• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Barakamon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

... I hope it's not like Bunny Drop. Of course I haven't seen the anime, not at all, never will

It is okay. You can watch the anime. They didn't adapt the 2nd half of the manga and I doubt there will ever be a 2nd season.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
yeah the bunny drop anime was great and i like to pretend its ending is the true ending.

Liked episode one of this, i watched because i plan on getting the manga as i enjoy stuff like this.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Had never heard of this before, and wasn't enthused going in, although it looked like it had possibilities. By the end of the art gallery scene, I was completely sold. Best first episode I've seen since Eccentric Family.

I just wish I could think of who Naru reminds me of. Chibi Gon, maybe?
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Loved this episode. That punch actually shocked me, wasn't expecting it! I was a bit worried that Naru would be an annoying kid character, but she's sooo adorable! The "finger-corn" bit had me giggling, and I love how the whole village came to help him move in at the end. Looking forward to more!
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
This is my favorite premier so far, really looking forward to seeing where this goes.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
that was adorable. I'm sold, I will be watching this one.

Last edited by getchman on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
It's too bad Barakamon isn't officially streaming in the U.S. I'd like to hear some of ANN's writers' thoughts on the series.

I came close to buying the manga at Animate today but had to remind myself that my bookshelf is getting full... If they had the special edition of vol.7 I might have been instantly sold since it comes with a hilarious mini figure of Naru and Handa. Looks like that volume's sold out and is now going for big bucks though. =(
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
It's too bad Barakamon isn't officially streaming in the U.S. I'd like to hear some of ANN's writers' thoughts on the series.

=(

ANN are free to review nonstreaming shows and they usually do. What they won't do is review a show if someone is streaming it but haven't done so yet. That's the case here. Funimation have announced that they are streaming it, but they haven't started yet... so no "preview" (such a misleading word, they never PREview a single show)

My thought on the show was "it's lucky he wasn't arrested for assault." But maybe that's American thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GreyFoxes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
For the most part I have no love for small children characters in anime and manga, as I tend to find them to often be annoying or just grating in general

Their precocious antics come off as more aggravating than endearing much of the time, so I will admit to entering into watching this series with a bit of trepidation, redoubled by the fact that Naru was being voiced by an actual child

Thankfully for me, despite these concerns, I found that I genuinely enjoyed what I saw in this first episode.

Naru manages to skirt that line, just managing to not become bothersome by just a hair. Even her voice, while it took a bit of getting used to at first, actually helped her character feel actually more genuine and realistic than if she had been voiced by a grown woman trying to sound young.

I get a lot of the same feelings from this show that I got from Silver Spoon, which since I really liked Silver Spoon, is a good sign.

I look forward to seeing how this series develops
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Well, if y'all were expecting me to go against the flow and say I hated this, y'all would be disappointed. I wanted to wait until Funi started streaming it but they are clearly taking their sweet time so eff that.

I'm not familiar with the source material, but I hope Mr. Chip-on-his-Shoulder gets a love interest.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm not familiar with the source material, but I hope Mr. Chip-on-his-Shoulder gets a love interest.

He already has one. spoiler[Caligraphy is his one true love!]
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Blood- wrote:

He already has one. spoiler[Caligraphy is his one true love!]

You mean spoiler[the god of calligraphy].
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Loving the first episode. Great characters and good comedy, I was giggling the entire time. Naru and Handa's interaction is quite fun to watch with their opposite personalities.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't wait So watched the first ep, loved it.

Reminded me of a mixture of Yotsuba, Bunny Drop, Only Yesterday, & Silver Spoon. Which is a very tasty mixture indeed.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Boy, did they cram a lot of chapters into this episode. I guess there's a part they really want to get to quickly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10