• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 3]: Stardust Crusaders (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
...the show's been good so far, but unfortunately still not up to the standards set by Battle Tendency.

Agreed. The two previous JoJo arcs were must stream TV for me. I eagerly anticipated each new eppie. I'm enjoying this but not with same rawrness. Although, I quite liked this eppie because having spoiler[an animal as a Stand User with an inanimate (sort of) object as its Stand] was different.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
"Can a monkey win against a human?" - Dio Brando, Phantom Blood
spoiler[And now he sents a monkey to fight the humans. What a lewd monkey lol. Another Stand-user has already arrived, how did they know where the gang was going to stay anyway?]

I fight it's weird that they censored Jotaro smoking but not the spoiler[monkey] and the spoiler[underage girl's butt].
hellfire104

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm finding this new season of Jojo to be quite the letdown compared to the prior "Battle Tendency" season.

In this new season all they have been giving us are cheap 1 shot, throwaways. Spinning their wheels. The last few episodes have been especially bad.

spoiler[Everything after Polnareff was defeated have just been terrible.]
Even before that they hadn't done a thing to establish any story since episode 2. The last 5 episodes have been stagnant and boring. Also, the quality and interest level of the action has dipped significantly since battle tendency. I don't know if this is because the "Stands" just isn't aren't as interesting as the "Ripple" but the action in episodes 5-7 have been pretty sub par.

spoiler[We are off the ship now] so I had some hope that they might break out of this stagnant mess that they've been wading through but then they already foreshadowed the next "Stand" that they will encounter. We've got like 10 Tarot arcana to go, so honestly, this could continue for awhile.

And another thing. The characters aren't as good. Polnareff and Kakyouin are pretty lame and certainly don't hold a candle to Zepelli, Speedwagon, Stroheim, and the pillar men themselves are infinitely more interesting and menacing than the spoiler[lame *** sailor dude, random Gorilla and let us not forget the tremendously intimidating old man flying in economy class.]

Can anybody please give some insight about how much longer they're going to continue the "stand of the week" theme?

Is there something great worth waiting for or is this what I can expect from the rest?

I know this is the most popular arc of JOJO in Japan but I'm just not seeing it.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Great show so far but am I the only one who finds the Star Fingers attack to be random? I thought Stardust's power supposed to be about super power and agility. But somehow he's able to lengthen his fingers out of his other body parts. Other than that I'm loving the manliness in this show which unfortunately is so rare in today's anime.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
hellfire104 wrote:
Can anybody please give some insight about how much longer they're going to continue the "stand of the week" theme?
The entire rest of the series from here on out. The first two arcs are special. The stands have become the staples of the jojo series.

hellfire104 wrote:
I know this is the most popular arc of JOJO in Japan but I'm just not seeing it.
This was the most popular when it was new in the 90's. Wait till you see VanillaICE.

I don't want to stir the pot too hard but that book DIO is reading is the QURAN, that upset a bunch of people years ago. Doubt david production will show it at all.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
I don't want to stir the pot too hard but that book DIO is reading is the QURAN, that upset a bunch of people years ago. Doubt david production will show it at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the story this way: the book wasn't identifiable in the manga, but when animating the scene, the producers of the OVAs basically googled a random page of Arabic text and copied it into the book for that scene. The text turned out to be from the Koran, which upset somebody in the Middle East.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Great episode again and looks like some action going down at the hotel where spoiler[Polnareff is staying. The fight was well coordinated imo with the Ebony Devil Stand against his Silver Chariot. I think they will remove the censors from the BD's though.]

Anyways, the biggest shock should not be the spoiler[Stand Users but the ending there. A betrayal is imminent?!]

On another note, spoiler[RIP room service dude.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
That French guy is spoiler[terrible with kids] ^^"
It was kinda weird seeing them in spoiler[a hotel] after all that.
Guess they can't get a break even there.
The spoiler[Soul Sacrifice] stand was creepy as hell.
It was also scary and very dangerous.
The ending gave some interesting info.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Dayum ... that l'il feller was mondo creepy. Even in anime, you don't spoiler[hear a character threaten to bite another dude's balls off] very often.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
It's kind of weird to be watching a shonen show where the heroes have absolutely no qualms about brutally killing their opponents. Polnaref's a fun, goofy guy, yet even he spoiler[didn't just beat his opponent, he made a point of (almost) completely destroying the guy.]
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the story this way: the book wasn't identifiable in the manga, but when animating the scene, the producers of the OVAs basically googled a random page of Arabic text and copied it into the book for that scene. The text turned out to be from the Koran, which upset somebody in the Middle East.
I didn't really pay attention when it was going down. The issue was too insignificant to detract me to pull me away from the manga. But you sound about right.

They just keep pulling out the stops with Ep 8. love it.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Kakyoin went a bit too far with the thief.
Is he finally sick of pretending to be good?
He was acting pretty weird.
Can't figure out if he's possessed again or what?
Damn, did see that plot development coming.
The new guy was dangerous with an interesting power.
Funny he turned out to be such a jerk...
Interesting episode!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Ah, pretty intense episode. spoiler["Kakyoin" turns out to not be the real one but instead the Yellow Temperance Stand. I think his voice was portrayed well and that 'ga hahahaha']

The OST was brilliant as usual too and I thought the fight was coordinated pretty well.

spoiler[>Do you understand?]
Ah, classic.

The spoiler[RERORERORERO] is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[India was pretty crowded..
It was also full of culture shocks.
To top it all, a stand just had to appear.
Well, this pit stop is gonna be very interesting.
French guy was pretty determined this time.
Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for that epic fight.
The ending was surprising.
Didn't expect Avdol to meet such a lame end.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Great episode yet again with some intense emotions building up. I think Polnareff needed to chill a bit. I can find it understandable in a way though since the spoiler[Stand User he's hunting down ruined his life with the death of his sister. Shame there was also more collateral damage with Avdol...]

spoiler[Hol Horse also makes his debut and I like this guy already with his Stand. It reminds me of the classic cowboy with a gunslinger, only that his bullet has special tricks to it. Nice.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10