• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akame ga KILL! TV Anime's Supporting Cast, Staff Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
July? Wait so it's going to air this Summer? Excellent!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MangaBlog100

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Eh? I'm not sure if it's this year but I think it'll be next year. Whatever. I'm not counting on the anime to be as awesome as the manga. Oh, and a lot of people will probably compare this to SnK, just you see!
minoru09

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Kamina] aniki!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:33 am Reply with quote
isshukan kaori? hnghhh
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:31 am Reply with quote
Can't wait!

Cool staff. Totally hyped that the original creator is involved keeping an eye on the scenario with Uezu since this is supposed to be quite good and Kazuhisa Nakamura did an awesome job on Jormungand (as did the art director who I see they also have on this show), plus Taku Iwasaki rocks.
Shory

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
Looks like the anime director thought Akame's cup size could be bigger. That aside, I'm mildly excited. I absolutely love the manga, but seeing as how other unknown manga to anime adaptions have been chopped up, I don't want to ruin my expectations.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
A question to manga readers: are the materials enough for a 2-cour anime? Or 1-cour along is sufficient to cover various arcs?

Quote:
Oh, and a lot of people will probably compare this to SnK, just you see

Also, I fail to understand how on earth did someone relate this seemingly well-received work to SnK, like...how? I mean...after reading the synopsis, it doesn't really share any resemblance to SnK/AoT.

Can we just leave that poor thing along? Snk got a lot of undeserved hate due to hyper-aversion (being mainstream and popular is clearly a minus in this particular case, due to over-exposure to a wide range of people ) since that bloody/violent hit is for sure not meant to be loved by everyone (that I totally understand, since everyone has different tastes and preference, and in SnK only, calling something ones don't like as overrated/average should be viewed as a respectable opinion if properly justified).
KimFlo23

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
A question to manga readers: are the materials enough for a 2-cour anime? Or 1-cour along is sufficient to cover various arcs?

Yes the material is sufficient for 2-cour and even more. If it's only a 1-cour i don't think it can cover a suitable way to end the series

Love the manga and hoping the adaptation goes smoothly Very Happy

Now i just need to know when Durarara Se2 and Terra Formars are gonna air.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
This is July as well? Damn this summer is crammed. What could possibly be coming out this fall?
BGMaxie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
Kinda weird they call Tatsumi a "supporting character" when he's pretty much THE protagonist (despite the name). '-'
Shory

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
BGMaxie wrote:
Kinda weird they call Tatsumi a "supporting character" when he's pretty much THE protagonist (despite the name). '-'

Tatsumi has at least twice the screentime that Akame has, despite being the titular character.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
Cast seems fine so far. Really looking forward to who will play Esdese, since she's probably going to be the hardest to cast.

Not crazy about the choice in director though, he doesn't really have a whole lot of experience and I was hoping for someone with a bit of action credentials to their name.
Takeshi13

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
Cast seems fine so far. Really looking forward to who will play Esdese, since she's probably going to be the hardest to cast.
they have someone for esdese if you look under the picture of najenda, you can see esdese and her seriyuu. Idk why ANN doesn't have it up here.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Just read the manga recently, kinda excited for this.

The manga isn't the best shounen evur like I heard it was, but it is definitely enjoyable with minimal issues.
And it's a simple series so the anime adaption should be pretty accurate, unless they derp it on purpose.

My only real issue with the manga is that spoiler[all the badguys are so pointlessly cruel that after a while the hype in the series goes down unless they're facing recurring characters.
I can't feel anything from the actions of the badguys if they all want to rape, pillage, frame, torture, and kill anyone they see..]

BGMaxie wrote:

Yeah, I'm still not quite sure why the series is even called Akame ga Kill when Akame isn't all that involved (for being a title character).
Tatsumi is definitely the MC.
Takeshi13 wrote:
If you look under the picture of najenda, you can see esdese and her seriyuu.

Lol, I think you're mixing Seiyuu with Seryuu, or did you do that on purpose? Lol.
Marzan

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm I the only one worried with the fact that the scripwriter for Qwaser of Stigmata is doing the script for this? I hope he doesn't mess around with the story too much (like for example boosting the number of scenes Akame is in because she's got her name on the billboard).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2