• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratchet573

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Name: Ratchet

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Likes: Anime, writing reviews, martial arts movies, Metal Gear Solid, music, reading, history

Dislikes: Most people, bad anime

Favorite anime: Steins;Gate, Outlaw Star, GiTS

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Kenshin, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Gantz, Spice and Wolf light novels, Gunslinger Girl

Favorite Books: The Great Gatsby, The Dresden Files, Jack Reacher, Serge Storms, Malazan Book of the Fallen

Favorite game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Soup, Blues Brothers, The Raid, The Mummy, Commando, Casablanca, Skyfall

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Cherry Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Sushi, a good hamburger, hot wings, nachos

Favorite Sites: Anime Planet, ANN

Favorite Sport (to watch):Baseball

Favorite Sport (to play): Professional sitting

Favorite Music: I listen to pretty much everything but I'm a fan of indie rock and progressive metal. Dream Theater, Black Keys, Neutral Milk Hotel, Blind Guardian, The Aquabats, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

Job: Currently a student going for my masters in history so I can be a professor. I'm the electronics manager at a K-Mart. *cries*

Hobbies: Anime, writing, reading, hiking, shopping

Other stuff:
I run a website where I post all my anime reviews. I've been reviewing for three years, basically since I started watching anime hardcore. I usually watch anime for a couple months then quit for a few since I get burned out so easily.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
I know this isn`t an introduction but I figured it`s more relevant here than making a new topic.-

I moved about 5000km (still in Canada. LOL this place is so huge) with nothing but 2 suitcases and have to re-buy all my stuff. My new position doesn`t let me watch anime or post online at work so that`s why I`ve been away from the boards here.

Just incase anyone thought I left. It`ll be a month or more until I make posting here again a priority. Good luck to you.
Kuhaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Name: Mike

Blood Type: i really dont know... i think it was A?

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Dutch

Pets: One cat, that begs for food all.the.time!

Drink/Smoke: I dont smoke and i dont drink =3

Likes:Concerts,Cinema's,Traveling,Anime,Manga,Programming,Learning new stuff

Dislikes: Funny how you can't think of any dislike when you need one... we'll i'll get back on that one day xD

Favorite anime: Stein Gate! Uchouten Kazoku! D Grayman! Gundam Wing! Spice and Wolf

Favorite Manga (Light novels): No Game No Life, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Spice and Wolf , Piano no Mori, Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail, Black Bullet, Highschool DxD ( LN), Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Gintama, Kurosaki, Saint Onii-san..

Favorite Books: Of mice and man

Favorite game: Final Fantasy VII.. best game everr :3

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Office, SCRUBS! :3, Psych, Walking dead, i,robot, new x-men movies, Phantom of the opera.. and more but the list would be too large Anime hyper

Favorite Drink: Malibu Coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Chocolate milk...

Favorite Foods: Dragoncake, Springroll,Sushi,any dish with rice, any dish with potatoes

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Random Curiosity, Khan Acadamy, SankakuComplex( for the lulz!)

Favorite Music: Mostly J-pop/J-Rock/Doujin/J-Trance/Some English songs

Job: Student

Hobbies: Anime,Manga,Movies ,Fitness,Animation,Programming, Surfing useless facts on the interwebs..
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
What's up everyone.

I've been lurking only for news around the front pages for few years now. ANN delivers a good punch when it comes to news. So I might be interested in hanging around the forums and see if I want to stick around.

I watch my anime through non-streaming sites for many different reasons - I won't be discussing it any further here or in the future for obvious reasons. I purchase my goods straight from Japan. I like to collect my favorite anime in BD limited editions and I'm a big FIGMA fan. I have lots of FIGMA figures. I love Vocaloid and obviously Hatsune Miku is my favorite virtual idol and idol in whole.

I'm into computer hardware so I have pretty beefy computers laying around and I go for high-end performance and most durable components (4770K, G.Skill Snipers, Asus Maximus VI, Xonar Essence STR, Samsung EVO/Pro 250, WD Black Editions, etc). I've recently built my first NAS so I'm switching my externals (21.5TB) around to my NAS ... it's up to 8TB now, will be 32TB by August. I ... well, I do like gaming, but I get bored so damn quick in like 10 to 15 minutes. I love Blizzard games ........... sometimes. I'm a Sony person so I have all PS systems, with the exception of the first one (I sold two of them last summer). Though I don't purchase many games, maybe like one to three games a year. I like my PS Plus subscription so free games are a big plus!

Hmm, I think that should be it? I do own a website - designed from ground up by me and I like it a lot. I only post on the blog though (I have 5 different sections, one of them is a blog) though the website is not for minors.

Alright. Razz That's it for the intro.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
Good luck Bango!

And welcome to Kuhaku and acetatsjujin!

@Kuhaku: What do you study (if I may ask)? Does it have something to do with programming?

@acetatsujin: Also a former lurker eh? Do you like it on the forums so far?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
A big ole ANN welcome to all the new lovely people we have. I have been remiss in my welcoming duties again. Work work work. Hopefully everyone is enjoying their time here. If not....well....I hear Spain is nice this time of year.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm afraid I scared them off Psycho Crying or Very sad, they never responded to my welcome. I guess I should leave it to you next time.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Name: Jacqui

Sex: Female

Marital Status: Not married, but have a wonderful boyfriend who is also an anime fan

Ethnicity: Caucasian, with my dad's side of the family coming from Germany and my mom's from South Africa

Pets: A cat. My family has pretty much had at least one cat at all times since I was 7.

Drink/Smoke: Neither

Likes: Aside from the obvious of anime and manga, there's video games (mostly RPGs), reading (mostly fantasy), writing, baking, cute animals, and most recently, anime figurine collecting.

Dislikes: Waking up early, spicy foods, writer's block, lying

Favorite Anime: I like so many, it's hard to pick ones to label as "favorite"...but just as a sample of, say, 10 titles: Baccano!, Free!, Gankutsuou, Hataraku Maou-sama!, Hozuki no Reitetsu, Kill la Kill, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Steins;Gate, Tiger and Bunny. But really there's so many more series that I love...

Favorite Manga: Again, it's very hard to pick, so another selection of, let's say 7 this time: Afterschool Charisma, Blue Exorcist, Natsume's Book of Friends, Pandora Hearts, Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, The Tyrant Falls in Love, Vampire Doll

Favorite Books: A Song of Ice and Fire series, Collegia Magica trilogy, Eddie Lacrosse series, The Last Policeman trilogy, The Oprhan's Tales duology

Favorite Games: Final Fantasy series (most favorite: FFX), Fire Emblem Awakening, Persona 4, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Tales of series (most favorite: Abyss), Valkyria Chronicles

Favorite Drink: Any kind of iced tea. Also fruit juices.

Favorite Food: I really love almost any kind of cheese. Just not the blue cheeses. Additionally, all those wonderfully delicious yet unhealthy foods, like burgers, pizza, and most desserts.

Interesting(?) Facts About Me: Hmm, I generally consider myself wholly uninteresting, but let's see what I can manage...
Apparently, on my first day of kindergarten, I went up to the teacher and, without any sort of prompting or provocation, sang the entirety of the song that Jane and Michael Banks sing in Disney's Mary Poppins movie, about the type of nanny they want. I have no recollection of doing this, but now, over 20 years later, I still remember every word to that song, without even trying, so I suppose it could be true.
I get headaches constantly. Apparently this comes from my dad's side of the family.
I took two years of Japanese in college, but for whatever reason I cannot write kanji, at all. I can read quite a lot of them, but the writing ability eludes me.

Um, that's it? I guess. Talking about myself is one of the things I'm worst at, but I thought I might as well give it a shot.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
A big ANN welcome to you Jacquipuff! Woohooo another Marylander!!!! You're right up the road from me. I'm just south of Annapolis. Coincidentally I also have lots of headaches. I actually suffer from migraines and have medication for them. Maybe it's the water lol. Bonus points to you for being a fellow chesse-aholic. Cheese and anime, what else do ya need?
GreyFoxes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote

Marital Status: In a happy long term relationship with a fellow anime fan

Age: 29...one year from the dreaded Otaku Expiration Date...

Ethnicity: Half Central American, half US American. I get to check the "other" box on forms.

Pets: I had a super soft white cat with heterochromic eyes, but she passed away in 2012

Likes: Anime/manga, internet, relaxing, spicy foods, spending time with my girlfriend

Dislikes: Getting wet, not enough sleep, being unemployed

Favorite anime: Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy

Favorite Manga: Black Jack, Yotusuba, JoJo's, Ranma are just a few

Favorite Books: I really enjoyed the Dresden Files series and the works of Dan Brown. I am currently 3 books into Song of Ice and Fire.

Favorite game: The Ace Attorney series and Pokemon

Favorite TV shows/Movies: I really like Britsh comedy shows IT Crown and Black Adder. I also realy liked Sherlock. American shows I like are the Big Bang Theory and Community.

Favorite Drink: I drink Diet Coke like it's water. I also drink a lot of water.

Favorite Foods: Hamburgers, pizza, sushi, meat-based sandwiches, unadon

Favorite Sites: Reddit has been my sort of one stop aggregate for the internet for a while now. I mainly spend most of the time switching between the anime and manga subbreddits though.

Favorite Music: I haven't been big into music for a while, but every now and then I listen to some chillstep. Most of my listening is to audiobooks when I am at the gym

Job: Currently Unemployed, but I have a degree in Graphic Design

Hobbies: Most of my time is Reddit or anime or just random internet stuff. spoiler[I am really very boring]

Fun facts: I once sported an eyebrow ring and thought it looked good

I was voted most likely to be found sleeping in class in high school

I still have my old SEGA Genesis with the same Sonic 3 cartidge I put in it in 1995

Watching an anime was the first thing my girlfriend and I ever did together
Animekyoto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:05 am Reply with quote
Name:Pranish
Sex:male
Favourite anime:usually most of all
Drinks:Soft Drinks,juice
Favourite:most rpgs game and real time stragety games
Marital status:Of couse i m not married
Favourite foods:hamburgers,ramen

I m usually a big fan of anime,mangas since childhood.Most of anime
series i watched are cool.I love tragedy/romantic/action/slice of life animes.
And i will continue watching anime forever.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the jungle GreyFoxes and Animekyoto. Glad to have more fresh meat to sacrifice to our dark God. All hail the Bertschy!!!!!! As a fellow lover of the Dresden files greyfoxes you will be sacrificed last. Kudos to you! Smile Though I do have issue with your otaku expiration date. I hit it a few years ago and I am just fine.........
GreyFoxes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Though I do have issue with your otaku expiration date. I hit it a few years ago and I am just fine.........

Hey, I got that idea from Daryl Surat, so your issue is with him, not me n__n

And after I finish with Song of Ice and Fire, Skin Game is next on the to-read list, so at least let me get to it before the sacrificing begins...
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:56 am Reply with quote
Name: Anna

Sex: Female

Marital Status: In a serious relationship with my WIFI

Ethnicity: Jamaican
What's with these percentages and fractions though?

Pets: None, those things would be dead in a week...

Drink/Smoke: Neither

Likes: Anime (HA!), Fashion, Costume Design, Reading, Life & Tax Deductions

Dislikes: Taxes *grumbles*

Favorite Anime: Ahhh, The ones I really got into recently are Code Geass, Ano Hana, Free!, Space Dandy & Kuroko no Basuke
Overall: Shingeki No Kyojin, Samurai Champloo, Baccano, Bunny Drop, FLCL & Red Garden to name a few.

Favorite Books:The G.O.A.T. for me belongs to Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys

Favorite Games: Any and all Zelda games

Favorite Drink: Coconut Water (only ones that come from an actual coconut from an actual island)

Favorite Food: The free kind

Interesting Facts About Me:
Taking advanced Spanish Classes but I also wanna watch anime so I been watching anime in Japanese with Spanish subtitles which has proved to be VERY interesting (& also ridiculous).
It dawned on me that I been on this site for years and only just clicked on the Forum page...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:26 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
I'm afraid I scared them off Psycho Crying or Very sad, they never responded to my welcome. I guess I should leave it to you next time.

You do have the effect on people Razz

Welcome everyone - thought it had gone quite in here but it seems like my email notifications stopped so I am pleasantly surprised Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 206 of 233