• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quote
I like the OP song.
Think that's new or I just didn't pay enough attention.
Future Lucy is currently what I'm interested in.
Erza's fight was pretty awesome as well.
I like it when she's mad!
The other fights were short, but sweet too.
New info by Future Lucy was very interesting.
Wonder how things will unfold.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 186, (2014 episode 11)

And that is what I call a solid Fairy Tail episode. A touching flashback showing Erza's kind heart and honour, as well her friendship, and that she won't let guilt get her down but will fight for people she cares about. Laxus spoiler[showing off his cool head and power], Juvia spoiler[and Gray about to team up], and someone making the big mistake of spoiler[saying that Gajeel is weaker than Natsu to his face].

I can dig this, Erza and Gajeel angry is going to be fun.

spoiler[10,000 Dragons]? That would take a lot of spoiler[Dragon Slayers], I wonder how many they could get, it would be cool if they do decide to put the title to use have one big spoiler[Dragon Slayer team]. It would be spoiler[Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy, Sting, Rogue, Laxus, and maybe even Cobra]. Also throw in spoiler[the Exceeds, and maybe Kinana if she could transform at will].
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:53 am Reply with quote
Did someone say stalling?

It was so awfully obvious the amount of recap, pointless exposition and super slow pace through the whole episode. At least the payoff was that the animation and character models for the spoiler[Erza vs Kagura] were absolutely fantastic
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Gajeel kicking ass, it's been a while!
That Rogue was full of surprises.
Future Lucy's story was interesting.
Something was fishy about her story though.
Wonder how will those events truly unfold..
The weird dolphin guy was a riot LOL ^^"
Still, the most dangerous was possessed Rogue..
He seemed pretty scary, but Gajeel topped that easily!]

Great episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 187, (2014 episode 12)

Well Natsu spoiler[ate Lightning Dragon Slayer magic and became a Fire Lightning Dragon Slayer], now Gajeel spoiler[is an Iron Shadow Dragon Slayer, and it is glorious]. Anyway I like Rogue, compared to Sting he is much more reasonable, figures spoiler[he had a dark side of some kind].

Also the castle might want to look a little harder for stronger wizards, it does seem the kingdom has a policy of hiring weirdoes though.

If they plan to change the OP next, I am probably going to miss this one, I made a special decision to focus on watching it this time and it is really catchy. Noticed that there is a flash of spoiler[Gajeel powered up].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail (2014) episode 12:

Decent episode although it felt somewhat slow to me. The balance between the comedy and the more serious parts also felt kinda oddball to me. One thing I learned from this episode is spoiler[not to piss off Gajeel though. I'm curious how to anime will adapt the rest of this and next time involving that lightning standoff.]

spoiler[Shadow Rogue]'s voice was awesome imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:10 am Reply with quote

spoiler[The new version of Gajeel was a true monster.
So much raw power, unbelievable.
Well, at least it totally payed off.
Hope we'll see him use this kind of power again.
There sure was a lot of action on all fronts this time.
Laxus has a challenge in front of him.
Can't wait to see him fight!
Great episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
That spoiler[shadow duel was pretty fast tbh but I liked how Jura was surprised at the end there. Hope Laxus can put up a good fight next time.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
The Magic Games arc is never going to end. Never. Never. Never going to end. It's been going since episode 151 and it's never going to end. Never.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 188, (2014 Episode 13)

Hmm, no new OP or ED yet, the pattern was usually in lots of 12. Also what is the point of the episode being called "Extreme Lightning" when it played such a little part of the episode? In spoiler[fact we did not even get a Dragon slayer vs God slayer lightning fight], which is a shame.

Gajeel's fight, now that was awesome, can be fun when the monster is the good guy. Laxus spoiler[vs Jura should still be a good fight], no lie that they are spoiler[two of the strongest, although it Jura] looks like more of a fight for spoiler[Gildarts to take on, although rocks against a guy who could probably walk through a mountain seem no brainer].

And I am not too happy about the spoiler[executioners butting in again]. Still enjoying everything though.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The Magic Games arc is never going to end. Never. Never. Never going to end. It's been going since episode 151 and it's never going to end. Never.

Just to make you feel more despair about it, this entire cour (13 episodes) hasn't been able to cover ONE day. Seriously, they're stalling so bad, you would think they don't have enough manga material (but they SO do). Honestly, I don't know what's going on with this new studio or whatever, but the pacing for this new series has been atrocious, and there have been very few moments that make up for all the off-model faces, eternal recap and reexposition, and generally badly animated fights (basically, just the Erza-Kagura fight and this week's Gajeel vs Rogue)
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Just to make you feel more despair about it, this entire cour (13 episodes) hasn't been able to cover ONE day.

Not entirely true. The first episode started up around the night of the fourth day. So most of the first two episodes took place on the fourth and fifth days of the tournament, with only the end of episode 177 starting up the sixth day.

Quote:
Seriously, they're stalling so bad, you would think they don't have enough manga material (but they SO do). Honestly, I don't know what's going on with this new studio or whatever, but the pacing for this new series has been atrocious, and there have been very few moments that make up for all the off-model faces, eternal recap and reexposition, and generally badly animated fights (basically, just the Erza-Kagura fight and this week's Gajeel vs Rogue)

They technically have enough manga material, but that's not really cause to blaze through as fast as possible. Nor are they stalling nearly as much as you think, or as pointlessly. To begin with, at a pace of 2 chapters per episode, the remainder of the arc was never going to be less than 20 episodes. They appear to be aiming to wrap it up in 26 episodes to sync with the change in openings/endings.

After thatspoiler[ they've got an opening for as much filler as they care to put in, and then they're out of material they can confidently adapt. Sure they have a lot of chapters, but the next arc feeds more or less directly into the current, ongoing manga arc. They probably don't want to start on either arc until it's finished.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:03 am Reply with quote
I disagree. First of all, there's nothing that's not pointless about how much the Garou Knights battles were extended, (or bringing them back now, for more shittily extended battles, for that matter), or the extremely slow pace of the Grand Magic Games. We're getting millions of super slow scenes of Mavis and Makarov commenting on absolutely nothing and inserting terribly timed gags. Even the silent pauses as characters stare at each other before battle have been horribly long. Add to that the mandatory scene with Happy and Charle discussin all of the events up until now every two episodes or so, the unnecessarily long flashbacks, etc. etc. They're stalling so bad it's becoming insufferable.

As for the remaining manga, I'm pretty sure they could deal with the spoiler[end of the games and the dragon invasion] in the next cour and there's still enough material for two more seasons, what with thespoiler[ Sun Kingdom mini arc and the beginning of Tartarus. Even if the arc isn't finished yet in the manga (and it looks like it'll take a while for it to do so, the part where Wendy and Charle stop Face or when all of Fairy Tail is devoured by Alegria] could be good stopping points before either another year-long break or a shitty filler (we've seen them with even more awkward timings), and they still wouldn't need to keep stalling this badly.
JohnDAnime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[What got me pissed off is that the Executioners came back.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail (2014) episode 14:

I'm not sure how I feel about the spoiler[new OP and ED song]. On one hand, I liked it for some of the characters in it. On the other hand, it wasn't as strong as the first OP song.

As for the episode itself, it looks like the spoiler[Magic Games are over. Grats FT. My favorite fight from the episode would probably be Laxus vs. Jura. I thought the anime might of extended it a bit though but oh well...]

From here on and out, we'll see more of the spoiler[Eclipse saga].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 34 of 57