• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Barakamon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Love this series! Handa sensei cracks me and and the village people are so cooky. At first I thought that the old guy spoiler[at the hospital had died and it was going to be all sad, but he turned out to be "the ghost." LOL!]

The misunderstandings were hilarious. X3 Is it next Sunday yet??
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Damn there skipping a lot of stuff (or are they just changing the order?). So of it is problematic, since Tama reaction don't make much sense without the back story to it. I do hope they don't go too fast just to have filler-ish episode later on.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
This show is so great. My favorite moment during episode 2 is spoiler[when Naru slapped Handa because of a mosquito]. Seriously, that moment was just priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:29 am Reply with quote
He's never gonna have any privacy.
That kid... is just awesome!
She's such a menace that it's hilarious.
I think Naru just might be my favorite character!
The new character added some seriousness.
Especially when he got inspired to try harder.
Still, the mood is always light and fun with a twist of serious.
Sei is just too serious for his own good.
The point of coming to that island wasn't just work.
He hasn't realized that yet.
It's to make him relax, loosen up and develop his own calligraphy style through fun.
His moments of inspiration are ROFL
Guess he has a long way to go..
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:04 am Reply with quote
Just how did sensei manage to survive until now?! Good for him that there are enough meddlesome folks there to keep him from dying...nosy people meddling in others' affairs without being asked to was one of the things i hated the most about growing up in a small town. But this shows manages to portray this so charmingly, i don't mind at all. It also helps that Naru continues to be awesome.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote
Unless I am missing it this still doesn't appear to be on Funi's site. I hope this series won't be overlooked because of a late simulcast.

But episode 2 was just as charming as the first and I already liked all the new characters that were introduced. My favorite moments were the twist at the end and how the middle schoolers taught Naru all the "bad words"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Only the second episode and I can say that I love this anime. I don't even want to pick favourite parts since. If I had to pick some highlights, I liked that that Naru was spoiler[staying there because she wanted to see a ghost] yet Seishu was spoiler[obviously scared of the idea]. In general the girls just spoiler[not listening to him], the back and forth is still kind of cool, not like it is hate there. And going from spoiler[mosquito to him tying Naru up]. Naru in general too. Who hasn't seen a kid play with a toy car like that?

I totally knew the spoiler[old guy was a ghost, a little too obvious] but still fun. But what was with one of the girls looking so shocked. What was with the one with glasses, it looked like she was angry.... but I thought maybe spoiler[she would fit the role of fujoshi though].

I feel like I am going to get burned from liking this so much and get let down, I prefer for my opinion of something to go up instead of down and I am kind of putting this on a pedestal.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I know what you mean about fearing a crash and burn when a series starts off this good. Smile I loved all the little body reactions when people just kept tripping over him and stepping on him. All those little side bits going on in every scene are a delight.

DuskyPredator wrote:
What was with the one with glasses, it looked like she was angry.

I wondered about that too, but I think maybe she was spoiler[being possessed in that moment by the ghost (which is how he knew that everyone was concerned about him).] Or maybe she was angry and we'll find out why in another episode. Smile

@ Merida: he probably lived on convenience store bento and ramen. Or maybe his agent fed him.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Love the show, the music, the atmosphere, the characters ect. ect. Best show this season (and maybe this year?) for me.

Question though: what's Naru got hanging off her shorts? Some rope?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Do they always have to make the glasses girls into fujos?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
Question though: what's Naru got hanging off her shorts? Some rope?

Seems to be rope, which I think is holding up her pants, since it's tied in a bow, but maybe it's for emergency climbing too. Smile
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:12 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I feel like I am going to get burned from liking this so much and get let down, I prefer for my opinion of something to go up instead of down and I am kind of putting this on a pedestal.

Yeah I always worry about this too when a series is off to such a great start. Although I do know some manga fans who say they are rushing through some things; as someone who is completely new to this series I am loving every second of it.

But it is only one cour so less time for expectations to be be let down and I don't think there is an overarching plot hence that also comes with less expectations. It just has to stay charming and funny with maybe some good character development. There is no need to worry about being let down because the plot didn't live up to what it promised.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote
Just came by to post this:

OnoD and Hara Suzuko! How cuuuuuuute~~!!

Listen to the radio show: http://www.animate.tv/radio/barakamon-radio/
Suzuko chan is guest in the third one and is ADORABLE!!! The way OnoD talks to her is cute too.

It seems Suzuko chan isn't the only child actor in this series and other kids are voiced children too. And that the kid who voices Kenta (the one who gave Handa the butt jab) has actually kancho'd OnoD in the studio, LOL.

I'm surprised to learn that Suzuko chan isn't actually from Kyuushuu and learned to speak the lines in the Kyuushuu dialect via listening to tapes and some coaching in the studio. Wow!!
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so many small but brilliant moments in this episode. spoiler[Poor, unconscious Sensei...] That part with the cicada shells, I probably would have shrieked and run into the next room. I know they're just the shells, but it would still creep me out. And Naru's growing repetoire of questionable words and phrases (and the culprit responsible)...I'd love to just spend a day around Naru, just to hear whatever she says next.

Oh, and the after-credits bit...spoiler["Sensei, what do you want me to do with these blood-soaked onions?"] Laughing
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:23 am Reply with quote
It's Thursday! The day the radio show Rajikamon gets updated! =DDD

OnoD with Suzuko chan (Naru) and Rina chan (Hina)! So cute~

Totally hooked on this series. Bought the manga and it brings me smiles whenever I'm on break at work or am riding the train. X3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10