• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking for an article

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
To confirm: is this an article that you yourself have read on ANN previously?

If so, was there a reason you didn't comment on it the time you read it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
To confirm: is this an article that you yourself have read on ANN previously?

If so, was there a reason you didn't comment on it the time you read it?

I wanted to ask that same question, but thanks anyway. Also I have a 2nd question for Snomaster: Are you sure you read this article on ANN? You sure it wasn't on another website??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
Ok,I'll answer both questions. Well,Shiroi Hane,yes. It was an article I'd seen here on ANN previously. The reason I didn't comment on it at the time was I was concentrated on commenting on something else,but it had already disappeared and I couldn't find it again to comment on it. And to answer mdo7's question,yes. To the best of my knowledge,it was on the ANN website.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Do you remember what the other thing you were commenting on was?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I just checked on my profile and from what I saw,I was commenting on the fact that "Blood Blockade Battlefront" is going to get an anime made,that there was a short film that honored "Ghost in the Shell,"and that a group of anime including "Outbreak Company,"was going to get an English dub,among a couple of others. Does that help Mr. or Ms. Hane?
You,mdo7,and Dessa can check my profile yourselves if you want. You're more than welcome to do so,if it helps out.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
The first article you mention was posted on May 30th. The only video game-related article that day was in regards to Might No. 9.

The second article you mention I can't find. The only two mentions of Ghost in the Shell in the month of May were AX hosting the Stand Alone Complex writer (May 3), and the trailer for Arise 3 being posted (May 23). Assuming you mean the second one, there are a few video-game related articles that day, but nothing about a game being banned.

The third article you mention was posted on May 28th. The only video game-related articles that day were an announcement and 2 delays, and the Japanese game rankings.

I have also checked the daily briefs for the last 10 days of May. There is no article on ANN regarding a game being banned in China.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
I've already tried searching for any 2014 news articles that even mention china or chinese, and turned up blank (and I tried Interest articles too).
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
It's a strong possibility that I misread the article. I don't know. If we don't find anything out soon,I'll make a full apology to everyone here for wasting your time.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
It's a strong possibility that I misread the article. I don't know. If we don't find anything out soon,I'll make a full apology to everyone here for wasting your time.

Is it also a strong possibility that you may have read that article in question on another website and not on ANN, Snomaster??

Again are you sure this article was on ANN, or was it on another website?? Maybe you got confused and thought the article in question was on ANN but turns out it maybe on another website.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:19 am Reply with quote
I'd like to apologize to everyone on this website for my foolish quest for the article on this site. I want to thank everyone with kudos going out to mdo7 and Dessa who did such a great job in trying to help me. I'm sorry I wasted yours and everyone else's time and trouble. I was foolish and I'm grateful for everyone who worked so hard on my behalf. You guys may be right. It may have been on another website and I got the two confused.
Again,thanks for the help and I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time on a fruitless quest. Thanks a lot and hopefully I'll have something better next time. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2