• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony Asks Fans to Keep Waiting for The Last Guardian

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
are you serious man ... fine. whatever.

i'll wait.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
No.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Yea ill just keep waiting but after the TGS if i don't see it i'm done
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
so we ask you to wait..."

Nope. WiiU for me!
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
We have Nintendo with "Please Understand."

We have Square Enix with "Please be excited."

Enter Sony: "Keep waiting."
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Ok, Sony. Anime cry

At least it's better news than hearing it's cancelled. And I also heard that if the game was cancelled we would be hearing from the production team themself, not some random Russian dudes.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:15 am Reply with quote
Feel like a stillwaitingskeleton.jpg may actually make an appearance soon. Laughing

Sony still have be getting their console, but it isn't in hopes of seeing TLG actually hitting shelves.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:24 am Reply with quote
I'm actually fine with waiting if it means we get a trailer with actual gameplay in it.

Nintendo was the only one of the Big 3 at E3 this year that seemed to understand that trailers that are nothing but cutscenes just aren't interesting anymore. Am I looking forward to Uncharted 4 and the new Tomb Raider, for example? Sure, but don't expect me to get super-hyped from a 90-second cutscene. No Man's Sky was one of the more appealing showings due to the fact we got real gameplay, and Nintendo had almost nothing but gameplay which is awesome. Cutscenes are cool....in the actual game where they have context and I care about the narrative and characters. But showing Nathan Drake slowly get up while Sully yaps on without any idea to the viewer as to what's happening is just boring in comparison to real gameplay.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
This is the most sony has talked about the game in years. I just think they want people still talking about so in case it does one day it does get released. Much like Half Life 3 but just like that both titles are probably more are never happening side of things.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
When a video game's development hell is constantly delaying it for years, I think it's justified that the potential buyers lose respect to the company. If said video game had more information given on what it's about and more info on the cause of the delay(s), I think that the potential fans might be more forgiving. Finally, if there was a playable demo of what's been made, that might be a way to make the waiting worthwhile.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Y'know they could've said that YEARS AGO!!!! Dammit!! Folks have been waiting for a long time. Then it didn't happen. They they mentioned an update. Then it didn't happen. Then you get dates and they still don't happen. So does this mean that the preorders scheduled for LATE 2014 will happen in 2015??? But fine at least they said something. I mean really game companies need to be more sympathetic to their customers who literally show that they care for their products.

This game better happen dammit!! I'm not even playing the game and I've been anticipating it. Please Sony don't let folks down.
u6064vision

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty conflicted about this game and part of me doesn't care anymore. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were amazing games however games that have been in development for years usually disappoint or it will be impossible to live up to fans' expectations. Time has ran out for me waiting on this game. I hope the developers deliver nonetheless.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
At this point I just want to see something, anything, new for this game because that would confirm they actually are still working on it. I don't care if it is piecemeal. I don't care if it is just a CG cutscene. Just give us something to support the claim that it is actually still being worked on and isn't just on indefinite hiatus.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
What has been in production this long and has turned out half way good? Nothing. Our tastes change year after year. Once Trico finally hits it will be on unsuspecting gamers that weren't anticipating the game one bit.

Truly I really don't mind waiting but ultimately the public interest is long gone. Back in the oughts gone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1