• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
potatopurplexs3 wrote:
Hi there everyone. I've been going to this site for a while(about two years, I think.), but just recently decided to make an account.
I'm congratulating you on your choice of avatar. I've considered using a few but sadly Demi and Miyu are the only ones who come close to fitting my avatar rules but fail the final cut due to a technicality (I have very strict criteria). I think I had a Lisa from PSO2 for a bit but it just wasn't the same.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:00 am Reply with quote
Hi there Potatopurplexs3 my "reviews" are alway terrible an poorly written so you have nothing to worry about here Very Happy

Luckily we have plenty of areas for you to do so, there is What are you reading and top 10 manga in the manga area as well as what are you watching and top 10 anime threads in the anime area.

I hope you enjoy yourself here Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Alberto7 wrote:
Hey, A Mystery! I write mostly anime reviews (although I've been writing a slightly different anime-related piece for a while now) and I post some of them in an anime thread on a guitar forum I frequent. I began posting so much in that thread that I decided it was time I joined an actual anime forum haha. Nothing too professional and/or super well written though, I just do it for fun. Most of them are short, too, aside from a couple ones.

There's only one user here with an entire thread dedicated to his reviews (CaptainX). You could use the threads Tsuna mentioned of course (or the main series discussion thread). You might get approval to get your own review thread if you ask one of the moderators.
Alberto7

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
There's only one user here with an entire thread dedicated to his reviews (CaptainX). You could use the threads Tsuna mentioned of course (or the main series discussion thread). You might get approval to get your own review thread if you ask one of the moderators.

Oh, thanks! I think I'll wait a bit until I rack up a few more posts before opening my own review thread. Laughing I also don't feel my writing and analytical skills justify it just yet. I'll stick to the other threads for now. Wink Thanks for the suggestion anyway! It's good to know that's a viable option if I ever do feel like doing it.
Bango

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
It'd likely be a good idea to read some of CaptainX's reviews. I never have, but it stands to reason that if his stuff is accepted then you'll be able to see where the bar is set.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
[quote="guildmaster"]Updates since the fall:

Location: Still here on the sun coast of FL, Cured the Psychotic Climate Control on the DVC, and am now trying to figure out why the QudraJet float bowl drains after 3-4 days of non-use??? Evil or Very Mad

Pets: Skylar is turning into a Franken-Yorkie. Wants to be the boss of everything and everybody. I blame the boss lady. Razz

Boating: of course the last time we took it out (which was the first time after we got it back from the marina), a drive belt broke and we had to be towed back to the dock. Evil or Very Mad We did get to see dolphins though. Smile

You know what BOAT stands for?
Break
Out
Another
Thousand Mad

No update on the STS - too much traffic to get past 150. Starting to feel like Sammy Hagar...
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I agree with personal attacks. Do you like me now?

Sometimes I turn my car on to warm my engine up just so cats can be warm under my car.

Ever start the engine only to discover some furry creature has taken up a spot atop the air cleaner??
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quote
Hello, I already made my first post in Selector Infected Wixoss, but thought I'd post a little more here.

Like my name states, I love Jun Maeda works (Air, Kanon, Clannad, Angel Beats) and love a lot of different series from Higurashi to Madoka Magica to Azumanga to, of course, Shingeki no Kyojin.

As for manga, I usually love shoujo titles like anything by Arina Tanemura (her art is seriously amazing).

My starter anime was Sailor Moon, but the first anime I was actually aware of was Fruits Basket in high school.

I recently graduated and was president of my university's anime club.

I guess that's it for now. Smile
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Welcome junmaedaisjesus I hope to see you poking around in other areas of the for a too.

[quote="junmaedaisjesus"]I recently graduated and was president of my university's anime club.[quote]

I have always wondered, what exactly goes on in an anime club?

Do you just talk about shows, do you get together like a movie night and marathon shows or is it like a book club where you are set a show to watch and each week you have to have watched up to a certain episode so you can all discuss in detail the goings on?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:

I have always wondered, what exactly goes on in an anime club?

Do you just talk about shows, do you get together like a movie night and marathon shows or is it like a book club where you are set a show to watch and each week you have to have watched up to a certain episode so you can all discuss in detail the goings on?

Oh, lots of different stuff. We'd meet mon-friday during lunch hour and would watch a different series everyday (two episodes), like Monday would be Madoka Magical, Tuesday would be Anohana, etc so by the end of the semester, you could finish about 5-7 series as a group. Fridays we had extra long meetings to watch movies, new releases, eat pizza and hangout. We also fundraise for anime conventions so we could go as a group. It was a lot of fun. Although it did have it's fair share of problems. I can't remember who it was on here that made an Anime News Network radio cast about the hardships of being a leader and the types of personalities you can encounter, but I really related to it. Overall, though, it was a lot of fun and I'm close friends with a lot of the members still.
Tsubasasan11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
Hey, I'm Tsubasasan11. I am under the same username on Twitter, and DeviantART. I'm also on YouTube.

Favorite anime: Pretty much a draw between Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon.

I enjoy discussing anime, reviewing anime, watching anime, reading anime (manga), and drawing anime. I want to try my hand at comic book/manga creating and am working on a series called RAN RAN. Once I become seasoned as an artist I will re-do the series in hopes that it may get published as a graphic novel series.

I am pretty obsessed with anime, usually watching anywhere from 10-13 episodes of an anime per night. I am currently collecting all the Ranma 1/2 Boxsets as they are released by Viz Media on Blu-ray and will be getting all of the remastered Sailor Moon on Blu-ray as well! Very Happy But totally cannot wait until Sailor Moon Crystal airs across the world! Very Happy
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
Welcome Tsubasa-san! So you're pretty vocal on the internet eh? Good luck with your project.
Bakemono27

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Been looking for an anime forum for some time now, finally decided to actually find one. Hopefully I'll have a lot of fun on here and meet some great people Very Happy

Name - Mitch
Age - 21
Location - Chicago

Favorite anime - The whole Monogatari series, Clannad, Toradora, K-ON, Space Dandy, Nichijou, Maria Holic, Chuunibyou, OreImo, Another, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, as well as many others (basically anything by Shaft or KyoAni)

Since I'm not a huge manga reader and I don't want this to be too short I'll list some bands I listen to...

Music - Between the Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Orbs, Haken, Coheed and Cambria, Maximum the Hormone, Galneryus, Lamb of God, Ghost, Miku, Devin Townsend, etc...

A little about me now - I just graduated college in May of this year with a degree in communications. I recently started working full time and have been doing my best to continue watching as much anime as I would like (not as easy I was hoping). I got into anime when I was younger thanks to Toonami but really didn't get into it until I got to college. As you can probably tell by the shows I listed above I'm much more a fan of slice of life/comedy/moe/romance shows but I'm always open to watch things that deviate from my comfort zone. I really hope that joining this forum will help me not only expand my taste in anime but also help me meet some new people with whom I can talk anime too. Feel free to message me if you got any questions, concerns, comments, or whatever (especially if you're a monogatari fan Very Happy)
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:32 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, Bakemono27! Anime catgrin Cool Anime smile Smile Very Happy

I see you're a fan of Shaft and KyoAni. Have you seen Shaft's Puella Magi Madoka Magica and KyoAni's Hyouka? If not, then I highly recommend them. IMO, these are their best works. Wink
Bakemono27

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:33 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Bakemono27! Anime catgrin Cool Anime smile Smile Very Happy

I see you're a fan of Shaft and KyoAni. Have you seen Shaft's Puella Magi Madoka Magica and KyoAni's Hyouka? If not, then I highly recommend them. IMO, these are their best works. Wink

I've seen both and I agree both were great. I have yet to see the third movie for Madoka and I really enjoyed Hyouka. While I'll give you Madoka being Shaft's best work (though I think you could make an argument for Bakemonogatari as well) I think Nichijou was better than Hyouka as far as KyoAni goes. Tamako Market was really good as well so it's hard to say which was the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 205 of 233