• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
SailorSenshi wrote:
Thanks for the support, but these stories are so much cooler than mine I think.

Don't get so down, I didn't think I would be a finalist as my the last couple lines end with a joke (I'm in the first part, line 7, the one with the Sailor Mercury Wall scroll in the background).

I doubt I'm going to win any prize and if I do win the audience favorite it would be because I rallied a bunch of my fans to vote for me. (which I'm going to start doing today).

So don't get down... I'm sure you're going to make it.
i.am.erin.ishii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy reading all these stories and I'm glad ANN was able to clear things up.

Good luck to everyone who has been listed and congrats Smile
SailorSenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Where do you go to vote? Are they even still selecting people who aren't posted on the main page? I didn't see mine anywhere.
i.am.erin.ishii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
SailorSenshi wrote:
Where do you go to vote? Are they even still selecting people who aren't posted on the main page? I didn't see mine anywhere.

There's no where to vote yet because voting won't happen until the 28th if I remember correctly.

I feel that how we vote is going to be each page is going to have a voting system or you can go to the pictures individually and vote. I've never actually been a part of a voting for a contest this big before so I'm just making guesses.
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I never know which thread to post in since there's this one and the SM Contest Part 1 thread, but that thread might have various details people missed in here?
dlready87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
i.am.erin.ishii wrote:
SailorSenshi wrote:

There's no where to vote yet because voting won't happen until the 28th if I remember correctly.

I feel that how we vote is going to be each page is going to have a voting system or you can go to the pictures individually and vote. I've never actually been a part of a voting for a contest this big before so I'm just making guesses.

I would think you would be able to select the entry you want to vote for by clicking on it and it would have a "vote for" button or something. I don't know though... I hope they let us know how that's going to happen soon... maybe after all the finalists have been selected they will release the voting information.
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Gah, there are two threads Anime dazed

This sure is confusing.

Well, I'll go ahead and say here: congrats to those who have been chosen as finalists so far, and good luck to those to come Anime smile

Now that I'm reading some of these, I'm fairly certain I don't stand much a chance. Probably the only thing going for me is the fact that my image is of a hand-made plushie for a cosplay I did last year...
i.am.erin.ishii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
silentgrace7 wrote:
Gah, there are two threads Anime dazed

This sure is confusing.

Well, I'll go ahead and say here: congrats to those who have been chosen as finalists so far, and good luck to those to come Anime smile

Now that I'm reading some of these, I'm fairly certain I don't stand much a chance. Probably the only thing going for me is the fact that my image is of a hand-made plushie for a cosplay I did last year...

I think everyone's going to have a fair chance Smile

I mean teams from VIZ and Toei will be reading the entries, which is pretty cool right there heh heh ^__^
And the audience is getting the chance to vote for the ones they like, so who knows Smile
And we're all meeting new people and potentially making new friends so not everyone will leave "empty handed" x3
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Although given that ANN already put Morgan Skye's Marvel-trading-card image of "real Jupiter" on the main page, I think we have an early finalist...
Maybe not as sentimental, but emphasizes the show loyalty of us Jupiter fans. Very Happy

(Although it took a close look to see that her eyes were still green--The pic gave them a "glow" effect, and thought was supposed to play up the Storm takeoff.)

Last edited by EricJ2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
i.am.erin.ishii wrote:

I think everyone's going to have a fair chance Smile

I mean teams from VIZ and Toei will be reading the entries, which is pretty cool right there heh heh ^__^
And the audience is getting the chance to vote for the ones they like, so who knows Smile
And we're all meeting new people and potentially making new friends so not everyone will leave "empty handed" x3

Yes, I suppose your right.

Sorry for the pessimism. I think I'm just a bit too used to scholarship searches ^^" (now those are just gruesome to wait on >_>" Any even more devastating when you find out all that waiting was for nothing)
Deedlet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Hmm for some reason I can't seem to select "Part 3" for the contest. I can see part 1,2 & 4 but every time I click on link 3 it doesn't go to it.
Is anyone having the same issue?
dlready87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Deedlet wrote:
Hmm for some reason I can't seem to select "Part 3" for the contest. I can see part 1,2 & 4 but every time I click on link 3 it doesn't go to it.

It's a broken link, they should be fixing it... they do state on the page:

"Editor's note: Due to a technical difficulty, "Part 3" will be posted after "Part 4." Additionally, "Part 2" is the second half of what was initially posted as "Part 1." So you haven't missed anything!"

So hopefully it will be up shortly, along with more finalists, we hope! Smile
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Isn't that Jupiter drawing by Leandro Franci (LeandroFranci on DeviantART) ? I thought the image had to be original and not someone else's ...
Deedlet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
dlready87 wrote:
Deedlet wrote:

It's a broken link, they should be fixing it... they do state on the page:

"Editor's note: Due to a technical difficulty, "Part 3" will be posted after "Part 4." Additionally, "Part 2" is the second half of what was initially posted as "Part 1." So you haven't missed anything!"

So hopefully it will be up shortly, along with more finalists, we hope! Smile

Oh thank you so much! I don't know how I missed that Embarassed
SailorSenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm so lost here. Are they still choosing finalists, and my entry will appear? I'm just so confused. Confused
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10