• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah that is Golden Time. That was one of the flashback scenes.
pibburns

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:11 am Reply with quote
fataliz wrote:
This is a one episode anime, probably a movie.

It starts off with school kids visiting a space shuttle on an excursion. One kid accidentally triggers a switch, and they are all propelled to space. They land on this planet, and start to realise they are not the only ones. Something is killing them off, and worse still, the own crew onboard are turning against each other.

The last part of the movie ends off with a few kids travelling in a cart on rail, to a temple.

I probably watched it anyway between 1988 - 1995. I really really appreciate you reading this. thanks Smile

A few more details might help jog the memories of folks here.

In what country and what language did you see this film? Was it subtitled? Did you see it on television, in a movie theater, in school, in a club? If it was on television, do you remember the channel? Do you recall if any musical themes sounded borrowed from other sources (e.g., well-known folk tunes, jazz, classical, etc.)?

Some of the plot points match the mid-80s series Ginga Hyōryū Vifam, but I don't believe that was ever licensed outside Japan. Vifam had 46 episodes and several OVA episodes which I have not seen.

Another partial match is Mujin Wakusei Survive (Uninhabited Planet Survive), a 52 episode series from 2003, which is too recent and too long to be what you're trying to recall. Survive had both Portuguese and Spanish dubs, and was presented on Animax in Latin America in 2007 or so.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:29 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Google images says it's Golden Time but I don't remember that scene. Then again, I skimmed through the series. The female character's design certainly reminds me of the show though.

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Yeah that is Golden Time. That was one of the flashback scenes.

Thank you both. Smile
dark omni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys, theres a song in the newer episodes of Fairy Tail (2014) during the re-cap of the last episode before the Actual opening....Episode 10 and 13 (185 and 188 if you consider it one full series) that I bothered to check. Anyway its like a Celtic/Irish Rock too it like most of the other songs but it's a bit different and catchy, if anyone happens to know it that would be great! Thank you!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:50 am Reply with quote
dark omni wrote:
Hey guys, theres a song in the newer episodes of Fairy Tail (2014) during the re-cap of the last episode before the Actual opening....Episode 10 and 13 (185 and 188 if you consider it one full series) that I bothered to check. Anyway its like a Celtic/Irish Rock too it like most of the other songs but it's a bit different and catchy, if anyone happens to know it that would be great! Thank you!

Was actually loading the episode, and I have got some of the soundtrack songs of FT, so I could help.

Although not exactly the same, it sounds a lot like Fairy Tail Main Theme, just type that into YouTube and you can have a listen to it. Invoke Magic also sounds very similar. I don't know if I am allowed to link, but you should be able to find them to listen yourself by searching on YouTube, it also only part of the first Soundtrack, which is what I have access to, so I may not be sure about later renditions.
DOS4dinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Hello. Does anybody know what anime this cel is from? 'twas in a lot with some others. Looks cool...just wish I knew what it was Smile

Thanks in advance!
Sorry if image comes out too large or something; looked okay in the preview. Deeply sorry if any forum rules were broken Sad
dark omni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
dark omni wrote:

Was actually loading the episode, and I have got some of the soundtrack songs of FT, so I could help.

Although not exactly the same, it sounds a lot like Fairy Tail Main Theme, just type that into YouTube and you can have a listen to it. Invoke Magic also sounds very similar. I don't know if I am allowed to link, but you should be able to find them to listen yourself by searching on YouTube, it also only part of the first Soundtrack, which is what I have access to, so I may not be sure about later renditions.

Yeah they do sound similar but turns out they aren't the exact one, the first released soundtrack is for the original series of Fairy Tail, I believe up to a certain extent of the anime If I'm not mistaken its up to the Edolas arc, one of the last songs on the soundtrack is Erza vs Erza. Though some of the songs are carried over I think this is a new track, unless it is a remix. However the theme and Invoke magic are both really good so thank you for that Very Happy
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Question, what's up with Animax Asia? Don't they air a lot in countries who don't have English as an official language? How come those dubs never seem to come over here (ok, I was poking around youtube, I can't tell if I dislike the dubs because I'm used to the US voices on some of them, but then again, I did look up Toward the Terra's and Jomy sounded ok, but no one else. Also, I think Fantastic Children's god-awful dub came from Asia), but for shows that have an Animax dub but not a US one (like Toward the Terra), how come we don't get their dubs for those? I think Answerman said that Discotek keeps getting old dubs because they don't really have a license per se so they're kind of free for alls, but does that perhaps not apply to things that are actively under license, so that's why we don't get them (and because American companies want us to listen to the US dubs anyway)?
That reminds me, NISA's Cardcaptor Sakura release will have a dub, but the US only dubbed the butchered Cardcaptors as far as I know, are they using the Animax dub or something?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
@classicalzawa
If I remember correctly, the dub on Card Captors Sakura is the Animax dub. However, NISA is officially offering the show as sub only. The dub is considered an extra which should tell you something of the quality.

As to your other questions, I can't answer them, but I can't remember anyone having anything good to say about the Animax dubs. Assessments range from so-so to awful.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
English is an official language in Hong Kong, Singapore and the Phillippines and is widely spoken in Malaysia and most other SE Asian countries as well. I guess it's probably easier for Animax to dub the shows into English, that way they can sell them to multiple markets, rather than having to dub them into smaller languages.

A small aside, but when I was in India, one of the hotels I stayed in had Animax India on the satellite TV. I watched a couple of dubbed episodes of Inuyasha. I don't know if that was an Animax dub or not, but a glance at the encyclopedia here says not.
Junior2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully someone will be able to help me find the title of an anime series I saw the first season years ago. I don't remember the name of the series but it had a naval ship going down a river. There are 5 (?) girls that protect the ship from the enemy by using enhanced armor suits but don't get along as a team while fighting. The first series begins with a new Teacher coming on board to replace the previous teacher that was killed. It takes awhile but he gets the girls to work as a team and they gain better combat skills and use of the suits. I think the first season had a one word title (?). I never got to see the second season which might have a different title than the first season.

I hope someone will be able to help me out. Laughing
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Junior2 wrote:
Hopefully someone will be able to help me find the title of an anime series I saw the first season years ago. I don't remember the name of the series but it had a naval ship going down a river. There are 5 (?) girls that protect the ship from the enemy by using enhanced armor suits but don't get along as a team while fighting. The first series begins with a new Teacher coming on board to replace the previous teacher that was killed. It takes awhile but he gets the girls to work as a team and they gain better combat skills and use of the suits. I think the first season had a one word title (?). I never got to see the second season which might have a different title than the first season.

Sounds something like Lime-iro Senkitan and its sequel Lime-iro Ryukitan X.
Junior2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll check it out. Very Happy Very Happy
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
When I open a thread the ads on the left and right disappear and the center shifts to the left. Is anyone else having this problem?
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
You should probably post that in the Bugs and Technical Questions forum.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 483 of 569