• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Captain Earth (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
And here I go again, hoping for Bones. But deep down I know they'll throw a cheap story with good character design. Darker Than Black, Bones, that's what you can do well. Get back to it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 14

Kind of confused, didn't they already know spoiler[that Hana was pretty much the trigger to a giant gun]? I know in the scenes leading up to the event I was thinking that they should spoiler[ask Hana if she could stop it.] I do wonder what the deal with her spoiler[crying over him though, like did she kiss him and was upset over what she saw, like thinking he is so pure that she was pondering if it would be better to put him out of his misery].

Funnily enough when Hana suddenly spoiler[decided to go for a bath my response was that there went his restraint, but he held in]. And yes he was holding a spoiler[pillow over his lap], probably nothing, but still an observation.

Cute episode which was pretty good compared to some others. Akari almost looks like she is always relaxing, but I guess they have managed to block the enemies, and it is not like the resident "magical girl" is not competent, she somehow gets them where they are needed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

Three spoiler[kisses, and Hana becomes badass]. Yes, Hana spoiler[might actually be cooler than Daichi and Teppei], especially since the preview seems to show spoiler[her in a mech also]. Personally never liked Hana in the position of innocent girl who barely know what is going on, recent development is improving her.

About Pitz.... probably bad timing as today my spoiler[dog had to go to the vet because she was just lying down, seemed to be in pain, and her life looks to be in danger]. It is something I am trying to not think about right now.
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I initially didn't like the fact that Hana didn't do much of anything, but now I retrospectively do because it very much heightened the impact of her becoming badass (which was very impactful and VERY badass Very Happy).

The Triple Kiss was one of the coolest things I've seen recently. It's just unique and interesting directing; I've never seen anything like that done before. I really like how the kisses all convey deep (and very different) meaning in addition the surface meanings that kissing normally conveys]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15:

Probably one of the best episodes so far in this series. We get spoiler[three kisses but each of them had a different meaning. Hana's ability surprised me somewhat as well.]

I think judging by the PV of the next episode, those spoiler[Planetary Gear guys are really going to make their moves collectively.] I hope everyone will be ready because I don't think they will show any mercy at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Man, just think how obnoxious it would have been spoiler[for Puck if CEO dude fell over forward, instead of into the chair.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Puck spoiler[wanted that secretary]. I'm sure he'd find a way to manage
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
So does this make it like the 11th time these evil guys have failed? Seriously quit your day job already. You clearly suck at being evil. They are a complete joke at this point.

This whole ordeal was solved pretty easily like i expected but the spoiler[three way kiss was surprising.] Still Daichi and Hana's relationship is seriously underdeveloped imo. spoiler[It makes no sense why she is is spewing lines about how she loves him so much when they have barely had any meaningful interactions at this point. The romantic elements have been pretty lazily put together.] So i could care less about that particular pairing. Teppai and Akari is something I hope happens though. Embarassed
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16:

And another week of spoiler[Hana kicking some booty!] Cool. This episode was action packed and it's what I expected after seeing last week's preview. So the spoiler[Planetary Gears are on the move again...]

On another note, I like how spoiler[Puck says "PUCK does not lie". I wonder how many times we'll be hearing that from him after possessing the body of that Masaki Kube guy.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

Yep, Hana is kind of awesome.

And apparently spoiler[Puck is manipulating the Planetary gears]. So we actually have a number of different groups.

Surprise reveal that next week will see the spoiler[return of belly button forte].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

So when does Salty Dog find out that they are senseless bad guys. and they really should stop. Their spoiler[cool technology was pretty much used by the enemy, putting the Earth at risk through making it even harder for it's Captain], and they were spoiler[saved by the members they think that they don't need]. Clearly spoiler[not next episode] based on the preview, where apparently they spoiler[duke it out in the outback].

Akari openly said spoiler[that she was only pretending to do the Belly Button Forte for Pitz]. Laughing Regardless she is entertaining. I kind of liked the scene it how it gave the feeling that they wanted to see Hana again, but they were staying positive.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

Salty Dog lady: "If you seriously expect an Independent Attack Force comprised of children to accomplish anything I must question your sanity"

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT! But then again a lot of mech anime seems to have the fate of the world left up to a bunch of kids while the adults don't do much.

Let's attack all at once? Now why on earth would you do something as smart as that evil dudes? It's not like going in pairs or alone hasn't been working for the past 17 episodes right?!! Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 18

Not often that I get to see my own country in anime, Daichi saying that is not cold even though its winter, well yeah you are in the desert. Being the middle its mostly desert, not much except for road kill, some small towns (I would guess near Alice Springs), and interestingly enough I think there is some facilities out there to look into space. Hana's spoiler[curiosity into parents] was kind of sweet here.

Don't think I have mentioned this before but I quite like the ED they have been using. It has a very comic book style and I like the singing lining up with the words, I think it is maybe Heroman I am kind of reminded of.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
Daichi was pretty cool spoiler[ but all that "you're gonna lose something important one day" talk sure sounded like some heavy foreshadowing...]

I also found it strangely amusing that Puck seems to spoiler[...um...enjoy his newly acquired body a bit too much, but is completely oblivious about everything else concerning relationships.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 20

Very Happy Yay! Super romantic episode. First with spoiler[Daichi and Hana at the beginning: "What? No wake-up kiss?"] And later really spoiler[good with Akari and Teppei, the kiss was perfect.]

I really think the show does better in these aspects than it does in action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10