• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New You're Under Arrest Television Anime in Production

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I would rather have had another series of Live Action ones done... I liked those alot.

I have to wonder where the girls will go next at this point... Interpol?
CrazyCanuck

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote
To any R1 companies reading this: I'm prepared to pay upfront for the entire series if one of you will just release this!
LordRobin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:39 pm Reply with quote
It depresses me that the chances of getting the legendary American voice cast back together for this are essentially zero. Sad

------RM
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
From what I heard a while ago, they are producing a continuation of the Live Action series. As far as the new anime series goes, it's most likely to be a continuation of the First Season (AnimEigo) and Second Season (No LIcensor Yet) although, after speaking with Mr. Chris Oarr about the matter, he did tell me that ADV Films just might negotiate the license for the Second Season of You're Under Arrest and if they did, expect them to also negotiate for the Third Season as well. More likely, they will negotiate for the Second Season/Third Season as one packaged deal.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Back when the live-action was on in Japan, a Japanese fan told me that the ratings for the series were pretty bad. Watching it, I can see why. *_* It was a total cringe-fest most of the time for me.

As to the anime, I've been lobbying FUNimation to score YUA2 for a while. Maybe the creation of the new series will give them the idea to go for it now.

I'm looking forward to this newest series, but I tell you, the writers had best have progress on the Ken-Miyuki relationship. Anime smile;;;
Raja

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:26 am Reply with quote
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
From what I heard a while ago, they are producing a continuation of the Live Action series.
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that? I've seen no mention of this anywhere, and the page in Afternoon only referenced the new series and the upcoming release of the second season memorial box DVD set.

I watched the live action series when it was first on, and sometimes it seemed like a make-work show for various TV talent who were between jobs, with a few cameo appearances just because they could. (Ian Thorpe's appearance was a particularly blatant non-sequitur.)
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
Some anime news sites outside of ANN and AoD. As well as some firsthand news from a friend of mine in Japan who is a personal friend of the director of the Ah My Goddess television series, Matsubara Hidenori.

Oh, and don't look for FUNimation to grab the license to the anime series, more than likely, ADV Films will snag onto it.
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
It depresses me that the chances of getting the legendary American voice cast back together for this are essentially zero. Sad

------RM

Not neccessarily on this one. If ADV Films manages to license this property, providing the information I received from Mr. Chris Oarr is correct, it looks like Juliet Cesario could return to voice Miyuki's character ...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1