• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The CW to Air Live-Action Shows in Vortexx's Current Saturday Morning Slots

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hojo 360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Lol Live-Action Shows yea {CN} gave that a try and look what happ Laughing but hey have at it hoss best of luck
zeopower6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Well... it's not really the same thing as what CN did.

In this case, they're removing the Vortexx line up completely and the shows replacing it are... well...

Quote:
EXPEDITION WILD: Follow wildlife expert Casey Anderson on a series of breathtakingly wild American adventures.

DOG WHISPERER – FAMILY EDITION: Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan helps dogs—and their families—overcome behavioral problems.

ROCK IN THE PARK: Jack Steward explores every National Park in America.

THE BRADY BARR SHOW: Join the adventures of Brady Barr as he gets up close to some of the world's wildest and most dangerous creatures.

DR. POL: Join Dr. Pol as he gives viewers a unique look into the care and treatment of farm animals.

AMERICA’S FLAVORS: Expert Chefs travel the country, pitting variations of the American dishes against each other.

TASTE OF HOME: An upbeat cooking experience where audience members give dishes a special homemade twist.

RELUCTANTLY HEALTHY: Comedy actress Judy Greer shares special tips and advice on how to stay healthy while on-the go.

SWAG: Release your inner fashionista with the help of celebrity super stylist Mandi Lane.

SOCIAL MEDIA MANIA: A new series that focuses on the biggest social media moments of each week.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
CW: The next G4TV? All they need now are some old COPS reruns.

Bad Boys, Bad Boys
Whacha' Gonna' Do?
Whatcha' Gonna' Do When They Stop Watchin' You?
Joe anime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Kids aren't seeing Saturday morning cartoons like they use to back in the day.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:

That or most of the cartoon coming out these day are not as good as they used to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime said
Quote:

Yes, and they are replacing the block with reality shows. The link says that Vortexx has been struggling with ratings compared to cable shows

If they want to get more people into anime and decide to go about using the localized 4kids-style censoring, then these upcoming shows aren't the way to go. Maybe they could have 1-2 live action shows but leave the rest as cartoons. CGI, and anime.

mdo7 said
Quote:
That or most of the cartoon coming out these day are not as good as they used to.

I miss the Fox Kids and Kids WB days (even though I am 27).
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:

Saturday morning cartoons are obsolete. We now have channels dedicated to children like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Hub, and whatever else is out there. The days where they all got regulated to Saturday mornings are over and now cartoons air 24/7 on a variety of channels.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Joe anime said
Quote:

Yes, and they are replacing the block with reality shows. The link says that Vortexx has been struggling with ratings compared to cable shows

If they want to get more people into anime and decide to go about using the localized 4kids-style censoring, then these upcoming shows aren't the way to go. Maybe they could have 1-2 live action shows but leave the rest as cartoons. CGI, and anime.

mdo7 said
Quote:

I am 30 and I miss those days
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

mdo7 wrote:

sailorsweeper wrote:

I am 30 and I miss those days

Yeah me too. I guess the cartoon coming out these day aren't as appealing as they used to, and I can see that from my observation.

BTW, I'll turn 27 next month. Razz But I feel so old. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
zeopower6 wrote:
Well... it's not really the same thing as what CN did.

In this case, they're removing the Vortexx line up completely and the shows replacing it are... well...

Quote:
EXPEDITION WILD: Follow wildlife expert Casey Anderson on a series of breathtakingly wild American adventures.

DOG WHISPERER – FAMILY EDITION: Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan helps dogs—and their families—overcome behavioral problems.

ROCK IN THE PARK: Jack Steward explores every National Park in America.

THE BRADY BARR SHOW: Join the adventures of Brady Barr as he gets up close to some of the world's wildest and most dangerous creatures.

DR. POL: Join Dr. Pol as he gives viewers a unique look into the care and treatment of farm animals.

AMERICA’S FLAVORS: Expert Chefs travel the country, pitting variations of the American dishes against each other.

TASTE OF HOME: An upbeat cooking experience where audience members give dishes a special homemade twist.

RELUCTANTLY HEALTHY: Comedy actress Judy Greer shares special tips and advice on how to stay healthy while on-the go.

SWAG: Release your inner fashionista with the help of celebrity super stylist Mandi Lane.

SOCIAL MEDIA MANIA: A new series that focuses on the biggest social media moments of each week.

In other words, USELESS BULLSHITE
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
CW: The next G4TV? All they need now are some old COPS reruns.

Bad Boys, Bad Boys
Whacha' Gonna' Do?
Whatcha' Gonna' Do When They Stop Watchin' You?

Some CW affiliates already freaking do that. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
EleutheroMaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
It should be called "ONE MAGNIFICENT NIGHTMARE"! Twisted Evil
suprememoonempress

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Damn , I like getting up and watching Sonic X and Dragon ball z kai . It's messed on mine and gets shown Sundays . The problem is that there's too many live action shows on kids channels and many good cartoons and anime gets canceled .
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
suprememoonempress wrote:

Damn , I like getting up and watching Sonic X and Dragon ball z kai . It's messed on mine and gets shown Sundays . The problem is that there's too many live action shows on kids channels and many good cartoons and anime gets canceled .

Not enough like you who watch 'em.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Network Saturday morning cartoons are dead, Jim, and all we have to remember them by is awesome network Saturday morning cartoon comic book ads featuring the cartoon versions of the Fonz, Mr. T, and Alf.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4