• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Entries Part 1

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Sparklychick wrote:
silentgrace7 wrote:
I guess changing the other voice actors wouldn't bother me as much as if they changed Usagi's. I started rewatching the series earlier this year, and for about a quarter of Sailor Moon R her voice was slightly off and it drove me nuts >< So it would have been a major slap in the face had they changed the voice actor altogether. There were some variances throughout the seasons in the other actors' voices, but they didn't seem to bother me as much.

Usagi's voice actress was sick for about 7 or 8 episodes; the girl who did her voice is thr same girl who did Chibi-usa's. Supringly Usagi's voice actress also did Chibi-Chibi's voice (she is so cute) I have to say I relate to Hotaru the best since she has seizures in season 3 (I have Epilepsy) she had headaches (same as me) plus I like her personality both in the manga and anime; I hope her voice actress returns. Rei's original voice actress retired.

Oh wow, that's pretty cool :U I didn't realize they were all voiced by the same people. And I figured as such--it made me twitch a little althesame, lol

It's really neat that you're able to relate to Hotaru so well. I have tried to decide which character in the show I relate to most, but I fail entirely ^^" Then again, I can't hardly ever find a character I relate to in any anime. The only two I can think of are Hachiken from Silver Spoon and Haruhi from Ouran Host Club.
Swirlyd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
Silentgrace all of stars was on bakabt with really good fansubs, but it may not be there now that they are licensed.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
Due to a single report of over-quoting, I had decided to go through the entire thread and ended up deleting a total of 47 posts that were violating this rule, as well as placing the users most guilty of said infraction on Moderated status. Please do not over-quote. If you continue to do so, I will not be nice and edit your posts for you, and they will, instead, be thrown into the Locked/Deleted/Trash forum.

Last edited by Tony K. on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
I apologize for the trouble, sir. I tried to keep mine trimmed down, but I probably forgot some from time to time ^^"

Swirly, thank you. I'll have to check there Smile And if all else fails I'll sneak into my friends house and kidnap her dvd set ;D lol.
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know when the finalists for the last voting will be up
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I think ANN's still waiting to hear from Viz?

Sparklychick wrote:
I thought Neon Alley costed money...

Nope, Neon Alley is more or less the same as Hulu, just on Viz's site. I watched Crystal Act 1 on CrunchyRoll (in HD) and it was glorious.
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I know the first act was amazing. so many people were complaining about the art style but I honestly love it
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
It was rather gorgeous, if you ask me. I was sort of negative when I saw the art originally, but it works rather well.

I do believe I'll miss the obvious line marks that were left on the face when the face expressions changed, though -u- (I think the only other series I know of that did that for any amount of time was Ranma 1/2. It may be a common attribute in older anime though).
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
Possibly. Wish they would air an episode every week though. It will take 1 year to get through the first 26 episodes. Can't wait that long. I wanna see season 3. My favoritr seasons are 3 and 5, hands down. 3: Haruka and Michiru, Hotaru (in the manga with the robot body parts...) and season 3 is just really good. I love season 5 and can't wait to see Galaxia in that animation style and the Sailor animates. Well, I can't wait to see all the characters lol. Getting use to the new voices will be a bit different but at least it's moving at a fast pace. Took Ami 8 episodes to get in, now she's coming in next episodes then Rei right after. I know now the rest of the series will blow me away. Some people were saying how the first episode was the same as the original in ways, well it was. I love it when Usagi stepped on Luna then the way she crawled over. Was so worth waking up at 6 am.

I'm also curious if the whole series will be only 26 episodes, but there are 59 acts in the manga. It will take probably 3 years to finish the series. I can't wait to see characters like Chibi-Chibi in the style or the Amazon Quartet Razz I love Palla Palla the most.
dlready87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
Anime News Network has posted numerous other surveys and we are already into the second week of July. This contest has been delayed for a little over a week now from the original end date. Winners were supposed to be announced on the 30th of June.

I understand delaying a bit to get all the first round finalists posted and ready for voting. I understand being busy with other important events that ANN may have their hand in, like the Anime Expo that started last Thursday? Friday? I'm not sure, I lose track... But the point is that several other surveys have been posted and nobody has said anything about a date on when to expect the Sailor Moon final voting to take place. Then a final date on when the winners will be announced.

It would be reassuring (and exciting to have some news) to all the Sailor Moon fans that put what they believed to be their heart and soul into this contest to know when it's actually going to end...and have a link easily available to go to for all related Sailor Moon inquires as such (I hope that made since, if not, I'll try to explain better if need be).
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope someone will put it up today...I'm gunna go nuts.
ReneeVCrozier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
The thing that bothered me the most was that there was never a clearly visible link for fan voting for groups 9-15. The groups 1-8 like was visible the entire time (and still is!) but they couldn't replace it for the groups 9-15? When I questioned it, someone (no one from the website or a mod) told me that the CEO and owner was stressed and busy since Anime Expo was a few days from when I questioned it, which is understandable. But, if you are going to hold a contest to this extent, wouldn't you make sure it was handled by someone who had the time for it?
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I would have never found the link if I didn't come here
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I've been satiated about this to a degree from an 8-hour Dungeons and Dragons run (probably because I stopped thinking about it for a little while beyond telling my nerdlings to watch Crystal) but I do hope there is a note of the anticipated dates soon, if not the poll itself.

I mean, I haven't kept a tab open for this long since I played Cookie Clicker ^^" And that's saying something since I played it long enough to force myself to get all the achievements.
Aevynne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that, about a link being almost impossible to find for 9-15...and in addition to that, I believe 1-8 had an extra day of voting? I'm not sure...

This contest is awesome and I've really been touched by all of the entries I've seen, I just wish it had been planned a bit better. Sad But it's not like this will be the last Sailor Moon contest ever. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 29