• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ninja Slayer Teaser Streamed After Anime Expo Event

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
So we're doing something along the lines of Afro Samurai? I've never heard of this comic before. So this was created by American comic creators and Trigger is taking an interests? Oh ho, this is gotta to be gold for these guys. Congrats! I may have to check in.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
So we're doing something along the lines of Afro Samurai? I've never heard of this comic before. So this was created by American comic creators and Trigger is taking an interests? Oh ho, this is gotta to be gold for these guys. Congrats! I may have to check in.

Actually, the whole "created by Americans" thing is part of the backstory. It's actually done by two Japanese guys writing under false American pen names. The two guys in the video wearing the Daft Punk masks are thought to be the actual creators.

The whole meta-ness of the story surrounding the manga's creation adds a lot to the satirical nature of it all, if you ask me. Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Actually, the whole "created by Americans" thing is part of the backstory. It's actually done by two Japanese guys writing under false American pen names. The two guys in the video wearing the Daft Punk masks are thought to be the actual creators.

The whole meta-ness of the story surrounding the manga's creation adds a lot to the satirical nature of it all, if you ask me. Laughing

Ah, I figured that was what it was. You have to admit it's an interesting concept. But consider the take on this it could be anything goes. Be prepared to see "FANSERVICE"!!! It's going to be a crazy ride.
loempiavreter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I was a instant fan ever since finding out about this title.

I'm looking for the names of these Ninja Slayer characters, their names are in the picture in japanese.

Forever grattitude for those who can help me translate their names Smile
http://imgur.com/gallery/QkjGp/new
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2