• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the line about, while waiting to be chosen I never thought about how hard it is to do the choosing. He certainly does have a tough job ahead on that score.

Epic Hinata-Kageyama confrontation! For a sports anime, this has some damn fine writing. Very Happy

6/13

I've been thinking about this episode some more, and speaking of fine writing, that pivotal scene between Hokageyama and Hinata I mentioned above was just so well done. In another anime or sports story, the young pup would have been guided to find his way by the coach, or an elder teammate and even if the delivery were gruff, it would have come across like imparting words of wisdom from on high, or passing on the torch of hard-won experience, and it would have gone down like every other scene of its ilk.

But Kageyama wasn't imparting anything to Hinata, he was just furious at him for not seeing something so obvious to him (Kageyama), and spacing out during a game. He was angry enough that his teammates were about to call him off, and when he called the play, he wasn't showing off, he was just showing, not telling. He knew Hinata would never get it until he had it demonstrated to him in the most overt, hands-on way possible.

I dunno, the way that whole scene played out was just so refreshing and really satisfying all around. I love this show.

Btw, what do prison bars and volleyball nets and eyeglass arms have in common? Anime smallmouth I really wish they could afford to take the time to animate behind the net, because it's creeping me out how people's faces seem to poke right through when the net vanishes. Laughing
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:38 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Training camp time!
Hinata was having his usual pre-practice match jitters.
He's cheerful character makes him good with other people.
Kenma is an interesting Nekoma guy.
There wasn't much playing in this episode.
It was more about relationships & Ennoshita.
Also, some prep stuff for the upcoming match.
Hinata is still my favorite character ^^
Can't wait to see them play next time!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Heh, it was more of a built-up episode. I like the way spoiler[Hinata's team uniforms are designed though with a very fitting style. Next time looks like will be the match.]

I'm getting hyped!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Finally managed to catch up on last weeks episode as well as this weeks.

Two very good episodes; more team bonding through out as well as more intensive training, hopefully this will set them in good stead for the match against Nekoma though they will be using a configuration they are not used to. I'm not sure how this ones going to go as it seems like this rivalry is being set up for a rematch further down the line. spoiler[I predict they will loose this game coming up which will fire them up making them more determined than they already are. ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
For a set-up ep, that was unusually fun. Best part was Hinata vibrating at his desk in class. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

I liked the part where they spoiler[thought there were ghosts, making fun of whats his name losing height when his hair is down, and the ace also looking very different.] I tend to not like characters like Ryuunosuke, but he tends to end up one of my favourites in the show because he ends up being so much fun when paired with Hinata. and in general he does not come off that big headed as I would expect.

It was a characteristically entertaining episode and I think it might be my favourite sports anime.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 :

spoiler["Because we don't have wings, we look ways to fly".] I really liked that quote this episode and for what it's worth. As for Hinata, I like how he finds ways to use his height as an advantage as well with some creativity.

Great episode for the match!
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:18 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this episode as we got a little insight into how certain members of the teams minds work. It's always good to see Hinata improving and there is no better way on the middle of a match, it's the quickest was to improve and it's good he has the team supporting him. If Hinata can eventually target Kageyama's full speed sets they will be pretty hard to block.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:03 am Reply with quote
I'm really starting to like Nekoma for their "teamwork is more important than individual talent" approach and because they feature a character like Kenma since you rarely see true introverts in sports anime.

But as much as i love teamwork, Tsukki is still my favourite character for being a sarcastic little shit... Wink
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote
Karasuno vs Nekoma!!
spoiler[Kenma - Hinata reunion] was fun.
Those two are very similar too ^^
It was nice to see spoiler[Karasuno] could surprise them.
spoiler[Kageyama schooled Hinata again ^^
Karasuno's technique needed some tweaking.
Once again, Hinata]
showed us persistence!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Kind of odd for the rival team to be the more team work driven lot, but at the very least it makes them quite likable. I was liking some of the atmosphere moments, kind of cat and crow thing.

Especially funny with how they were spoiler[similar with the captains thinking the other as crafty when they seem to be exactly the same].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
I think Hinata just made himself a new friend in episode 13. Cute :p
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:32 am Reply with quote
Loved the various - more or less successful - attempts at rival bonding after the game! This show is getting close to snatching the "most adorable sports series ever" title from Oofuri if it continues like that. Very Happy
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:39 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Karasuno was on fire this time.
The rest of the team had activated their talent.
Hinata was mostly confused.
This showed he still has a lot a train.
Nekoma sure can play.
Their fake attacks were amazing.
That match was intense as hell!!
So it's not all about attacking.
They need to practice saving the ball more.
If they manage to learn that, then they'll have a great team.
The ending was fun.
It's like each of them has a clone in Nekoma LOL
Great episode with a nice balance of intensity & fun.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
I just can't deal with how much I love this show. It's got like the best vibes and comedic timing in all sports anime ever. I was laughing histerically during the whole aftermath sequence. I love this show so [expletive] much. Definitely the best thing I watched this season (Mushishi apart, because that one's on a category of its own), and easily the one I enjoyed the most. I'm so glad it's continuing over the summer. God I love this show, I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I'll stop now because I'm rambling crazy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 23