• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Microsoft Launches Gargantia 3D Browser Game in English

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Sequel please ;<. I miss Chamber. Maybe this will give IG more incentive to continue GotVP.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
Got 6250 pts on the first mission... Not sure if good or bad, but what I know is that the atmosphere in the game is very pleasant.

It's a shame you can't fly low, closer to the ships and do some cool stunts/check out the fleet from a closer perspective.

I really want another season or two of the anime, there's just so much they could expand on!
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Got 6250 pts on the first mission... Not sure if good or bad, but what I know is that the atmosphere in the game is very pleasant.

That's really high. I only got 4,250 and that's because I didn't get perfect a couple times.

SouthPacific wrote:
It's a shame you can't fly low, closer to the ships and do some cool stunts/check out the fleet from a closer perspective.

That's what I was thinking. Not being able to fly closer made the free flight mode somewhat boring, but I guess they didn't want to bother with all that collision physics for a small game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
I'm not a gamer, but watching these videos made me want to rewatch Gargantia. =D
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Dang, I missed too many and got a 0 score.

Also, anyone else having a problem where inverting the Y-axis doesn't work? I want up to push me up and down to push me down, and neither option worked for that.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Dang, I missed too many and got a 0 score.

Also, anyone else having a problem where inverting the Y-axis doesn't work? I want up to push me up and down to push me down, and neither option worked for that.

Can't test the options now, but my default controls allowed me to point up when I pushed up...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Microsoft Flight Simulator Smile

Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Funny how laggy this is on all browsers for me even tho I can run games like BF4 at max settings with 100+ FPS. Tis the fate of browser games , I guess. Only when I speed up tho so my score is limited by going slow
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Funny how laggy this is on all browsers for me even tho I can run games like BF4 at max settings with 100+ FPS. Tis the fate of browser games , I guess. Only when I speed up tho so my score is limited by going slow

Man, I have a laggy 7-8 year old laptop that plays this game without lay in the newest version of Firefox - weird.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Smile

I wonder when Microsoft is going to bring back that franchise...
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't play the game part at all in IE. It was a lagging, stuttering mess that was maxing out my CPU, something most modern games don't do at max settings, and completely unplayable. In Chrome the gameplay was nice and smooth, but occasionally stalls on loading screens.

English dialogue is pretty funny, there are a lot of places where it gets way, way too wordy compared to what's being spoken. For a guy that speaks in short, broken sentences Ledo sure can ramble in this game.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Suena

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
That was pretty fun! Though it took me three tries to figure out what the heck my mission was. It played very smoothly for me. But then, I wasn't using IE Wink
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:44 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

That's actually the default option. Invert Y-axis will make the control more inline with flight sim control (S-down to point the nose up/ W-up to point nose down).

Got 6160 on the mission; 7xGreat, 13xPerfect and with 33 seconds to spare.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
FD2Raptor wrote:
Dessa wrote:

That's actually the default option. Invert Y-axis will make the control more inline with flight sim control (S-down to point the nose up/ W-up to point nose down).

Mine was glitched, then, because it started out like that, and inverting did nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1