• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
@JackCSutcliffe
The last I heard there are NO AOA retailers that are not online. You basically have the choice between AoA's own site and TRSI. TRSI is usually cheaper and has better service.

Anyone else selling AoA titles have bought from one of those locations and added their profit on top of what they paid.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, barring any unavoidable reasons not to shop online (underage, no credit/debit card, isolated/foreign location, etc.), you really should get into it. Prices are almost always better than actual B&M stores, you'll rarely pay tax, and shipping is usually free or pretty inexpensive (of course, this is all dependent on where you live). Legitimate websites such as TRSI are very reliable and safe.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
JackCSutcliffe wrote:
Thanks for the update on the DRRR!! DVDs i bought, had an odd gut feeling when i bought them. I'm aware of the common Madoka bootlegs (I saw one at a vendor that was in a clear BD case, as opposed to the normal blue case, so i stayed away from them).

Kinda sucks that it seems that i don't have any AoA retailers near me, i'm not the person who's very found of online shopping Sad

Surprisingly the third volume in a clear case is legitimate. For some reason Aniplex decided to package a batch of them that way. The ones you want to stay away from are the the volumes packaged in the non-embossed cases. I believe they are Elite brand. Vortex cases are what Aniplex uses a tad flimsy and a mm or so thinner than Amaray cases.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
BD/DVD/CD Combo LE

Blu-ray

DVD

http://www.killlakill.com/blu-ray_dvd/

http://www.killlakill.com/blu-ray_dvd/03.html
Quote:
KILL la KILL Volume 1 Limited Edition (Blu-ray, DVD & Soundtrack CD Combo Set)

Coming: 07/15/14

SRP: $74.98
Store Price: $59.98

Pre-order Start Date: 05/29/14

Disc Spec
  • Spoken Languages: Japanese & English
  • Subtitles: English & Spanish
  • Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
  • Episodes: Episodes 1-4
  • Number of Disc: 3 Discs (Blu-ray, DVD and Soundtrack CD)
  • Total Run Time: Approx. 100 min.
  • Rating: 16 UP

Bonus Contents
  • Textless Openings
  • Web Version Previews

Bonus Materials & Special Package
  • Rearrange & Remix Soundtrack CD by HIROYUKI SAWANO
  • Postcard Set
  • Double-sided Poster

http://www.killlakill.com/blu-ray_dvd/02.html
Quote:
KILL la KILL Volume 1 Blu-ray

SRP: $49.98
Store Price: $39.98

Disc Spec
  • Number of Disc: 1 BD disc

Bonus Contents
  • Textless Openings
  • Web Version Previews

http://www.killlakill.com/blu-ray_dvd/02.html
Quote:
KILL la KILL Volume 1 DVD

SRP: $39.98
Store Price: $29.98

Disc Spec
  • Number of Disc: 1 DVD disc

Bonus Contents
  • Textless Openings
  • Web Version Previews
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
They're expediting these series faster and faster. Barely six months after the Japanese release...I really hope Garden of Sinners: Future Gospel is next on their release schedule.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
Is this the new record for least time taken to hit American shelves? I remember Infinite Stratos arriving pretty fast and with loads of extras. These sets will look fabulous I'm sure the die-hard Kill la Kill fans are juiced.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
It would be nice if the special edition came in chipboard, not holding my breath though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:56 am Reply with quote
4 episodes per set? For a 2-cours show? Blow me, AoA. I really despise your efforts to return to the days of the singles volume release strategy.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
Aniplex seems to have settled on $10/episode as its standard price for Blu-ray releases. That's a good 2-3 times more than I think any anime series is worth. I'll wait for the boxset.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
I don't care for the cover. I wish her head wasn't blocking the title it looks like Kill_Kill, because I kind of like the title. Its a cool title. Kind of like how I like the title "All you need is Kill", not that whatever the crap Hollywood decided to call the upcoming movie.

As far as the actual product at first I was like "hey that's not too bad..." then I remembered that its not 1 but 2-cours and I went crap! Even if I went for the DVDs that's a lot of space to take up on my shelves and I'm long past buying anime for quantity. Plus I have little interest in purchasing DVDs if it can be helped (I bought AoA's GoS because there was no other option and the quality of that LE still pisses me off).

I guess this will just be another AoA property that I will pass on. Its kind of sad how accustomed I've become to it. Oh well, here's hoping that 10 years down the road I will be able to get "The Complete Series" in a single box at a lower price point.
The Count

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Really f***ing cute AoA, four freaking episodes. Everyone is praising the quick turn around here, but if they release these like they did Madoka (every other month) it will take a year to see this show in its entirety anyway. Guess I'll wait for a U.K. release like I have for most of Aniplex's shows.
Nico87

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure the small episode count is the reason for the fast release. The Japanese vol. 9 isn't even out in Japan 'till September.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
I just started the series, and I'm quite enjoying it. But not for the amount they're asking here.

I'm just gonna wait for the complete sets to come out. I have no desire to return to the days of singles. Money is obviously one reason (though I think my threshhold is higher than others since I'm willing to throw down quite a bit of money for series I really like), but a bigger reason for me is shelf space. Do I like fancy, awesome-looking boxes? Uh, yeah. But I don't need them to be 6 singles wide. And for series without a box, I do not display singles by themselves anymore (I just consolidate single disc cases into 4-disc/6-disc DVD cases).

So, no, I don't have an interest in buying 6 individual releases. While price is partially a factor, it's more due to not wanting to have 6 individual releases sitting on my shelves. I'd rather wait for a set.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Singles. That is exactly what it is. I bet the prices would even match up to one of the limited edition DVD releases from Bandai in the past. When people go as far as calling it "Japanese prices" I giggle a bit. Nope. You'd be paying about TWICE as much
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quote
What the hell. I loved Kill la Kill and would love to own it, but they're releasing it in singles? Not cool, Aniplex. Not cool. I'll just wait till they release the complete sets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 91 of 108