• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Entries Part 15

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starlightslk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:28 am Reply with quote
It's a shame they had a deadline to be registered by in order to be able to vote but it was not mentioned anywhere in the main article about the contest only in the forums, which I didn't even realize we're here till the finalists started to be posted…^^; My guess is that there are a lot of people that had no clue (like me & waited until their entry was shown as a finalist in order to register for the forums…it was because I've been really busy with work & am currently away for a job, doing anything on my phone is trickier than when I'm home XP).

I am utterly ecstatic that actually made it into the finalists! \Anime smallmouth/ (pg15/last page, 5th row up or down, 2nd one in - the one with the black BG, wands, & me in cosplay)
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, all props to whoever selected the finalists and whoever is tasked with choosing the winners. Not because I necessarily agree with any/all choices, but because there are seriously people in here that did NOT make the cut and you still have fifteen PAGES of entries that DID "make the cut"? I mean, holy cow, how many of these things did the ANN team have to dig through?

(To be totally honest, when the posted entries got to like EIGHT pages I just assumed they were posting everything (that wasn't disqualified))
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
Starlightslk wrote:
It's a shame they had a deadline to be registered by in order to be able to vote but it was not mentioned anywhere in the main article about the contest only in the forums, which I didn't even realize we're here till the finalists started to be posted…^^; My guess is that there are a lot of people that had no clue (like me & waited until their entry was shown as a finalist in order to register for the forums…it was because I've been really busy with work & am currently away for a job, doing anything on my phone is trickier than when I'm home XP).

I am utterly ecstatic that actually made it into the finalists! \Anime smallmouth/ (pg15/last page, 5th row up or down, 2nd one in - the one with the black BG, wands, & me in cosplay)

They mention it in the short summary of the article that takes you directly to the voting page for Parts 1-8 and Parts 9-15.

Quote:
Please note: To discourage ballot stuffing, voting is only available to users who registered before the voting started

Congrats on becoming a finalist! Very Happy
Cosmo Moore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone provide me with a link to the voting for the second round? I cannot seem to find it anywhere...

Thanks!!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Cosmo Moore wrote:
Can anyone provide me with a link to the voting for the second round? I cannot seem to find it anywhere...

Here's the link:

animenewsnetwork.com/survey/422/
Cosmo Moore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the link Mr. Oshawott! I really appreciate it!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
@Cosmo Moore

You're welcome. Smile

Oh...Just be aware that you can't vote if your account was made after the voting started- Tempest limited the voting to only those that were registered before the opening of the voting contest to reduce the chance of ballot-stuffing.
MalContent725

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I thought the winners were supposed to be announced yesterday, but I guess I was mistaken. Has the date been mentioned anywhere, or did I just miss it?
Tsubasasan11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I am so anxious to see who is going to win this contest. I am excited for the winners! I think it would be such an honor to be a winner of a contest that is all about such an amazing and beautiful anime/manga series such as Sailor Moon. Two of my entries qualified in this contest so I am ecstatic and so happy that I was privileged to make it as far as I did and to be listed with so many well done and beautiful entries. Smile It kind of makes me wonder what my odds are though seeing how the contest is based on votes from registered users rather than being selected exclusively by the creators of this contest. The odds of people taking the time to scroll down the large list of finalists and selecting mine which is nowhere near the top is unlikely. But like everyone who qualified I remain hopeful until the final conclusion of the contest. Smile
Rainsan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Wow, all props to whoever selected the finalists and whoever is tasked with choosing the winners. Not because I necessarily agree with any/all choices, but because there are seriously people in here that did NOT make the cut and you still have fifteen PAGES of entries that DID "make the cut"? I mean, holy cow, how many of these things did the ANN team have to dig through?

(To be totally honest, when the posted entries got to like EIGHT pages I just assumed they were posting everything (that wasn't disqualified))

i seriously thought this too! But i was at 70ish words and wasnt selected even though i met all the requirements. and i heard several other people say the same thing. but youre right, it seems CRAZY that these werent just ALL the ones that followed the rules there are so many!
I cant wait to see who ANN selected as the winners. Were only voting for audience fav and thats just one prize. Srsly going to be hard for them.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Out of all the entries, I really would like Bemi Tellove to win.

I entered this contest too, but, her entry sums up...everyone, imo...lol
Rainsan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
if were talking about who we think is gonna win things i feel like Sable Point was most creative on page 7. she photoshopped herself to the size of her dolls and is interacting with them. I was very impressed with that idea.

As for the others, i wouldnt want to be the one who has to pick lol too many cool ones
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:40 am Reply with quote
Any announcement of the finalists who made it to the 2nd round yet? Voting for that one starts tomorrow if I'm not mistaken...
chikkinpotpi667

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY ENTRY

animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2014-06-26/what-does-sailor-moon-mean-to-you/entries/3/.75941#gallery_top

This image was 100% created by me, took me an entire day of re-doing makeup to come up with these designs, so much that my face was raw by the end of it. Yet that is NOT MY NAME and that is NOT MY 100 WORD ENTRY. I don't know who in your website stole my image and put their own name to credit it, but i will NOT be stepped on!!!

I DON'T EVEN LIKE SAILOR MARS!! NOR DID I MEET MY BEST FRIEND BY DRAWING SAILOR MOON FANART!!

Whoever has done this should be ashamed, that is NOT the sailor senshi way!
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote
chikkinpotpi667 wrote:
SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY ENTRY

animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2014-06-26/what-does-sailor-moon-mean-to-you/entries/3/.75941#gallery_top

This image was 100% created by me, took me an entire day of re-doing makeup to come up with these designs, so much that my face was raw by the end of it. Yet that is NOT MY NAME and that is NOT MY 100 WORD ENTRY. I don't know who in your website stole my image and put their own name to credit it, but i will NOT be stepped on!!!

I DON'T EVEN LIKE SAILOR MARS!! NOR DID I MEET MY BEST FRIEND BY DRAWING SAILOR MOON FANART!!

Whoever has done this should be ashamed, that is NOT the sailor senshi way!

Unfortunately, that link just takes us back to the main post. This should be taken with the higher ups before they do anything else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5