• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#khena23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi. My sister & cousins wanted to participate in this contest as well. My sister is 12 years of age & my cousins are 9 & 12 years of age. As you can see they are too young to own an e-mail account. So, I sent their entry with my e-mail address. I had an old Facebook account that I renewed & named it after my sister, Hibbah Khan, some time ago, for educational purposes. I posted her picture on it as well as my cousins with their names on her timeline. This is because my cousins live in Kashmir, a remote & mountainous area in Pakistan & they have no computer or internet there. They found out about Sailor Moon when they came to visit us last summer. Is what I did okay?
dlready87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
This is probably a dumb question, but can I use a picture that is not my own? I saw one online that would go absolutely perfectly with my submission... I just don't know if that is allowed.
Tsubasasan11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Less than five minutes remain until the close of this contest! Very Happy The anticipation!! Editing because one liners are not allowed. I read that the Sailor Moon combo box set that's coming out this fall is also included with the give-a-ways for the winners of this contest! Now how awesome and cool is that! Very Happy
dlready87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
Tsubasasan11 wrote:
I read that the Sailor Moon combo box set that's coming out this fall is also included with the give-a-ways for the winners of this contest! Now how awesome and cool is that! Very Happy

I'm curious as to where you read this information?
Tsubasasan11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
dlready87 wrote:
Tsubasasan11 wrote:
I read that the Sailor Moon combo box set that's coming out this fall is also included with the give-a-ways for the winners of this contest! Now how awesome and cool is that! Very Happy

I'm curious as to where you read this information?

It's on the main page, just above where you see the white Artemis cat. This is what it says: In addition to the prizes listed above, each winner will receive a copy of the Sailor Moon Set 1 Limited Edition DVD/BD combo pack coming out this Fall (will ship when available).
dlready87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
Tsubasasan11 wrote:

It's on the main page, just above where you see the white Artemis cat. This is what it says: In addition to the prizes listed above, each winner will receive a copy of the Sailor Moon Set 1 Limited Edition DVD/BD combo pack coming out this Fall (will ship when available).

Oh, I thought you meant that when it comes out in stores it would come with all those give-a-ways in addition to the DVDs... which didn't make since to me and why I was curious on where you read it. Thanks!
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Mad I feel terrible about my entry arrgggh
Tsubasasan11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:

You and me both, tygerchickchibi. But don't get down on yourself, what may not seem perfect to you may seem perfect to the people in charge of choosing the winners in the contest. And the same applies to me, as well. Just keep your fingers crossed! You never know what the outcome will be, it could take you by surprise! Very Happy
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:05 am Reply with quote
Tsubasasan11 wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:

You and me both, tygerchickchibi. But don't get down on yourself, what may not seem perfect to you may seem perfect to the people in charge of choosing the winners in the contest. And the same applies to me, as well. Just keep your fingers crossed! You never know what the outcome will be, it could take you by surprise! Very Happy

You took the words right out of my mouth Tsubasasan11. I like to think of it this way: If I win, then that'll be awesome. If I don't win, then at least I had fun participating.
Wooga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 am Reply with quote
What Sailor Moon means to me: nothing. I don't remember it even being on tv. I missed out, I guess?
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit nervous... I made mine a bit jokey, so I don't know if they understand if I was joking or not (I did use the word "swag" so they might understand it).
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
SailorDJ wrote:

Tsubasasan11 wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth Tsubasasan11. I like to think of it this way: If I win, then that'll be awesome. If I don't win, then at least I had fun participating.

I guess I feel bad because I really had an idea and it popped up in my head at the last minute and I couldn't do it as well as I hoped. I've been kinda more involved in a family situation than spend the proper time on this. D:

And I also am afraid that it'll just boil down to "how much moon swag you got"

...I'm poor, I don't have a vast collection so that is my disadvantage, I guess. I hope that it will be more diverse in terms of everything else being included and considered.

Thank you guys though, I feel a little better, and I wish you the best~
Tsubasasan11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
SailorDJ wrote:

Tsubasasan11 wrote:

I guess I feel bad because I really had an idea and it popped up in my head at the last minute and I couldn't do it as well as I hoped. I've been kinda more involved in a family situation than spend the proper time on this. D:

And I also am afraid that it'll just boil down to "how much moon swag you got"

...I'm poor, I don't have a vast collection so that is my disadvantage, I guess. I hope that it will be more diverse in terms of everything else being included and considered.

Thank you guys though, I feel a little better, and I wish you the best~

Knowledge of the anime is essential and key to getting considered in this contest, but I believe the people in charge of the contest are also looking for sincerity, passion, and love for the series as well, even if it's not 100 words worth of information on the actual series. Just showing your interest and love for the anime in this contest is key in being considered. My friend for instance didn't even write 100 words worth. He just kept it straight to the point, only using like 30-40 words, but in it he highlighted what Sailor Moon means to him and what relation he has with the anime and characters of it. They also know how to rate the contest so that it is completely and absolutely justifiable. As long as you submitted an entry in this contest you have just as much of a chance of winning as anyone else does. Good luck!
SailorSenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
where do you go to vote for audience favorite for the Sailor Moon contest on what Sailor Moon Means to me?
Tsubasasan11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
SailorSenshi wrote:
where do you go to vote for audience favorite for the Sailor Moon contest on what Sailor Moon Means to me?

I don't think you can vote yet... not until the contest is over, maybe before the results are final. There will be some kind of notification giving all the details.

I have a question also, when is the end of the contest? Like is there a date when the contest ends or has it not been announced yet?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10