• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
F-Man: There is a market for Tatsunoko anime here. It's just that the 'fans' who requested Polymar were trolling Sols.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote
I was excited to hear they got it at first (I wasn't part of the group that requested it, I didn't know about them at the time), but some people probably asked for it blindly. When I actually watched the first episode I was like "this is.... kind of terrible" so some people must've gotten shock at that.
It's possible that there just wasn't enough people who requested it to make that goal no matter what, even if they all pledged. They would've needed outside people like me who didn't find the show to their liking.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
zawa: Oh, I'm sure they flooded the survey, demanding that Sols picked it up. It's the same kind of shit AOD'ers used to pull on forums.

Anyway, this one's more of a charity, but don't forget to help out the poor Japanese animators to get their dorms. The crowdfunder is only about halfway done, with only a little over 10 days left to reach its goal.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
How does one find or keep track of manga/comic/anime/animation related projects on Kickstarter and Indiegogo?

I don't see a subscription or notification system for categories
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:07 am Reply with quote
Only a week and $3,400 left to support those animator dormitories.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote
DMP's Captain Ken Kickstarter is up!
I'm debating which tier I should go for. Some benefits for everyone include that if you bring proof you backed this Kickstarter to 2014 cons, they'll give you a booth discount. It's also possible to get some of the previous Tezuka Kickstarter books while you're at it (one comes with Triton 1&2 and Atomcat). Stretch Goals do not yet include more Tezuka, but here's hoping! They have some pretty cool goods there, including a decal, bandana, and messenger bag (and a handmade plush, but those are going fast)
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
I just stuck up $35 for the 2 Captain Ken books.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:26 am Reply with quote
Anyone wanna help a certain Prince of Tennis assistant artist afford a one-day trip to SDCC? Thanks to @jeridel for the link.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 am Reply with quote
Sweet, our Dear, Brother set 1s are about to ship out! Next week they say. Note that this only applies if you ordered it all on its own, if you got it as an add-on, you'll have to wait for said set to come out (as I found out with my Black Jack set 2 with set 1 added). Creamy Mami 2 check discs have also come in.

Captain Ken has less than $200 to go, I will have my Tezuka, dammit!
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Sweet, our Dear, Brother set 1s are about to ship out! Next week they say.

The same email contains the line "stay tuned for the ANNCast week after next for an announcement about our next project".

After two months of silence I'll be curious as to what they'll be doing next.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
Sols just posted on their FB that Dear Brother 1 is shipping out this week. Also, they're currently reviewing Mami 2 check discs.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1381502542/robotech-academy
Quote:
Robotech Academy, a new Robotech series based on Carl Macek's last project at Harmony Gold

Introduction

In 1985, the animated series known as Robotech hit the airwaves in the United States and became an overnight sensation. Combining fast-paced giant robot action with some genuinely mature drama, it was a breath of fresh air for many children who had gotten tired of the usual cartoons on TV at the time. For many fans, it was their first exposure to Japanese anime, and is often credited with starting the anime industry in the US. It spawned over twenty novels, hundreds of comics, video games and dozens of home video releases all over the world.

Carl Macek, the producer of Robotech, was recently working with Harmony Gold on Robotech: Academy. This new series set in the Robotech universe follows several new cadets in their adventures around the universe. We are reaching out to our fans to make this a reality!

The Goals

The Robotech Academy Kickstarter will allow us to gauge how much of a new Robotech series we could actually produce based on Carl's original premise. We are setting our initial goal at $500,000 which will allow us to create an entire 24 minute pilot episode. This will help us cover character design, mecha design, 3D modeling, 3D animation, 2D animation, screenwriting, sound engineering, music composition, casting, voice acting and recording. This will also afford us a foundation on which to build future episodes.

Rewards

Thanks to new technological advances, we're able to get our fans involved in ways Carl had only dreamed about before. Back in the 90's Carl Macek mused that the internet could be used to raise funds for new shows. Now with Kickstarter we're able to offer rewards such as attending a premiere of Robotech Academy, attending recording sessions with the actors, and even having your likeness animated and appear in the final footage! For anyone who wanted to be an anime character, now's your chance!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/230/315/99cc1fbaaebad2a8afb26814719b1b20_large.jpg?1404472776

We're looking forward to working on Robotech Academy with contributions from you, our fans!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/231/380/63a8bb62108f14884ba28c6987f15320_large.jpg?1404496455
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Harmony Gold wants people to give them money.

The company that pretty much sat on the release of the original Macross series for years without doing anything with it..... actually wants people to give them money.

Here, Harmony Gold. This is my response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

You'd be better off donating your money to THIS Kickstarter.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
They want people to fund the project for them because they have no capital of their own. So even if it fails big time, it's no biggie when you're only wasting other people's money.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
walw: Yeah, I hear they're hurting for cash ever since Robotech flopped big time in the 80s. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 30