons from Vic to Bryce as he's the true target Rolling Eyes

BTW, isn't Vic Mignogna out in LA now? Very Happy

Vic's been out in LA for YEARS.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Miyanoai wrote:

Let's just hope he doesn't become the Vic Mignogna of Los Angeles. I mean he's good with hot-headed characters, three of the stuff he's starred in ended up on Toonami and I can only pronounce his name right half the time. Lol

Vic Mignogna was ragged on for being that main guy in "everything" for years when he was really only the "main guy" in one thing. Bryce Papenbrook is the "main guy" in a slew of shows, all of which are quite recent. He has become what Vic was often said to be but never was.

Please redirect flak cannons from Vic to Bryce as he's the true target Rolling Eyes

BTW, isn't Vic Mignogna out in LA now? Very Happy

Vic stared lead Roles in Full Metal Alchemist Bortherhood and Kekkashi. Both series above 4 cour (64 episode and 50 episodes). Both shows aired at the same time. So he was on for probably a year on toonami in 2 different shows that aired on the same day.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
gojira89 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
MadMan400096 wrote:

It might not mean that because Funi veteran Mike McFarland did the ADR script for Helling Ultimate episode 2 and did roles in Rumiko Takahashi Anthology and I"S.

Except Chris moved to LA within the last year.

And he'll be in Fresno as a guest at the local convention in August Smile
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
hmm looking at list dub cast of blood lad quite hmm to hear on it.

bryce as staz aka vampire otaku
xanthe as fuyumi
buckland as bell
diskin as wolf

also

jyb as braz (yea whole blue exorcist casting gag feel)
vee as 3-eye cat

etc yea give wonder having xanthe & buckland as females leads got wonder is california dub area ready new era of female voice leads?
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote
Bryce Papenbrook gets yet another main anime role. Why am I not surprised?
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:

As hopeful as I am for always more Toonami shows, the note that it's being dubbed for Neon Alley seems to confirm it won't be on Toonami. Titles only go to Neon Alley if they can't get tv play, yeah?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Asrialys wrote:
Another leading role for Bryce. Does this mean it'll be on Toonami? :P

As hopeful as I am for always more Toonami shows, the note that it's being dubbed for Neon Alley seems to confirm it won't be on Toonami. Titles only go to Neon Alley if they can't get tv play, yeah?

Blue Exorcist ran on Neon Alley before getting picked up by Toonami, so there's a precedent for shows crossing over from one network to the other.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Miyanoai wrote:
Tell that to the casting directors. All he does is audition for everything he can and let's face it, if you were pursuing this career, you'd be doing the same thing cause anime voice-acting doesn't pay squat.

This and the fact that the Japanese creators have a say in the casting choices are points I believe people that complaining about Eng. dubs tend to forget.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2