• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) irregular at magic high school (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
So it's only for the sake of the rich getting richer... Yeah, completely meaningless then.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
I just now realized something. the shot at the end of the OP with Suzaku and Tatsuya pointing their CAD guns at each other looks cool, but would that actually do anything?

I kinda feel sorry for Tatsuya. he's doing his best to avoid all the praise everyone's giving him, but it's not working
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I kinda feel sorry for Tatsuya. he's doing his best to avoid all the praise everyone's giving him, but it's not working

That's his flaw. He can't contain his awesomeness.

I read the first book (cause I have nothing better to do). It portrays him much better. He's no less awesome, but being privy to his thought processes, how he analyzes and reacts to other people, does make him come across as a quite troubled person. However I can't tell if it's wholly intentional or the author is just as socially awkward.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14:

Surprise! Actually a pretty good episode, IMO the best so far of the season. We indulged in only about 30 seconds of complementing Tatsuya and it seems that the plot improves from having the 3rd High School supermen walking onto the set.

Tatsuya & Mitsuki: looking pretty sexy there in the new OP and ED. In a brother-sister kind of way of course. spoiler[Yeah, right.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I finally caught up to this show and I have nothing to add. Except why is Aoba from Buddy Complex in this show? They even have the same VA lol.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
Masaki doesn't really look like Aoba, though. As everyone's pointed out for awhile, he's Suzaku (as voiced by Kirito).

No matter how awesome Tatsuya is, Juumonji can see through his BS and put him in his place. Also, Tatsuya's not-so-awesome at keeping secrets since people keep figuring them out.

New opening's pretty decent, though nowhere close to the first one. For awhile I've been wondering if they'd cover Yokohama considering how much time they're spending on the NSC, but the opening confirms it. I just hope they divided up the episode count well enough.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
I liked the old OP song better than the new one. But for the ED song, I liked the new one better than the old one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I kinda forgot about the ending since I always skipped it.

The match between spoiler[Shizuku and Miyuki] was more extensive in the novel, though I guess it really would be pretty short when you remove most of the exposition. spoiler[Shizuku] might have lost, but spoiler[she can be proud knowing she was the only one who managed to damage one of Miyuki's pillars.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 14

Should I feel dumb that I only figured out when the small girl was looking at the facts that the spoiler[engineer that she liked and the one he said made his guns, was actually him and thus he is actually pretty famous]?

I like Shizuku more than Miyuki so I was happy with the focus on her in this episode, her spoiler[not be the unquestionable best] is also a plus for her character. I do have to question the fairness of the spoiler[elimination tournament if people who would deserve a high place get eliminated by someone markedly above the rest, especially from their own school team.]

Must be pretty shitty for the competition staff cannot even protect the participants. And the idea of usingspoiler[ shadows when everyone expected the same trick] was kind of obvious.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:06 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Should I feel dumb that I only figured out when the small girl was looking at the facts that the spoiler[engineer that she liked and the one he said made his guns, was actually him and thus he is actually pretty famous]?

If you're talking about her figuring out that spoiler[Tatsuya is (half of) Taurus Silver], yeah, that was revealed a couple of episodes ago. If not, then I'm dumb because I don't know what you're referring to. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
Poor Tatsuya just can't get people hop off his dick.

Of course he feels spoiler[obligated to win the match but since mister Redhead Prince is competing if they win there is likely to be people pestering him even more.] I'd imagine his secret will be out pretty soon. He isn't very careful. In my opinion it would be nice if one of the people who's CAD he was working on got somewhat frustrated with how much they are now able to do with his help. I mean he's basically the only reason they stand a chance now. I'd be questioning whether it's my own skill or simply his engineering that made me win. But alas it seems that's not the case.

New OP & ED: Not bad as i do like the songs but why do Tatsuya and Miyuki have to be naked together in BOTH of them? Not to mention the ending is basically implying sex with that image of Tatsuya flying through Miyuki lol.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:45 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
In my opinion it would be nice if one of the people who's CAD he was working on got somewhat frustrated with how much they are now able to do with his help. I mean he's basically the only reason they stand a chance now. I'd be questioning whether it's my own skill or simply his engineering that made me win.

Not that I am entirely against it, but there has been some focus that he takes advantage of the specialties they have. That his talent makes even using the CAD's difficult for him.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I thought a couple of the girls had been questioning their own abilities, but Tatsuya gently and awesomely reassured them that he couldn't do it without them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
What Tatsuya is essentially doing is making each CAD fit better to its user. So he's enabling everyone to draw out 100% of their power, whereas a sub-par tuning job might only allow them to use 99%.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15:

Well I didn't expect to see that: somebody calls out Miyuki as the "queen bro-con."

Everything else was pretty much as expected. spoiler[Awesome].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 33