• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Patiently waiting on any updates. Smile I'm sure it takes a while to hear back from the head honchos and all; I'm just excited to enter this contest.
sakurablossom729

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
Can you use a image of your sailor moon stuff collection, a picture of the sailor moon things that you have bought? Good luck to everyone who entered Cool
machetecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:18 am Reply with quote
I have a wall scroll I'd love to use for my submission, but I have no idea if it's a bootleg? I've never seen another like it. It's not one that the U.S. companies made, but it might be a Japanese scroll? I know the art is official, but even the art is hardly EVER used for promotion. (They're all in street clothes is probably the reason why). I bought it at a shop that sold anime in a respected mall, but even those would get the occasional bootlegs in the 90's...
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
What does SM mean to me?

When Sailor moon first came out there were very few children at conventions. it was all creepy old people trying to get the word out. Old guys would dress up like the sailor senshi, it was disturbing in the early 90's.

When it finally hit the US I was into Ranma and Tenshi, Bubblegum Crisis and the new Ah my goddess, the most anticipated Sailor Moon was about to hit America, my cousin who had already gotten a taste of it in Japanese from the conventions was ready. We had a tape in the VCR for sure.

After the show finished, she was in tears for how badly it was handled. I laughed, i thought it was good. As bad as she initially though it didn't stop her from being a fan. We were soon competing in how many episodes of Sailor Moon she could get vs how many eps I could get of Ranma. It was the first time I had watched so many episodes of a cartoon, japanimation or aka anime.

Ultimately she stopped and I picked up the rest. I was determined to see it all. It became an obsession i had to see to completion.
Raschen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Is there any way to update a picture from my second entry. I had submitted two entries but I want to update the picture from the second how should I do that
Raschen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
What if the picture I want to replace my second entry with is 612 x 612 or something like that is that acceptable?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Star Dust wrote:
Patiently waiting on any updates. Smile I'm sure it takes a while to hear back from the head honchos and all; I'm just excited to enter this contest.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
Is using photo editing software allowed...

Yes.

Last edited by Tempest on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Raschen wrote:
What if the picture I want to replace my second entry with is 612 x 612 or something like that is that acceptable?

Quote:
Your image should be a JPEG, no larger than 1000x1000 pixels.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Raschen wrote:
Is there any way to update a picture from my second entry. I had submitted two entries but I want to update the picture from the second how should I do that

Go to the website where you stored the picture (ex: Deviantart) and replace it.

If that website assigns a unique url to every upload, simply enter again with the new URL (re-submit your FULL entry).
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
I have a wall scroll I'd love to use for my submission, but I have no idea if it's a bootleg? I've never seen another like it. It's not one that the U.S. companies made, but it might be a Japanese scroll? I know the art is official, but even the art is hardly EVER used for promotion. (They're all in street clothes is probably the reason why). I bought it at a shop that sold anime in a respected mall, but even those would get the occasional bootlegs in the 90's...

Who is the manufacturer of the wallscroll ?

If it doesn't have a manufacturer name on it, or if it has no copyright line, it's almost certainly a bootleg.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
sakurablossom729 wrote:
Can you use a image of your sailor moon stuff collection, a picture of the sailor moon things that you have bought? Good luck to everyone who entered Cool

Sure.
gothicangel89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I haven't submit mine yet but I'm still looking for every Sailor Moon item (if I can find them) that I still have to this day. This should be fun.
Sinnocent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
publicenemy333 wrote:
Why are tattoos not allowed? (not that I plan to submit anything tattoo related)

Unfortunately a lot of people in Japan find tattoos offensive (there's the whole gangster association that you are probably aware of), and the request was passed down that there be no tattoos. I find this unfortunate, because there are some really beautiful Sailor Moon tattoos out there, and some of them have very compelling stories behind them, but we need to respect the wishes of the licensor.

-t

Does this mean we can't even mention our tattoos? Because I did not intend on posting a picture of mine, but in my 100 words I did mention that I have one ... do I need to take that part out?

Oh and also, I'm a cosplayer and am using some pro pics, but I have permission from the photographers, do I need to provide proof of that or that I have rights to the pictures?
DENelson83

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
I'm not entering this contest. Not while SM remains AWOL on this side of the Canada-U.S. border. At this moment, I feel quite hurt. Mad
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
@Tempest: Thanks!

@DENelson83: Viz said they've been looking into ways for Canadian fans to watch. There are browser extensions that fans in Canada have been using to watch in the meantime.

Entered my submission yesterday, I'm pretty excited for this. Very Happy Never in my wildest dreams did I think Sailor Moon would be returning after the ADV/Pioneer licenses ran out so many years ago!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10