• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
would be pretty cool if we do get Snow Halation next episode. I like that song
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

Laughing The look on their faces as spoiler[Nico tries her cutesy confession, they were all the same] except Kotori who was spoiler[playing with the alpaca]. Or Honoka and Rin spoiler[falling asleep from the sappy romance movie].

There was a good moment where we looked through Nozomi's view of Muse and it was heart-warming. I have said it before but I enjoy all these characters and how they use them.

Also the episode almost really hard to not believe there is something between Nozomi and Eli, they are super close.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Damn, I hope they don't catch a spoiler[cold afterwards from that weather. I noticed they did Snow Halation which was not a surprise to me. A good performance overall although I didn't think it was a masterpiece worthy.]

On another note, Nico's siblings were adorable the way they cheered Muse on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Season 2, episode 9:

The thing I don't like about these shows is the tension buildup where there is some huge unfair obstacle that they have to overcome at the very last minute.

So we believe the student body fan base spoiler[shoveled the whole path to the event location?] Yeah right.

I'm not a performer but I am pretty sure spoiler[a 3K run through blizzard conditions] is not exactly the way you should prep your voice.

The performance: much less spoiler[flashy] and somehow a bit more spoiler[mature] than what we have seen prior. My biggest problem with it is that spoiler[the dance beat and mood didn't seem to match the music or lyrics.] Anyone else see it that way? Let's see how it works out for them.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Season 2, episode 9:

The thing I don't like about these shows is the tension buildup where there is some huge unfair obstacle that they have to overcome at the very last minute.

But that's what makes it exciting seeing them tackle through these obstacles to get to where they are. Not everything in life is easy, especially for idols. I think the episode did itself pretty well when it pulled out like that.

Then again, the spoiler[snow] was a big foreshadowing of their song in the final moments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 10
spoiler[
Well I joked to myself at the beginning of the episode that they would choose it just because it is in the title, and sure enough it was]
. Not sure if it is actually catchy though.

Also the way spoiler[they revealed they won] was done alright.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Nico was adorable this episode. It was a much refreshing week but I still liked it. The awkward silence between Arise and Muse had me starring for awhile though until the air was cleared.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Nico was adorable this episode.

I thought it sort of touching that the entire group was willing to perform he little nico-neee trademark (which I hate) with her.

This was probably the best single episode so far in spite of there being no performances. The conversation between Honoka and Tsubassa and the resulting fallout was actually interesting. The girls were forced to think of themselves in some sort of existential way.

Tsubassa and A-Rise show a pretty significant amount of grace and class, don't they? I hope they become friends.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking the unseasonable winterness. That's been one of my favourite songs so far? On a kind of side note, is anyone playing the smartphone game? It's addictive >.<
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
This show really brings out my cynical side. It was cute and endearing at the beginning, but the way it's escalating into such a feel-goody show is almost nauseating. Episode 9 was just ridiculous. A poop-load of students show upspoiler[ in the middle of a snowstorm to shovel snow]? Then they say they have spoiler[an hour to run to the event (no mention of the time for costumes/make-up/catching their breath/they would likely be too tired to dance and sing after running/Honoka still makes time to cry for 10 minutes on Eri's shoulders).]

This episode couldn't have been any more heartwarming if Jesus came down from heaven and offered to take them on his trusty Pegasus to Chuckie Cheese's for Santa's birthday party.

What exactly is the point behind Honoka, Kotori and Umi becoming the leaders of the student council (or Nozomi/Eri dropping their titles, for that matter)? I could understand if they need to withdraw to study for college entrance exams, but they haven't even really gone as far as to say that, IIRC.

I was hoping A-Rise would provide spoiler[a little more antagonism, but even they're watered down.]

There are some episodes that are very well done and some that are average, but then there are some where all this sugar turns my stomach. Neutral
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Season 2, episode 9:

That's pretty much been my biggest issue with this season. All their problems end up getting solved by the power of.........you guessed it "FRIENDSHIP!" and just leads to a some corny WE CAN DO IT! antics. Ugh. Maybe I'm just getting to old and grouchy but this stuff makes me sick.........sick to my intestines. For an idol show there is a large lack of drama that imo would make the characters more endearing than the short one episode developments they have been getting. It's like the staff is thinking "Hey guys this character hasn't been getting much attention but we don't want to waste time giving them a meaningful struggle to go through!". It's annoying because this show has much more potential than just being one of those "feel good" flicks.

It's nice if you want to watch something happy and cheerful but other than that there is a very large lack of depth in the storytelling.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11.

Man what a buncha crybabies.

Having said that I think they resolved things pretty well.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
yeah, but unfortunately, looks like no more Love Live after this season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:18 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Episode 11.

Man what a buncha crybabies.

Having said that I think they resolved things pretty well.

I got something stuck in my eyes, I swear. Who am I kidding, it managed to make me cry, it was an emotional episode. Now that they got their tears out of the way they can focus on their last show.

And really if they were fine with Muse having some graduates then the first season's message of needing them all would not be as strong.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
I think I just took a FEELS TRIP. Muse forever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9