• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Murdered: Soul Suspect

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I think I'll give it a try because it's one of my favorite kinds of plots.

I hope to see a review of the new Tex Murphy game Tesla Effect here sometime.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I need to try this game when I get a PS4 (yes I'm aware it's on the PS3), but I think I'll get a "better experience" with the PS4 version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I honestly thought it was a pretty wonderful game in its own right. Beat it really quickly, but the narrative has been on my mind for a while. It has some wonderful dialogue, and interesting character dynamics. I also enjoyed the gameplay, because they didn't shoehorn in any shooter/brawler elements that didn't belong there.
sepherest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
I played this one for a bit and thought it was pretty cool, especially becsuse of how story-driven it is. It kind of reminded me of Shadow of Destiny.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
I was checking this out the other day and the premise sounded interesting, so it's disappointing to hear that it didn't quite live up to it. I'll probably pass on this one, since there are too many other games out there that sound great rather than just okay.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:41 am Reply with quote
It took me 4 days to beat this game {that was all so with hunting for all the side clues} my score was 81% complete the story was fun and kep me wanting more game play was ok {bugs from time to time} but over all felt creepy and a bit like a survival horror game over all it was sad and fun {own it on ps4} i my self give it a B Very Happy
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
I played this one for a bit and thought it was pretty cool, especially becsuse of how story-driven it is. It kind of reminded me of Shadow of Destiny.

Hey, someone else who played that game! Very Happy

Anyways, I fully admit that I'm a sucker for any kind of mystery game (exempting horror). Unfortunately, this game feels an awful lot like the budget got severely cut at some point. They go to a lot of effort stuffing Salem full of historical references, but never give you the freedom to just sort of roam around in it. You just move from one loaded area to the next, which in this day and age is a little dated. The story was pretty decent and there were some great creepy moments, but unfortunately for me, my knowledge about Salem pretty much spelled out the ending for me. Sad

I appreciate the effort, but all in all, I think this game would have benefited from more development time and a serious level of polish.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:

You just move from one loaded area to the next, which in this day and age is a little dated.

Tell that to Japan's linear games. Smile
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
whiskeyii wrote:

You just move from one loaded area to the next, which in this day and age is a little dated.

Tell that to Japan's linear games. Smile

At least in those games, the areas are big. Soul Suspect has small sections of the city that load in and out. Makes the game feel even more cramped than it already is, unfortunately.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1