• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sankarea Zombie Romantic Comedy Manga to End by November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:12 am Reply with quote
Although it's sad that it's coming to an end. It's better for it to end now than to drag on more than it needs to. Especially since it's felt like recent chapters have been feeling like the story is coming to a close.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
Well, there goes the chance of seeing a 2nd season (well, pretty much gone).

A shortish series at 11 volumes...I may just end up jumping into the manga now, seeing as the English releases aren't too far behind. Very Happy
The11Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

A shortish series at 11 volumes...I may just end up jumping into the manga now, seeing as the English releases aren't too far behind. Very Happy

Seeing as how the first season sold horribly in Japan, we weren't going to see a second season anyways, so you might as well just read the manga.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I wouldn't say that. Relative to where the original anime ended, there is plenty left they could do another season with. spoiler[The anime ends before any of the adventures on the zombie island, or the whole arc they've been on since coming back from the island.]

The bigger question I believe is whether there will be an appetite for a new season. It would be Fall at the absolute earliest, and already that's so long after the original season. As wonderful an adaptation as the anime was, they seemed to have jumped the gun making it as early into the manga's run as they did. Fans nowadays aren't going to wait so long between seasons so patiently, particularly if you aren't talking major hit series.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
The photo looks like the 2 main characters are trying to get intimate but likely will be interrupted (typical in fan service/harem series).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Now only if MGX would finally end as well. That manga's been hamstrung since the idol arc and never recovered, it's just been boring non-development since. What a waste of a fun premise.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
The11Doctor wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Seeing as how the first season sold horribly in Japan, we weren't going to see a second season anyways, so you might as well just read the manga.

That is something I was unsure about. Disappointing that it didn't sell well, and I will just jump into the manga now...gotta order the ones that have already been released.

Kadmos1 wrote:
The photo looks like the 2 main characters are trying to get intimate but likely will be interrupted (typical in fan service/harem series).

Since she's a zombie...to me it looks a lot more like she may be trying to take a bite. Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
This is 1 of 2 series I know where Aaron Dismuke plays a lead character that is love with a zombie that is approaching necrophilia. The other is Shikabane Hime.
unclefarttypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote
The11Doctor wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

But there have been animes that have sold bad in Japan and still got another season, its unlikely but it could happen.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen or read Sankarea, but I kind of hope it ends with the zombie girl killing and eating the main guy.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
From what the anime showed, it was a lot more leaning on finding a cure for her rather than any focus on her eating human flesh. If I remember correctly, she only went as far as tasting human blood?

Just with the general tone, her actually eating human flesh would be doing a 180.

I've still yet to read the manga, as I'm still waiting on the first volume...2-6 are just sitting there waiting to be read. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1