• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Retail] First Dear Brother set now available for pre-order on Right Stuf

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Link here, courtesy of @bonnkansan and @otakureview.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
This mean that more sets of the series will be released in the near future? My assumption was that only those involved in the Kickstarter projects for physical media releases got sets of whatever Anime Sols snagged licensing rights for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
It is likely that everything Anime Sols offers will be available on retail. According to the podcast, they routinely order 1000 sets. They are obligated for substantially less. He sounded more than happy to offer them to online retailers and to sell from the site. It will probably cost a bit more. Of course if a set doesn't meet its pledge goal, nobody gets it.

I didn't pledge for the remaining sets of Creamy Mami until after I had received the first set from RACS and watched it. The cost was the same except I had to pay sales tax as I live in the same state as RACS.

On the other hand, Animeigo has closed orders for the Bubblegum Crisis Blu-rays. At this point you have to get on a wait list to see if there are any extras.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I'll hang back for now and see what gets released of the series. If the whole series is released, I may be tempted to snag the box sets. Otherwise, I see no point in snagging partial sets of a series that a distributor won't fully release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Reportedly, the entire series has been funded. At this point, they are obligated to actually issue the entire series baring disaster.

Keep in mind that this is not a normal company. When all three sets are available, it is likely they will bundle them together for sale. I really doubt they will repackage them into a single set like Funimation would though.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Keep in mind that this is not a normal company. When all three sets are available, it is likely they will bundle them together for sale. I really doubt they will repackage them into a single set like Funimation would though.

I'm aware of that much. What I meant was having all three sets available at once so I can get them in one snag. I normally don't buy a series unless I know for absolute certain that I can get the whole series in one snag. I would hate to snag a series that is still being released in sets and then find out it gets canned in the middle of its run by a distributor due either to low sales, some sort of dispute with licensing agreements or said distributor going out of business.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
Ggultra: Well, those shouldn't be factors in this case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1