• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Entries Part 1

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainsan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Sparklychick wrote:
I know the first act was amazing. so many people were complaining about the art style but I honestly love it

I really loved the art my ONLY issue was the transformation sequence. Im not one for CG or just jumping styles from 2D art to 3D. I sorta wish they would change it to 2D. Everything was rly vibrant in normal sequences but then as soon as she transformed all i saw was video game esq style. Maybe ill get use to it, but the transformation sequences were my favorite thing about the original anime so i was probably really holding it at a high level.

ALSO,
I've been coming back here looking for a vote too even though i wasnt one of the finalist xD I really cant wait to see the winners, but i bet anything with the 700+ finalist, for someone to sit there and go through everything, picture, paragraph, compare it to others- even if they worked at 100 a day it would take more then a week. Im sure AX rly slowed it all down too with everyone being so busy. We will probably have to be patient a little longer =)
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
I didn't like that as much either. They should have had her moving around a bit. Also, Luna's eyes are still red, they're supposed to be blue. I think Sailor Moon Crystal is gunna be season 1 and 2 because arc two starts at act 14 and act 26 is the last chapter of Black Moon. I hope some of the original voices return for Black Moon..probably not though. I still want to see all the outers in the new style Smile I have the manga both in English and the new ones which aren't in English Smile been studying Japanese for over 2 years Smile So hopefully by Janurary 2015 we see some of the new characters. Can't wait Very Happy season 3 and 5 are still my favorite seasons but they are better in the manga a bit.

I got in the finalists, usually I never do for anything. My entries are on page 13 labeled under Shannon Catney, they are the posters on the pink wall and the 2 custom made shirts on the bed. I ordered a Sailor Saturn poster and Sailor Uranus t-shirt earlier ♡
Swirlyd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
I'm also not totally sold on the 3d, she looks too much like Hatsune Miku during it. Not that I don't like vocaloids (I LOVE them) it just felt out of place. Like putting a pickle on top of a tiered cake... both of these things are delicious, just not together they clash...

If nothing else I am grateful to this contest for getting me into contact with more Sailor Moon fans in the new england area; in face because of this we almost have a complete group for a convention next year. One day I friend and I were saying it'd be super cool to do steampunk style sailor moon but we didn't think it'd actually happen. Now we're actually making it happen Very Happy I'll have to come back here and post pics as they become available.
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote
Have fun. Sailor Moon is so inspirational for everyone and gives so many people strength. I wish people understood what Sailor Moon actually is. Do you guys have merch there? Here in Canada we only have the manga and in a store called Hot Topic there is some stuff like shirts, posters...other stuff comes from e-bay and other sites for me
Raschen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I am so lost. Can you please tell me where do you go to see who the finalists are and or winners? I am not that familiar with this website and this contest was the first one I ever entered. I would greatly appreciate the help.
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Raschen wrote:
I am so lost. Can you please tell me where do you go to see who the finalists are and or winners? I am not that familiar with this website and this contest was the first one I ever entered. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thr voting is donr and now people are waiting to vote for thr finalists the winners
WistfulMidnight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Raschen wrote:

animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2014-06-24/what-does-sailor-moon-mean-to-you/entries/1/.75888

these were the finalist~
There is a more condensed version that should be coming soon, where the top two of every group move to a.. final-finalists? The voting to decide that has been closed for a while though.

So over all, there hasn't been any winners of any sort yet :3
Swirlyd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:28 am Reply with quote
I found a lot of merchandise through the internet and conventions. When I was younger we had a shop that had anime and collectible cards but sadly that is gone now. But my babysitter got me the sailor moon plush from there was I was really little.

I have played one of the project diva games once, I was very bad at it. I hope they release one on steam because the ps3 one looked fun but I do not have the system and I'd rather not buy one just yet since they never released a kingdom hearts game for it.
Sparklychick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I sucked too at first, they take a good bit to get good at. But they are fun Smile the only levels I can't play is extreme without tool, basically for help anf I still suck. I played the game a bit too much recently. I love vocaloids though, their concerts are awesome.
blueberry pancake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
this is really disappointing. i get the whole anime expo thing but jeez
buttholes.exe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
blueberry pancake wrote:
this is really disappointing. i get the whole anime expo thing but jeez

yeah, I was kinda worried about this from the beginning tbh.
There were a lot of good entries, but did there really need to be 700 finalists? It seems like it should have been like, 1/3 of that.
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Every time I try to pull up this page via email it tells me it doesn't exist =n=

Anywho, I sure hope it comes up soon. I was hoping the final results would be up before I go to college ^^" but at this rate it seems possible they won't.
Rainsan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Just saw a tweet from who i think is Tempest saying that the sailor moon contest will resume 2mro and that there will be some extra prizes cause they liked so many entries! =)

link to tweet : https://twitter.com/ANN_Ed/status/488119715282157569
WistfulMidnight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Rainsan wrote:
Just saw a tweet from who i think is Tempest saying that the sailor moon contest will resume 2mro and that there will be some extra prizes cause they liked so many entries! =)

wooo~~ thanks for that Rainsan.
I was just about to stop checking cause I felt like a derp checking a few times a day.
Hope we hear more tomorrow o3o~
Deedlet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
WistfulMidnight wrote:
Rainsan wrote:

wooo~~ thanks for that Rainsan.
I was just about to stop checking cause I felt like a derp checking a few times a day.
Hope we hear more tomorrow o3o~

Yeah thanks for posting this! I don't have a twitter account, so I've been checking here at least once a day to see if there has been an update Razz
This is exciting! <3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 29