• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Anime Festival Contest

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
God, I wish that I could draw!

This should be fun. I like the idea that we can help pick the winner.
comicker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
"Each entrant agrees that if selected as a Finalist, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, conduct a background check on entrant, including, but not limited to, civil, financial, driver-history, any drug or alcohol abuse, criminal convictions and law suits - either settled or still pending. "

Did anyone else notice these terms? I guess a large convention like this may not want to be associated with someone with a criminal or drug related past, but whats up with the finanacial stuff? Are they gonna do a credit report on finalists? Very Happy
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And, after the contest is over, each and every contestant will receive a coupon for $5 off a ticket to the New York Anime Festival. Everybody wins!

I've got to believe that there will people abusing this to get $5 off, I probably would if I was going to the festival.
pixels

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
comicker wrote:
"Each entrant agrees that if selected as a Finalist, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, conduct a background check on entrant, including, but not limited to, civil, financial, driver-history, any drug or alcohol abuse, criminal convictions and law suits - either settled or still pending. "

Did anyone else notice these terms? I guess a large convention like this may not want to be associated with someone with a criminal or drug related past, but whats up with the finanacial stuff? Are they gonna do a credit report on finalists? Very Happy

That's a lot for a simple art contest, and they won't even credit you if you win. Confused
ChristianKitsune

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quote
I am think of entering...but I would definately enter if:
One: Plane ticket was paid for
two: hotel room was paid for.. ^^;
AlexiaSiuqila

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:22 am Reply with quote
I'm with ChristianKitsune on this one, though along with those two points, I'd have to question if there were any alternative prizes for those of us that can't make it there for other reasons. Like me, I happen to be leaving the U.S. for a couple of weeks, so it would make weekend passes even more useless than the place being so out of the way.

True enough, I may enter for just the possible satisfaction, but any alternative prizes really would be a good addition.
ChristianKitsune

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quote
i will probably have college finals that week.

I guess if someone enters, and they win, but can't go it will still look good on college resumes! Anime hyper
Batman3777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
pixels wrote:
comicker wrote:

That's a lot for a simple art contest, and they won't even credit you if you win. Confused

Actually, if you win, you would be announced as the winner, so technically you are getting credited for it. What I don't like is the fact that you basically give them this character for any use at any time now or in the future, regardless if you win or not. That I find... kind of rediculous actually. Oh well, I guess if you have a really good idea, dumb it down a lot so that way you can win the contest with a lame character and then publish a graphic novel with your good one once you're famous. Laughing
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I have the greatest Idea, but if only i could get it on paper. I am a pretty bad drawer, and worst part, NO photoshop. I might attempt a free download but with a computer like mine it may not be possible.
ChristianKitsune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I have an idea...I jus tneed to scan and color Anime smile I wonder if they will ever post the entries anywhere I am really interested in seeing what other people come up with.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Im downloading photoshop right now. 13h 6m remaining Anime hyperD its 4:40 maybe it will be done at like 5:30 ish. Ill see tomorrow morning at 6:30 when Im on the computer.
ChristianKitsune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I am having trouble emailing this to the Email Address they provided...I tried both Yahoo and Hotmail and neither of them work. O_o
It always comes back saying the email doesn't even exist. Anyone know who we can talk to about this problem?
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
It Timed out Crying or Very sad
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
i thought for winning you got a EVA dvd box set?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote
So which one did you guys vote for?

From the ANN page, numbering from left to right, top to bottom 1 through 10, I voted for 5.

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3