• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Adriana, Marcia Belle are actually aliases for Ami Shukla. I checked out her Voice123 profile and she listed credits from both names, as well as her own.

Voice123 profile

Adriana #6782

Marcia Belle #14649

Ami Shukla #14972
rokon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but was unsure where it really belonged:

Hiroki TOKUDA (#80362)

This animator's name is actually Hirotaka Tokuda (徳田大貴).

Source:
His official Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TokudaHirotaka
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
It seems like there is already an encyclopedia for Hirotaka Tokuda, but it's blank save for a link to the Buddy Complex SPotlight where he is given a Mecha Design credit.
Yu Ominae

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
FYI to all mods, these entries are one and the same.

person#46508

person#95239

Lesley Tesh Pedersen is the full name. Lesley Tesh is her old name prior to getting married, if I researched my sources right.

Evidence to support change:

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/person/10392/lesley-pedersen/

PS - Has there been any updates on this? (animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4205808&highlight=#4205808)
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I recently got the Labyrinth of Flames DVD and saw the Behind the Scenes Making of the English dub extra and the actress Sonny Dey #1271 (voice actress who played Carrie White) looked a lot like Shannon Conley #2542 So it's safe to assume that Sonny Dey is an alias for Shannon Conley, and not Kimberly Brooks as stated at IMDb.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
Name - Seirō Ogino (萩野晴朗)

Ogino Seirou (incorrect; name is flipped) - person#68965

Correct page - person#73651

Official agency page - http://www.kenproduction.co.jp/member.php?mem=m12

Also, for some reason, his kanji name (seen above) did NOT appear in the search engine.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 am Reply with quote
One more need of a merger - and

Yuuko Ishibashi
person#69456

and

Yūko Ishibashi
person#115418

For some reason, again, when I submitted the name Yūko Ishibashi in kanji, her name did not appear in the search engine, thus why I created a page for her.

[done]
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes the search engine is wonky, but if you know the kanji name, just enter it like that. Make sure you have the right romanization too, if there is more that one person by that specific name.

JackCox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
Please Merge
David Vincent #55038
into
David Earnest #60057
they are the same person

David Earnest is his main name as it has been the one that's been used on union stuff.

(Done. -- dormcat)
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
So, we have Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon. For all intents and purposes, this is the same group. Sound Horizon is the original project, and Linked Horizon is for "linked" projects (thus far, that being Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Attack on Titan, and Sailor Moon Crystal).

The two entries should be merged into one, with role precision noting if it's Sound or Linked.

[done]
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
It appears that Tomoyuki SHIMURA (志村知幸) and Kazuyuki SHIMURA (志村和幸 may be the same person.

Tomoyuki has a Ken Productions profile, which lists about half of the roles on his page (I can provide a list... that I started when I initially thought they were two people with mixed-together encyclopedia pages). However, searching for Kazuyuki's kanji on Japanese Wikipedia redirects me to Tomoyuki's Japanese Wikipedia page.

This is leading me to believe that they're one in the same, with possibly a name change involved.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
The Wikipedia page was redirected back in 2006.
I don't think I can readily check the credits for any of the Kazuyuki credits to see if it is potentially misspelt there or whether someone here (or on wikipedia et al) just misread it. If our source for Galaxy Angel Z is to be believed at least one US company has made this mistake, if these are indeed the same person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
According to his Ken Production profile, Tomoyuki did a role in Star Ocean EX (but not who), as well confirming the specific Eureka Seven and Nanaka 6/17 roles. So those three on Kazuyuki's are in error, if they are different people.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
I set Linked Horizon as alias of Sound Horizon

How up-to-date is this thread anyway? With 82 pages, I wouldn't be surprised that many of the duplicates slipped through the cracks, still unfixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
How up-to-date is this thread anyway? With 82 pages, I wouldn't be surprised that many of the duplicates slipped through the cracks, still unfixed.

I just checked my 2010 report on Tony, and it's still valid. Further proof: "Tony" at Japanese Wikipedia.

[done]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 82 of 144