• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal 1st Promo Video Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Kenji Nojima is OK. His pretty voice should make him a crush type.

Shocked That promo was so bright..!
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
What the hell is up with that hair design?

o_o;; what you mean? I don't get the initial problem. Looks like the (art style of her) manga to me. Mad

I think the complaint here is that she has a lot of it.[/quote]

I think they're trying to capture the flowing hair style, since in most panels of the manga, the hair is always flowing. The hair also kinda plays a minor role in the early chapters spoiler[Usagi turning into Princess Serenity for the very time made her hair grow longer and she has to get it trimmed by one of the senshi (forgot which)]
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
PipingHotTea wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
What the hell is up with that hair design?

o_o;; what you mean? I don't get the initial problem. Looks like the (art style of her) manga to me. Mad

I think the complaint here is that she has a lot of it.

I think they're trying to capture the flowing hair style, since in most panels of the manga, the hair is always flowing. The hair also kinda plays a minor role in the early chapters spoiler[Usagi turning into Princess Serenity for the very time made her hair grow longer and she has to get it trimmed by one of the senshi (forgot which)][/quote]

I just looked. It was Minako. So, they pretty much turned that scene into an episode of the original anime. Anime hyper
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
It looked nice to me. The style will just take getting used to. but I personally like it though and I can't wait. I especially can't wait to see more of that flowing hair of hers. I love how it was in the manga. And if there's any art related problems they can always fix it for the dvd releases like SnK and Kuroko no Basket right?

And, yes, it was spoiler[ Minako who cut Usagi's hair. ] That's one of my favorite moments actually Anime hyper
DigitalFowl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap that animation. Just... wow.

Blown away. Can't wait. Get hype.
DENelson83

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
That certainly looks beautiful. You can tell that the animation looks much more mature.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
It looked nice to me. The style will just take getting used to. but I personally like it though and I can't wait. I especially can't wait to see more of that flowing hair of hers. I love how it was in the manga. And if there's any art related problems they can always fix it for the dvd releases like SnK and Kuroko no Basket right?

And, yes, it was spoiler[ Minako who cut Usagi's hair. ] That's one of my favorite moments actually Anime hyper

This adaptation certainly looks hair-raising. Laughing
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping to see Morga in all her zombified glory in this trailer but alas, nope.

Gonna have to wait till series premiere next month.

P.S. No goggles? Shocked
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
It's...so...beautiful... Shocked
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I love the backgrounds and the color palette is overall refreshing.

I'm not a huge fan of the "manga anatomy" but it is cool to see our girls moving around with more frames per second.

The only thing that I just can't "get over" is their eyes. I'm not saying they should look like the old anime! I'm just saying these new eyes look really unfocused. Like a Disney character on a TV budget.

I guess I'll just have to get used to it...
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Again, too tall, too thin with lots o' head and eyes {it's not the hair...}. This is why they don't look like middle schoolers to some people.

And, oh man, those... what do you call them? They're too long and thing to be ankles. How do they not break when they stand up?

I don't care if this look is closer to the manga or not, there's nothing pleasing about it. It's all design, no point.

Basing them on gymnasts is one thing, basing them on paper thin fashion models another.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Again, too tall, too thin with lots o' head and eyes {it's not the hair...}. This is why they don't look like middle schoolers to some people.

And, oh man, those... what do you call them? They're too long and thing to be ankles. How do they not break when they stand up?

I don't care if this look is closer to the manga or not, there's nothing pleasing about it. It's all design, no point.

Basing them on gymnasts is one thing, basing them on paper thin fashion models another.

Welp, regardless if it's closer to the manga or not, the art style is the art style. Also I don't know what "point" you're looking into this animation. I hope it's not a social/political commentary. :<

I don't understand the complaint about how the anatomy is not logical, considering they have bug eyes and tiny little noses. They also have different colored hair and magical powers.

The real problem is comparing it to "real" people. It's a work of fiction. And she can make it however she pleases.

We gotta make fun of models too? :c

Last edited by tygerchickchibi on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
D288

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Zygarde wrote:
It looks so horribly generic. Super generic. Not even a little bit generic. It doesn't look much like the manga art..the 90's one fits better! I don't know. So much hype and then we get this. They should've had another studio have at it..Madhouse. Yea, the HunterxHunter people do an outstanding job at it.

Oh well, at the very least they're putting up the older series on Hulu.

The Dumbass above me wrote:

Nothing pleases you retards, does it?
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
EmpoleTron, as much as I disagree with the person above, you probably shouldn't resort to personal attacks...because the admins don't take well to that kind of thing.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I like what I see. The art style is much closer to the original manga, in a good way Very Happy

I want to see this so bad now. We might have a Sailor Moon "Sisterhood" in our hands.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8