• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glasslip (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
good start. nothing that I dislike about it it yet.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I can understand that guy being hostile, but why did the glasses girl stand up? She seemed like a shy, bookworm character.

I found that odd too. I'm sure they'll address it in the next episode. I also wonder what exactly Yanagi and Yukinari's relationship is since they're apparently living together.

My friend said that maybe the glass girl is a lesbian and is in love with Touko.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
what about being a lesbian would make her react to the new guy saying he expected more than just one guy in the group?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
what about being a lesbian would make her react to the new guy saying he expected more than just one guy in the group?

My friend assumes both of them only stood up because they got some 6th sense that this new guy is a love rival.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I was also wondering if perhaps more superpowers were involved.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking the new guy (I can't remember his name) has the ability to stop time?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
ZA WARUDO.

I doubt that's it, as he was going on about seeing the same thing as Touko.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Seems promising. I'm a sucker for PA Works though. But I really like that Touko is an artist. We don't get enough artist MCs!! D:

Very nice visuals. My only complaint is the colors of the eyes and hair are...rather boring. I'm not saying go wild....but can't they come up with prettier shades of brown? Especially if they're going to focus on the eyes so much!

From what I can gather from this whole romantic angle....

Touko and Kakeru share a mutual attraction, Yuki likes Touko, Sachi (possibly) likes Yuki, Hiro likes Sachi, and Yanagi likes Yuki as well.

Maybe Yuki and Yanagi are cousins who live together. Or step-siblings?

looool what a mess. Bring it on. MY BODY IS READY FOR PA WORKS TEENAGE LOVE ANGST.

Jacquipuff wrote:
They made opening that ramune bottle look so easy...I'm always afraid I'll hurt my hand if I hit it too hard, so I can never open them by myself...

THAT DIDN'T LOOK POSSIBLE!!

I've never opened one from a festival though. I've bought imported ones from Asian markets in the US and they have a little plastic cap on top you just smash in. I normally have to stand my bottle on a hard surface first though...
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I also wonder what exactly Yanagi and Yukinari's relationship is since they're apparently living together.

I think you mean Takayama Yanagi and Shirosaki Hiro. They're siblings-in-law; Yanagi's dad remarried Hiro's mom after her birth mother passed away.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
FD2Raptor wrote:
I think you mean Takayama Yanagi and Shirosaki Hiro. They're siblings-in-law; Yanagi's dad remarried Hiro's mom after her birth mother passed away.

Where are you getting that from? We clearly see Yanagi and Yukinari in the same house when he brought the chickens home. And there was that conversation at 10:20 where he was talking about going into her room to get something she forgot.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
FD2Raptor wrote:

Where are you getting that from? We clearly see Yanagi and Yukinari in the same house when he brought the chickens home. And there was that conversation at 10:20 where he was talking about going into her room to get something she forgot.

Ah... yeah... sorry. That was totally me mistaking the names. So, that should have been: Yanagi's dad remarried Yukinari's mom.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I'm thinking the new guy (I can't remember his name) has the ability to stop time?!

With the "voices from the future" part of the plot summary, the more I think about it, the more I think the second half of the show's title comes from "time slip". So I'd imagine if he has some sort of special ability, it'll be time travel-related.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I would like to know where the glass blowing is going to fit in with all this possible time travelling Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Hm, looks like there's some credibility to that spoiler[Sachi likes Touko] theory.

Yuki spoiler[liking Touko] was something I wasn't expecting going in. That he spoiler[confessed so early in] was also unexpected. spoiler[Touko's] reaction is priceless.

Bit of a shame that the opening clearly spells out who is going to get paired off together. I'd feel a bit more for spoiler[Yuki's inevitable rejection if I didn't know he was just going to hook up with Yanagi after that.]

At this moment the super powers do feel out of place. Touko never gave off any "living with a secret" vibes and the first episode didn't establish it as a thing she had to deal with. So in this episode spoiler[when Kakeru talks to her about it, her reaction almost seems like "Oh yeah, that's a thing I can do."] Well I guess the show is going to be about Touko spoiler[using her powers to try and keep the group together, which we all know will cause them to break apart instead.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
.. spoiler[Touko's] reaction is priceless.

The spoiler[bicycle falling over] made me LOL for some reason. Such a little thing but it was great.
Quote:
At this moment the super powers do feel out of place.

Not for me, although you do have to question why Touko is so easily accepting of it.

In any case it seems like this anime team can make a great anime out of the combination of teen rom-con and the supernatural. As of episode 2 I am hooked and want to see more.

Damn I also love the houses they are living in. Particularly Okikura's. The phonograph was a nice touch. And I find myself wanting to visit that cafe where they all hang out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10