• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
SailorSenshi wrote:
I'm so lost here. Are they still choosing finalists, and my entry will appear? I'm just so confused. Confused

They are still in the process of posting all of the people who made it through the first round :3 Probably mostly getting rid of people whose entries didn't meet the requirements and whatnot.

If I recall right, there were presumably going to be around 500 finalists in this round? Either that or that number just came to my head from out of nowhere. If that's the case, though, we're waiting on about 6 more "parts" (not including the elusively broken part 3).
SailorSenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Typo. My entry may still be in the running?
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Isn't that Jupiter drawing by Leandro Franci (LeandroFranci on DeviantART) ? I thought the image had to be original and not someone else's ...

Ah. Yes. That would be the one. Confused
(Well, too bad LF didn't enter.)

For those who want the whole collection, btw:
http://lenadrofranci.deviantart.com/art/Sailor-Saturn-284765399
http://lenadrofranci.deviantart.com/art/Sailor-Moon-Collected-209509585
(I love Franci's expression on Venus capturing both the Romantic Miss-Perfect and the Impulsive Frootloop. And yes, it's hard to do an American-comic Usagi, but dang, that's close!) Anime smile
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Isn't that Jupiter drawing by Leandro Franci (LeandroFranci on DeviantART) ? I thought the image had to be original and not someone else's ...

(I love Franci's expression on Venus capturing both the Romantic Miss-Perfect and the Impulsive Frootloop. And yes, it's hard to do an American-comic Usagi, but dang, that's close!) Anime smile

I always have issues describing Venus as a character, so I give you major thanks for using that description right there...xD
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:

Haha, yeah. I love this guys works! I was surprised to see his Jupiter featured. I think ANN should not use this image as their feature image cause its being used without the artist's permission. :/
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
May I make a suggestion to ANN? Can we somehow fix the way the images are viewed? Like you just click on a pic and it advances or the page stays stable. Every time I scroll through to a pic the page moves up or down and you have to constantly scroll up or down just to advance. Just want to mention this provided it was made aware.

Noted. Thank you for the feedback.
Chocolate Misu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy I'm just too thrilled to see my entry make it into part 3!

I am confused on what happened in my text tho.
Quote:
in 2002…

The spots with those symbols were supposed to be a simple "..." Laughing

PS - Sade Wilson's cake looks way too beautiful to eat ;o;

Last edited by Chocolate Misu on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:

Haha, yeah. I love this guys works! I was surprised to see his Jupiter featured. I think ANN should not use this image as their feature image cause its being used without the artist's permission. :/

I'm contacting the owner of the image to see if he submitted it. At this point I expect that the answer is "No" and the submitter will be immediately removed.

-t
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:

I'm contacting the owner of the image to see if he submitted it. At this point I expect that the answer is "No" and the submitter will be immediately removed.

-t

Thanks a lot for taking the time to make sure! (:
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I noticed in Part 3 of today's entries, one of the submissions was this piece by Naoko Takeuchi herself: http://i.imgur.com/JxORKOl.jpg

Is that allowed? Just want to help make sure things are fair for everybody!
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
It looks like that image is a poster from the looks of it. When created our entries, it did say that we couldn't use anything that was bootlegged, offensive, etc...

If this is an official poster, i'm assuming that it'd be okay... but don't take my word for it.
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
sakurablossom143 wrote:
It looks like that image is a poster from the looks of it. When created our entries, it did say that we couldn't use anything that was bootlegged, offensive, etc...

If this is an official poster, i'm assuming that it'd be okay... but don't take my word for it.

Sakura, I've been trying to figure this out for a couple days now--is your picture from Shugo Chara?

I agree--it does say that unpermitted fanart and bootleg work is not allowed, but official work is because otherwise you wouldn't be able to post your stuff (ie: posters, plushies, replicas, etc).
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
silentgrace7 wrote:
sakurablossom143 wrote:

Sakura, I've been trying to figure this out for a couple days now--is your picture from Shugo Chara?

I agree--it does say that unpermitted fanart and bootleg work is not allowed, but official work is because otherwise you wouldn't be able to post your stuff (ie: posters, plushies, replicas, etc).

Yes, my avatar is from Shugo Chara, utau hoshina. I've been too lazy to change it lol
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
sakurablossom143 wrote:
silentgrace7 wrote:
sakurablossom143 wrote:

Yes, my avatar is from Shugo Chara, utau hoshina. I've been too lazy to change it lol

Ah, alright~ I knew it had to be Shugo Chara, or at least something from Peach Pit (although most of Peach Pit's characters don't have the doe-sized eyes lol).

I suppose now that I have become slightly integrated in this website I should probably add a picture~ Maybe a pikachu with a mustache, since that has almost become a trademark item for me. Hm...
dlready87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote
Part 5 of the finalists are up, but it's not connected to the same page as the others... like, it doesn't have the "Part 1, Part 2..."etc tabs at the top for easy navigation. I hope this will be fixed shortly.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10